On to "the Dance!"

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

On to "the Dance!"

Post by aucat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:43 am

The Cats have a NET ranking of 208 in the nation today. Frankly I kinda hope that we get a "play in" game because
that would give us a realistic chance of actually winning a game in the NCAAs, plus if we did, we would get to
play TWO games in the post season.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: On to "the Dance!"

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:54 am

aucat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:43 am
The Cats have a NET ranking of 208 in the nation today. Frankly I kinda hope that we get a "play in" game because
that would give us a realistic chance of actually winning a game in the NCAAs, plus if we did, we would get to
MSU currently has the second-lowest NET ranking of any team that has qualified for the tournament so far, ahead of only Wagner. A First Four game is all but guaranteed unless there are two or three even bigger upset winners in their tournaments than MSU was. I'm all for it, with how well MSU is playing right now I think they've got a great shot to beat any other 16 seed in the field. Hopefully Goracke and Olmsted can heal up and be able to play in that game!

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: On to "the Dance!"

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:01 am

MSU01 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:54 am
aucat wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:43 am
MSU currently has the second-lowest NET ranking of any team that has qualified for the tournament so far, ahead of only Wagner. A First Four game is all but guaranteed unless there are two or three even bigger upset winners in their tournaments than MSU was. I'm all for it, with how well MSU is playing right now I think they've got a great shot to beat any other 16 seed in the field. Hopefully Goracke and Olmsted can heal up and be able to play in that game!
The injuries are the biggest concern, and can those guys (Ford included) heal up enough in that short amount of time.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay