"These are the good ol' days"

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

"These are the good ol' days"

Post by wbtfg » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:21 am

I think Keaton used this phrase on the radio broadcast last night, and he gave credit to Lamberty on twitter.

It's really quite amazing what this program has accomplished over the past few years.

Remember the february swoon? The early outs in the tournament? Dreaming of one day where we get back to the tournament. Black hole program for coaches....etc.

No one would have predicted we could have gone from that mindset to becoming a 3x BSC tourney championship and being a national program on the rise.

These really are the good ol' days of Bobcat Basketball.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: "These are the good ol' days"

Post by DMMDCats » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:33 am

Thank you

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:34 am

It's the truth. It's hard to comprehend how big of a deal winning the BSC was a few years ago, and how unattainable it seemed. Then in 2022 we win one and we're all ecstatic. The next year we're blown away by doing it back to back. And even as big of a surprise as this one was, I found myself sort of sub-consciously thinking this is just the standard now. I know it's objectively not the standard, but it's wild that my brain even went there after wondering a few years back if MSU would ever get to the tournament again.

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:35 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:21 am
I think Keaton used this phrase on the radio broadcast last night, and he gave credit to Lamberty on twitter.

It's really quite amazing what this program has accomplished over the past few years.

Remember the february swoon? The early outs in the tournament? Dreaming of one day where we get back to the tournament. Black hole program for coaches....etc.

No one would have predicted we could have gone from that mindset to becoming a 3x BSC tourney championship and being a national program on the rise.

These really are the good ol' days of Bobcat Basketball.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:52 am

Last edited by AFCAT on Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:54 am

All you February swooners here posting doom and gloom…

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:30 am

Common Cat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:54 am
"coulda, woulda, shoulda" very quickly turned into "****** that, let's do it again anyway".

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:34 am

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:30 am
Common Cat wrote:
"coulda, woulda, shoulda" very quickly turned into "****** that, let's do it again anyway".
Yep. Someone posted this the other day but I really do think after watching this team and hearing the comments postgame from RFIII that this was essentially the way it went down after the team heard the preseason thoughts and suffered the early growing pains with all the associated press and fan complaining (I'll gladly eat crow here, I was one that was pretty down on them at times).

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:35 pm

MSU Bookstore with some new tournament swag!

https://www.msubookstore.org/collection ... 2p9WdMw4SM

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:35 pm

Apologies Coach Dan, stealing your song.

$42 Tshirt
$80 Hoodie
??????????????
Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:05 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:34 am
It's the truth. It's hard to comprehend how big of a deal winning the BSC was a few years ago, and how unattainable it seemed. Then in 2022 we win one and we're all ecstatic. The next year we're blown away by doing it back to back. And even as big of a surprise as this one was, I found myself sort of sub-consciously thinking this is just the standard now. I know it's objectively not the standard, but it's wild that my brain even went there after wondering a few years back if MSU would ever get to the tournament again.
The Bobcats have had more Big Sky Tournament wins between 2021 - 2024 (11) than they did between 1989 - 2019 (10).

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:04 pm

DMMDCats wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:35 pm

Apologies Coach Dan, stealing your song.

$42 Tshirt
$80 Hoodie
??????????????
Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot
Nice! Every time I hear that song, it brings back memories of Bobcat MBB. In the late 90's and early 2000's, that was always the song played after a win in the Brick. :cool:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:49 pm

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:19 am

kmax wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:34 am
MSU01 wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
Yep. Someone posted this the other day but I really do think after watching this team and hearing the comments postgame from RFIII that this was essentially the way it went down after the team heard the preseason thoughts and suffered the early growing pains with all the associated press and fan complaining (I'll gladly eat crow here, I was one that was pretty down on them at times).

After we lost to Rocky I turned to my buddies in the Brick and proclaimed that we might only have ONE division one player on the roster. I was wrong, and I apologize.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:35 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:19 am
kmax wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
Common Cat wrote:

After we lost to Rocky I turned to my buddies in the Brick and proclaimed that we might only have ONE division one player on the roster. I was wrong, and I apologize.
I didn't think the Cats would win a single Big Sky conference game after the Rocky loss. You aren't alone.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:43 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:35 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
kmax wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
I didn't think the Cats would win a single Big Sky conference game after the Rocky loss. You aren't alone.
I'm not sure anyone but the team thought we would win another game...

Furious George
New Recruit

Post by Furious George » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:48 pm

Much better K&TG BB Jam...

TCcat 84
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by TCcat 84 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:52 pm

Bruce Haroldson used "Celebration" for warmups in the early 80's.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:30 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
kmax wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
Common Cat wrote:

Yep. To use a football analogy, when the Griz got spanked by NAU, I would have put any amount of money down that they were not making it to Frisco. After the Cats got thumped by Rocky, I would have bet even more that the Cats weren't going to the big dance.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:31 pm

The Bobcats to all the doom and gloomers and February swooners (like me):