Brawl 3.0: MSU vs that other team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rfischer94
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Brawl 3.0: MSU vs that other team

Post by rfischer94 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:31 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:17 pm
rfischer94 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:18 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:15 pm
Does anyone know if there is a video of the after game festivities, like the net cutting, the on court interviews, etc? The TV broadcast ended without showing any of that but I read it was broadcast somewhere but I can’t find a recording.
Yes! It's on ESPN+ under Big Sky Courtside.
Thanks. I found it and watching right now.
Great! It's fun to watch.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:07 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:20 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:12 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:01 pm
Furious George wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:38 pm
Awkward!!!!
Not sure how many have followed this saga, but it is pretty amazing. Freshman basketball player gets a DUI driving the wrong way down a street. For some reason, Griz basketball has allowed him to stay on the team.
Well, I don’t know if that’s a punishment you want to have. I know of some Cat football players that got DUIs in the Choate era that weren’t kicked off the team.
I am not exactly sure why you would try to defend this situation. Heck, one jacka$$ at egriz actually asked if he was apply as an MSU coordinator. And what a terrible fan base over there. No issues with the kid staying, but they throw jabs at a guy who lost his child to a drunk driver. Totally disgusting. Can’t believe moderators wouldn’t take action against that poster.

https://egriz.com/threads/connor-dick.93089/

By the way, not the first time this kid has been in trouble. He was in the Hellgate team when a girls was raped at his house during a party. Terrible.
Thanks for the e-gris link but I don't waste my time over there.

Anyway, not sure what you mean by "defend this situation." I'm pretty certain that I'm not defending any DUIs. I'm only saying that kicking him off the team shouldn't necessarily (depends on the situation) be a punishment, especially when Bobcat players (and griz players too) and coaches have also gotten DUIs in the past and they weren't kicked off the team.

I don't know anything about this young mans past or if he was convicted of any criminal act. However, if he was convicted of rape in high school, I doubt he'd be on the grizzly basketball team. If he wasn't convicted of a crime in that incident, then I'm not sure why you are bringing it up here.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:25 pm

This seems like an odd thing to be discussing in a thread about MSU's third straight Big Sky Championship. I read this thread on eGriz a few weeks ago and at the end someone said the charges were dropped.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:29 pm

Missoula journalist says MSU doesn’t deserve a bsc title or tourney birth. Wow.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:57 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:29 pm

I watched part of the game with Seaborn Larson. He was good about it. And I think he knows how to spell eked.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:04 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:07 pm
Cataholic wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Furious George wrote:
Awkward!!!!
Not sure how many have followed this saga, but it is pretty amazing. Freshman basketball player gets a DUI driving the wrong way down a street. For some reason, Griz basketball has allowed him to stay on the team.
Well, I don’t know if that’s a punishment you want to have. I know of some Cat football players that got DUIs in the Choate era that weren’t kicked off the team.
I am not exactly sure why you would try to defend this situation. Heck, one jacka$$ at egriz actually asked if he was apply as an MSU coordinator. And what a terrible fan base over there. No issues with the kid staying, but they throw jabs at a guy who lost his child to a drunk driver. Totally disgusting. Can’t believe moderators wouldn’t take action against that poster.

By the way, not the first time this kid has been in trouble. He was in the Hellgate team when a girls was raped at his house during a party. Terrible.

Anyway, not sure what you mean by "defend this situation." I'm pretty certain that I'm not defending any DUIs. I'm only saying that kicking him off the team shouldn't necessarily (depends on the situation) be a punishment, especially when Bobcat players (and griz players too) and coaches have also gotten DUIs in the past and they weren't kicked off the team.

I don't know anything about this young mans past or if he was convicted of any criminal act. However, if he was convicted of rape in high school, I doubt he'd be on the grizzly basketball team. If he wasn't convicted of a crime in that incident, then I'm not sure why you are bringing it up here.
I commented on someone else’s post regarding Connor Dick. I don’t want to derail the thread, but felt it was appropriate with the previous post.

I won’t dive into the specifics and further derail the thread, but the previous incident at his house in high school is documented.

My post was simply that the hypocrisy of UM folks is sickening. They refer to MSdUi but find no issue with Connor Dick continuing to play. And the comments at egriz elaborate that view.

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:04 pm

wbtfg wrote:

That's okay; he's posting that as a fan and not as a reporter. But I still think it's pretty darn cool the Cats were able to piss in his Cheerios.......

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:16 pm

hilinegrizfan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:22 pm
Griz by 10, pretty easily. win the BSC for the second time in the same school year and the crush the spirit of the cats in the same swing of the bat. Glorious.
You nailed it!

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:20 pm

wbtfg wrote:

That Griz team was capable of being good. But I think they were soft at some big spots, specifically Vasquez and dischon Thomas. Theyj ust laid down when MSU turned up the pressure. And msu isn't "lowly," that's not accurate. They beat every team in the league this year.

rfischer94

Post by rfischer94 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:46 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:

I watched part of the game with Seaborn Larson. He was good about it. And I think he knows how to spell eked.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:00 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Furious George wrote:
Awkward!!!!
Lol. I’m not trying to defend anybody, or throw anybody under the bus, but the amount of players I knew in college who got in trouble for driving drunk or smoking pot was very high. And nothing happened. Rob would have them miss a game for undisclosed reasons. And I promise, nothing is different at any other university.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:02 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:04 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:07 pm
Cataholic wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Furious George wrote:
Awkward!!!!

I commented on someone else’s post regarding Connor Dick. I don’t want to derail the thread, but felt it was appropriate with the previous post.

I won’t dive into the specifics and further derail the thread, but the previous incident at his house in high school is documented.

My post was simply that the hypocrisy of UM folks is sickening. They refer to MSdUi but find no issue with Connor Dick continuing to play. And the comments at egriz elaborate that view.
Brother, 99.6% of fans are hypocrites when it comes to their teams/players. I’ll give you a hint though, the peeps on egriz aren’t actually outraged about the DUI’s, it’s just either to be funny (even when they aren’t) and to feel morally superior until one of their players do something that they can wash over. I wouldn’t take it very seriously.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:16 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:57 pm
wbtfg wrote:

:lol:

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:05 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:20 pm
wbtfg wrote:

That Griz team was capable of being good. But I think they were soft at some big spots, specifically Vasquez and dischon Thomas. Theyj ust laid down when MSU turned up the pressure. And msu isn't "lowly," that's not accurate. They beat every team in the league this year.
I personally don’t think the team in Missoula laid down at all. I think Montana State took what they got, and beat them soundly.
They definitely got frustrated with how well MSU played defense.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:07 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:00 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Furious George wrote:
Awkward!!!!
Lol. I’m not trying to defend anybody, or throw anybody under the bus, but the amount of players I knew in college who got in trouble for driving drunk or smoking pot was very high. And nothing happened. Rob would have them miss a game for undisclosed reasons. And I promise, nothing is different at any other university.
Usually, I think that’s in the team rules that violation of team roles is a one game suspension typically. Not quite a few players when Ash was here and when chow was here that had to miss portions of games or full games.
I think, athletic departments avoid stating what the breakage of team roles was. That avoids outside criticism to the point of making a mistake a political event.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:11 pm

wbtfg wrote:

Totally shocked, bummed and generally PO about the British army, a good army, losing to lowly military forces of George Washington, that eked out an under .500 war record and doesn’t deserve the Battle of Yorktown title, let alone an Independence title. WTF happened King George III?

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:49 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:11 pm
wbtfg wrote:

Totally shocked, bummed and generally PO about the British army, a good army, losing to lowly military forces of George Washington, that eked out an under .500 war record and doesn’t deserve the Battle of Yorktown title, let alone an Independence title. WTF happened King George III?
That journalistic genius also misspelled berth.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:27 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:15 pm
Does anyone know if there is a video of the after game festivities, like the net cutting, the on court interviews, etc? The TV broadcast ended without showing any of that but I read it was broadcast somewhere but I can’t find a recording.
Skyline had some video in some tweets. If I get some time I'll post some cool tweets from that night.

rfischer94

Post by rfischer94 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:57 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:11 pm
wbtfg wrote:

Epic.

lutecat

Post by lutecat » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:57 pm

wbtfg wrote:

Tweet has been deleted I think