Big Sky Seating Question

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Big Sky Seating Question

Post by SACCAT » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:01 pm

So, I am spoiled normally. Is there a section that Cat fans will be in at Big Sky Tourney? Trying to get tickets for my folks.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Big Sky Seating Question

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:38 pm

Call the Idaho Central Arena to check.

I’ve had reserved seats behind the scorers tables because you never had to move for any sessions. sat in same seats throughout tourney.

But this year I just did GA, as teams from previous games clear out you can get good seats. Also balcony has good seats. The only challenge with GA is on Championship night…it does get fairly full seats for that but still good seats.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:51 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:38 pm

I’ve had reserved seats behind the scorers tables because you never had to move for any sessions. sat in same seats throughout tourney.

But this year I just did GA, as teams from previous games clear out you can get good seats. Also balcony has good seats. The only challenge with GA is on Championship night…it does get fairly full seats for that but still good seats.
I love that arena. In the tourneys I've gone to, we always had general admission and migrated around. We were in the lower level seats opposite the team benches for the men's championship last year. I love sitting in the upper level for games not involving the Bobcats. It's pretty chill up there and the site lines are awesome. If you do have general admission you might get moved if you try to sit behind the team benches on the lower level.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:25 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:51 pm
BobcatDel wrote:

I love that arena. In the tourneys I've gone to, we always had general admission and migrated around. We were in the lower level seats opposite the team benches for the men's championship last year. I love sitting in the upper level for games not involving the Bobcats. It's pretty chill up there and the site lines are awesome. If you do have general admission you might get moved if you try to sit behind the team benches on the lower level.
So here's the thing... General Admission seems to be sold out. There is nowhere I can find to purchase just GA, only reserved seats. I don't need tickets (because I am spoiled) BUT I want to make sure that my parents are good to go.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:37 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:25 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:

So here's the thing... General Admission seems to be sold out. There is nowhere I can find to purchase just GA, only reserved seats. I don't need tickets (because I am spoiled) BUT I want to make sure that my parents are good to go.
I think I did have an all session pass that had assigned seats in the lower level in a corner, but we never set in them. Always plenty of room to move around. If it were me I'd get the cheapest all session reserved seat and go with that. Or get tickets at the window. I doubt it'd sell out ever. The Bobcat fans just kinda grouped together and it worked out fine.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:31 am

SACCAT wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:

Did you call Idaho Central Arena and they said they are sold out? I’ve been there 5 years and never ever has been sold out….even on championship nights! It isn’t even close to being sold out on any given night. People can buy tickets at the door. I can understand reserved seating being sold out.

This would be a new one on me…not having GA tickets.

4Mare
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 4Mare » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:29 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:31 am
SACCAT wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:

Did you call Idaho Central Arena and they said they are sold out? I’ve been there 5 years and never ever has been sold out….even on championship nights! It isn’t even close to being sold out on any given night. People can buy tickets at the door. I can understand reserved seating being sold out.

This would be a new one on me…not having GA tickets.
Emailed Idaho Central Arena:

How do I purchase General Admission tickets?
They are not available on this website. General Admission tickets are only for students and they are not for sale to the general public.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:33 am

If you look at the seating diagram on the ticketing website, the "General Admission" sections are the ones located directly behind and opposite the two team benches. It almost looks like they've designed the ticketing system to have you just buy a reserved ticket anywhere, but then be able to move around if you want and sit nearer to your own team's bench in one of the GA sections without needing to worry about taking someone else's reserved seat.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:13 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:33 am
If you look at the seating diagram on the ticketing website, the "General Admission" sections are the ones located directly behind and opposite the two team benches. It almost looks like they've designed the ticketing system to have you just buy a reserved ticket anywhere, but then be able to move around if you want and sit nearer to your own team's bench in one of the GA sections without needing to worry about taking someone else's reserved seat.
That is what I was thinking, but it isn't very clear. I will probably just get 2 reserved seats for my folks when I get there. Thanks for all the help everyone... I need all I can get.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:32 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:13 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:33 am
That is what I was thinking, but it isn't very clear. I will probably just get 2 reserved seats for my folks when I get there. Thanks for all the help everyone... I need all I can get.
Bummer…. I do have GA tickets which I bought through MSU ticket office. So I called them this morning and you can no longer go through them and referred me to Idaho Central Arena.

And I looked at arena as you are obviously doing. If you get the front row seats in the balcony sections 202, 203, 204 as close to the center court as you can get…these are great seats! But you sure are paying more for those seats…$20 per ticket per session. Uuuugh!

I know your folks won’t want to do this but we have been highly successful getting free tickets from fans of teams as they lose out. Just don’t be afraid to ask but that might not be their style to beg free ones off folks.

And as others have noted, if they get in they can move into Bobcat section or sit behind bench most games.