John Olmsted highlight video

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rfischer94
BobcatNation Team Captain

John Olmsted highlight video

Post by rfischer94 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:55 pm

I've liked Olmsted all season and was delighted when he had his breakout moment. I was so excited, I made a highlight video. Enjoy!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: John Olmsted highlight video

Post by AFCAT » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:34 pm

rfischer94 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:55 pm
I've liked Olmsted all season and was delighted when he had his breakout moment. I was so excited, I made a highlight video. Enjoy!

You need to take the video off of the private setting.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

rfischer94

Post by rfischer94 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:17 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:34 pm
rfischer94 wrote:

Oops...done! I hope you enjoy it!

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:50 am

rfischer94 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:17 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:34 pm
rfischer94 wrote:

Oops...done! I hope you enjoy it!
I did enjoy it. Thanks!

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:59 am

It’s crazy how much Olmsted has drastically changed this team. Yes ford is the heart and soul, unquestioned mvp…. But Olmsted coming out of nowhere the last 4 games has completely changed what this team brings to the table.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

rfischer94

Post by rfischer94 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:06 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:59 am
It’s crazy how much Olmsted has drastically changed this team. Yes ford is the heart and soul, unquestioned mvp…. But Olmsted coming out of nowhere the last 4 games has completely changed what this team brings to the table.
Without a doubt. There seems to be something special about this group!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:24 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:59 am
Our team before Olmsted started playing serious minutes was a lot like Brian Fish's teams. Great point guard (Frey/Ford), shooter (Hall/Goracke), forward (Blevins/Walker-not quite a direct comparison). Fish could never get a big to play defense the way he wanted so tall guys sat and our "center" was a 6'5" swingman, city league Sam Neumann. Fish teams couldn't get a stop to save their lives.

This season, Logie had either Walker or Nduka-who is only 6'5" trying to guard the post. When the team from missoula played us in Bozeman it was pretty much layup practice for them until Logie went zone-where Moody went off on us. Having the tall athletic center protecting the rim made all the difference. Look how many times Olmsted caused their guy not to shoot, or he altered a shot, got a rebound, or tipped it out-all of those plays would have been points for them. I hope Logie's learned his lesson. At this level you can't be successful defending with a 6'5" journeyman center. It will be interesting to see if we get a big out of the transfer portal for next season.

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:48 pm

100% on the last post. Logie’s offense works best with an athletic big who can move off the ball, rotate out on the perimeter, and who knows how to run pick-and-roll. They don’t need to be that skilled either, they just need to be smart and have a motor. I’m not saying John isn’t skilled, because he certainly is. But the majority of his points came off P&R actions and ended in dunks.
Being objectively honest, Walker is just not a fit for this offense and how this team plays at its best. He’s much better as a change of pace bucket-getter. But in terms of offensive flow and efficiency, he just clogs ball movement and isn’t willing/can’t see/can’t make the extra pass that Olmsted consistently makes that lead to so many open layups or open 3’s on the Cats’ biggest scoring runs. Again, not saying Walker isn’t skilled. But a player like Olmsted fits so much better into the system than a player like Walker.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:00 pm

Logie demonstrated that he knew we needed a big in the middle the entire season. The problem was that John did not show well when he got the opportunity earlier in the season. At the end he was ready and proved that repeatedly. Thanks John and Matt.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:33 pm

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:55 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:00 pm
Logie demonstrated that he knew we needed a big in the middle the entire season. The problem was that John did not show well when he got the opportunity earlier in the season. At the end he was ready and proved that repeatedly. Thanks John and Matt.
I'm sure you're right, but one has to wonder...what if Nduka doesn't get hurt (I think it was the Idaho game?) and what if Walker doesn't get ejected at EWU early in that game? Those events gave Olmsted a lot of extra minutes to show what he could do-and showed it he did! He's one of the most amazing and improbable stories I've ever seen in sports. If what he did was in a fictional movie, I would have said it was too farfetched.

I like to think Casey "Flopper" Jones from EWU is the reason the Bobcats won the Big Sky title. :lol: =D^

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:09 pm

rfischer94 wrote:

Great video, Roger!

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:15 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:33 pm
That was great. Thank you!

rfischer94

Post by rfischer94 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:31 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:09 pm
rfischer94 wrote:

Great video, Roger!
Glad you liked it! I had fun making it.

msu_agfan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by msu_agfan » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:44 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:55 pm
thefrank1 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:00 pm
I'm sure you're right, but one has to wonder...what if Nduka doesn't get hurt (I think it was the Idaho game?) and what if Walker doesn't get ejected at EWU early in that game? Those events gave Olmsted a lot of extra minutes to show what he could do-and showed it he did! He's one of the most amazing and improbable stories I've ever seen in sports. If what he did was in a fictional movie, I would have said it was too farfetched.

I like to think Casey "Flopper" Jones from EWU is the reason the Bobcats won the Big Sky title. :lol: =D^
He definitely had a hand in it! :-^

Animal Science/ Ag Business '96