2024 Big Sky Tournament — WBB

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2024 Big Sky Tournament — WBB

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:57 pm

EWU over NAU. 73-64

EWU Only shot 37% from field to 43% by NAU. And were outrebounded by NAU by 3. Don’t have stat sheet but TO in second half looked to be difference.

rfischer94
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by rfischer94 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:59 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:55 pm
EWU about to win this. Not gonna lie-I'm not unhappy about this result.
EWU approached this like a marathon. NAU treated it like a sprint. NAU's 1st quarter outburst felt like a sugar high that would be followed by a crash, which was exactly what happened. Defense wins championships.

rfischer94

Post by rfischer94 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:05 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:57 pm
EWU over NAU. 73-64

EWU Only shot 37% from field to 43% by NAU. And were outrebounded by NAU by 3. Don’t have stat sheet but TO in second half looked to be difference.
What kind of draw do you think the Eagles will get in the Big dance. It would be great to see a Big Sky team win a game in the tourney!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:48 pm

rfischer94 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:05 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
EWU over NAU. 73-64

What kind of draw do you think the Eagles will get in the Big dance. It would be great to see a Big Sky team win a game in the tourney!
In the current ESPN bracket projection EWU is a 13 seed playing Colorado in the first round.

WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:27 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:48 pm
rfischer94 wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
EWU over NAU. 73-64

In the current ESPN bracket projection EWU is a 13 seed playing Colorado in the first round.
Wish them luck.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:14 pm

rfischer94 wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
EWU over NAU. 73-64

It’s so hard to do in the wbb tournament. They just don’t have the parity yet.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

rfischer94

Post by rfischer94 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:56 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:14 pm
rfischer94 wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
EWU over NAU. 73-64

It does seem like the women's game is very top heavy; e.g. Connecticut's long runs of undefeated seasons. What factors contribute to that?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:58 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
rfischer94 wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
EWU over NAU. 73-64

And it helps a lot when the Top 16 seeded teams get to play the first two rounds on their home court unlike the men's tourney where every game is at a neutral site.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:56 am

WyomingGrizFan wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:35 pm
Talk about 'delusions of grandeur.'
Don't you just hate autocorrect features? It makes you have to proofread... which is perhaps a good practice.

I'm sure you really meant something like "delight"... such as in "I delight in your optimism". So much kinder and more positive...correct? But then the autocorrect caused you to live with "delusion" in your haste. A good lesson for youngsters to learn.... don't make haste in giving a good complement to a worthy person. Take your time and be sure they understand it and how it is important to you to recognize them appropriately.

Because if you really meant to say "I delight in your optimism"... well I say thank you! That's very nice. Because we can both be proud and delighted in making it to the semi-finals in WBB.... and then....well then... I "delight" in the fact the Bobcats actually did win on the men's side against a worthy opponent.

Now if you really did mean "delusion".... then take two aspirins, have a hot toddy, get your rest and if still feeling poorly in the morning get into the doctor because "delusions" can be caused by other serious factors.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:47 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:56 am
WyomingGrizFan wrote:
Don't you just hate autocorrect features? It makes you have to proofread... which is perhaps a good practice.

I'm sure you really meant something like "delight"... such as in "I delight in your optimism". So much kinder and more positive...correct? But then the autocorrect caused you to live with "delusion" in your haste. A good lesson for youngsters to learn.... don't make haste in giving a good complement to a worthy person. Take your time and be sure they understand it and how it is important to you to recognize them appropriately.

Because if you really meant to say "I delight in your optimism"... well I say thank you! That's very nice. Because we can both be proud and delighted in making it to the semi-finals in WBB.... and then....well then... I "delight" in the fact the Bobcats actually did win on the men's side against a worthy opponent.

Now if you really did mean "delusion".... then take two aspirins, have a hot toddy, get your rest and if still feeling poorly in the morning get into the doctor because "delusions" can be caused by other serious factors.
=D^ =D^

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:59 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:56 am
WyomingGrizFan wrote:

Thank you, @BobcatDel. That was a great response. I was still a little bit grumpy to be that nice, and I’m one of the least grumpy people around. Our two teams went 4-1, and that’s not bad. And I truly meant that the WBB team had a shot, because only UM and EWU were likely to be on their menu (after UNC), and they had already defeated them once each. They are as classy as any program, anywhere, and I can’t wait for next year. Go, ‘Cats! 💙💛😺

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:07 pm

rfischer94 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:56 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
rfischer94 wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
EWU over NAU. 73-64

It does seem like the women's game is very top heavy; e.g. Connecticut's long runs of undefeated seasons. What factors contribute to that?
The best basketball players are usually taller than average, and very athletic and fast for their size. There are fewer WBB players like that and therefore fewer teams at the top of the pyramid. Caitlyn Clark is setting a standard for “average” size players. The Bobcat’s have 10 players as tall or taller than Clark. Hopefully a new legion of six footers are out in their driveways, dribbling in the dark, and playing with their brothers and getting ready to shift the landscape. Our own Katelynn is a pretty good example of tall and mobile. I’d love to see her come back.

rfischer94

Post by rfischer94 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:20 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:07 pm
rfischer94 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:56 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
rfischer94 wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
EWU over NAU. 73-64

The best basketball players are usually taller than average, and very athletic and fast for their size. There are fewer WBB players like that and therefore fewer teams at the top of the pyramid. Caitlyn Clark is setting a standard for “average” size players. The Bobcat’s have 10 players as tall or taller than Clark. Hopefully a new legion of six footers are out in their driveways, dribbling in the dark, and playing with their brothers and getting ready to shift the landscape. Our own Katelynn is a pretty good example of tall and mobile. I’d love to see her come back.
That makes sense. Thanks for the insight!