2024 Big Sky Tournament — MBB

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

2024 Big Sky Tournament — MBB

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:40 am

Let’s go win this thing! Our offense seems twice as fast with Olmsted on the court. Our defense is generally good enough, and now we have the opportunity to score over 60 points. Go ‘Cats! Three in a row.

Montanabob

Re: 2024 Big Sky Tournament — MBB

Post by Montanabob » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:09 pm

msu wins in championship in both brackets.
against unco in mens, griz in in womens

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

SCVBobcat
New Recruit

Post by SCVBobcat » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:13 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:40 am
Let’s go win this thing! Our offense seems twice as fast with Olmsted on the court. Our defense is generally good enough, and now we have the opportunity to score over 60 points. Go ‘Cats! Three in a row.
I'd think most games now Olmsted will have at least twice as many min.s as Nduka. I'd love to see Olmsted, Lecholat, and Walker out there together at times when the other team goes small. We could kill on the offensive boards. That would sure be a nice change. :D

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:52 pm

The sac Idaho game is on 7.2 channel over the air

I wonder if the first 2 or 3 rounds will broadcast on it.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:04 pm

Very impressed by the crowd in Boise even on Day 1 of the tournament. SUU leaving the Big Sky may have been the best thing to happen to the Tournament since they can now run the men's and women's brackets in parallel on the same days.

cat-o-nine
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by cat-o-nine » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:53 am

So, what's the deal with the Big Sky Conference not updating the online bracket? I mean, overall their website leaves a ton to be desired, but is this really too difficult for them? I keep going back to the website thinking that surely they will update it at some point, but nope. Or am I just not going to the right site?

https://bigskyconf.com/documents/2024/3 ... df?id=8334

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:25 am

I know it's been stated a lot lately but it is pretty damn incredible to see this Cat team playing for the title. We all know losing Sprinkle was a huge blow but Logie has absolutely proven himself and over achieved this season. Forget about losing Sprinkle for a bit, can you imagine if Logie had this current team plus Raequon Battle, Jubrile Belo, Darius Brown II, Great Osobar? Insane.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:11 pm

I'm sure people get tired of hearing this stuff from me, and I get tired of feeling like I have to say it, but the blatant gris bias by the Montana media has been on full display this week during the BSC tourney. Every single day, on websites like 406 MT Sports and MontanaSports.com, the lead headline/story has been about the gris, rather than the Cats...every single day. If anyone can provide another explanation for this, other than gris bias, I'd sure like to hear it.

Pucket21
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Pucket21 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:37 pm

John K wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:11 pm
I'm sure people get tired of hearing this stuff from me, and I get tired of feeling like I have to say it, but the blatant gris bias by the Montana media has been on full display this week during the BSC tourney. Every single day, on websites like 406 MT Sports and MontanaSports.com, the lead headline/story has been about the gris, rather than the Cats...every single day. If anyone can provide another explanation for this, other than gris bias, I'd sure like to hear it.
my guess is that UM has school of journalism, so plenty of media is from Missoula and thus biased towards griz. Also part of the reason that journalism is a dead end degree now days. Just my thoughts.....

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:04 pm

John K wrote:
Perhaps it's as simple as that the stories are listed in reverse chronological order and UM has played after MSU in every session.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:09 pm

Pucket21 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:37 pm
John K wrote:
my guess is that UM has school of journalism, so plenty of media is from Missoula and thus biased towards griz. Also part of the reason that journalism is a dead end degree now days. Just my thoughts.....
Nonstop Local on 18.2 just was talking about the Montana State Wildcats! Lol🤦‍♂️

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:53 am

Pucket21 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:37 pm
John K wrote:
BOOM

=D^ =D^

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

HighPlainsBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HighPlainsBobcat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:12 am

Any thoughts to who else that should have made this list? Olmstead? Patterson? Lecholat? Turner?

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:40 am

I don't think the voters wanted to punish Goracke for getting hurt. I rewatched the championship game and he played less than half the game. He was out with foul trouble in the first half and was injured very early in the second half and never returned. He was absolutely essential in our win over Weber so that is probably what pushed him onto the All-tournament team. I think you could make a case for both Turner and Olmstead. Olmstead impact in the Championship was huge.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:51 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:40 am
I don't think the voters wanted to punish Goracke for getting hurt. I rewatched the championship game and he played less than half the game. He was out with foul trouble in the first half and was injured very early in the second half and never returned. He was absolutely essential in our win over Weber so that is probably what pushed him onto the All-tournament team. I think you could make a case for both Turner and Olmstead. Olmstead impact in the Championship was huge.
Also, I'm pretty sure they vote on the all-tournament teams while the championship game is still ongoing so that they've got the announcement ready to go immediately once the game ends. Based on the championship game alone Olmsted should have been on there, but he only scored 2 and 4 points respectively in MSU's first two games which would have hurt his chances significantly. If I were voting I'd likely have chosen Lecholat over Goracke, but either were definitely worthy to be there.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:05 am

I think there are still a number of teams playing for automatic bids that would land in the first four if they win their conference tourney. The MEAC and SWAC are both leagues with sub-500 teams still playing.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:42 pm

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:48 pm

cat-o-nine wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:53 am
So, what's the deal with the Big Sky Conference not updating the online bracket? I mean, overall their website leaves a ton to be desired, but is this really too difficult for them? I keep going back to the website thinking that surely they will update it at some point, but nope. Or am I just not going to the right site?

https://bigskyconf.com/documents/2024/3 ... df?id=8334
It’s not just you. Make sure you tell your browser to refresh the page. Beyond that, it’s a problem. I complained to the Big Sky Office during the tournament one or two years ago. They told me something else (I don’t remember) was getting updated, but the original brackets — nope. I think they only did it after the tournament ended. Frustrating.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:55 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:05 am
I think there are still a number of teams playing for automatic bids that would land in the first four if they win their conference tourney. The MEAC and SWAC are both leagues with sub-500 teams still playing.
Interestingly, one of them is the Stetson Hatters. How cool would it be to play them in football and basketball in the same season? Who woulda thunk it? I think it would add a little interest to our game, as opposed to drawing someone with no connection at all.

HighPlainsBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HighPlainsBobcat » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:14 pm

Rewatching the games and thought to post these for posterity sake!!

GoCatsGo