Thank you Cats!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Thank you Cats!

Post by Camo_Cat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:16 pm

What a roller-coaster ride you took us on! When this team was blown up after last season and Coach Logie came in as late hire with a hastily assembled team, another Big Dance appearance seemed impossible. You guys gutted it out and believed in yourselves when a lot of others didn't.

What a season, and the golden age of Bobcat basketball continues! Can't wait to see what Logie can do with a full year of recruiting available to him. Already look forward to next season - let's go Cats!!!

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

msu_agfan

Re: Thank you Cats!

Post by msu_agfan » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:28 am

This team was a joy to watch thru the whole year! loved seeing them compete, improve, bounce back, and then excel when it mattered most. Looking forward to next year!!

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96

HighPlainsBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HighPlainsBobcat » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:38 am

What a season! From the lows to the highs, it’s been one of the wildest I’ve experienced! It’s provided for lessons that reach far beyond sport.

It’s certainly was one of growth for many players. One of the most important takeaways was getting up after getting knocked down. Responding to ring the bell each and every time. The final loss hurts but with that wound comes healing and growth. I have no doubt that Coach Logie and his staff will reload. The ship was set right during the season. The sails just need a little more trimming.

The golden age of Bobcat Basketball indeed!

GoCatsGo 👊

MinnesotaBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MinnesotaBobcat » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:18 am

My hope for this season was to finish in the top half of the conference and win a game at the conference tournament. This team far exceeded expectations and was fun to watch. Thanks for a great season. Can’t wait until next year!

Pucket21
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Pucket21 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:33 am

Super excited about the future of our team, the young men on this years team are the start of a new era with Logie in command. Thank You for an enjoyable season beyond expectations. Can't wait to watch them next year.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:22 pm

Kudos to this group of kids, and to the coaches. Excellent outcome considering the headwinds.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:41 pm

- First Big Sky team in over 40 years to play in three straight NCAA Tournaments, and an active 9-game win streak in the Big Sky Tournament.
- Beat every other Big Sky team this year at least once.
- Road win over Cal, who turned out to be a pretty decent team in the Pac-12.

If anyone had posted that all these things would happen back in October, I'd have questioned their mental soundness. Immense thanks to Robert and John, and hopefully the rest of the guys who have eligibility remaining decide to stick around for the fourpeat in 2025!

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:03 pm

I was disappointed when Danny left, but thought Logie was a good hire. I thought we'd be around .500 this year...which is about where we ended up. But the run at the end of the season was pure joy! Wish we would've got the win against Grambling, but man did Logie and the guys outperform expectations. Hats off to Ford and Olmstead for huge contributions to the team and culture. Can't wait for next year. Go Get 'Em Cats!!