MBB vs. PSU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: MBB vs. PSU

Post by HelenaCat » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:05 am

Anyone know what has happened to Robert Ford? He was wearing a flak jacket type thing under his uniform and was really hurting late in the game. Looks like almost a broken rib, but not sure if someone could really play with one of those. He seemed to run ok late in the game, but really looked sore when he raised his arms over his head. I think this is why he missed a few free throws late in the game.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:30 am

SAM IS THE MAN. He deserves to be a starter after his last 4 games. If ya remember he was crucial in the weber game too. He just needs more minutes I believe.

4KornerKat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 4KornerKat » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:42 am

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:30 am
SAM IS THE MAN. He deserves to be a starter after his last 4 games. If ya remember he was crucial in the weber game too. He just needs more minutes I believe.
If I remember right, Sam did start a game or two at the beginning of the year, and maybe struggled a bit with confidence.
I actually like the way he brings energy into the game coming off the bench, and I really wish everyone played with the effort he does. Goracke will break his scoring funk at some point, but need Sam to put in a solid 20-25 minutes each game.
It's also incredibly how everyone on the floor seems to rebound better when he's in the game, I think that effort is contagious.

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:56 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:05 am
Anyone know what has happened to Robert Ford? He was wearing a flak jacket type thing under his uniform and was really hurting late in the game. Looks like almost a broken rib, but not sure if someone could really play with one of those. He seemed to run ok late in the game, but really looked sore when he raised his arms over his head. I think this is why he missed a few free throws late in the game.
He’s worn that for most of the year and I believe he wore it last year as well. Guys will wear padding like this or even a football style girdle with hip, thigh, and tailbone pads to help break falls, etc. Still though, Rob looks like he’s come across the middle on 2 or 3 too many slant routes and gotten blown up by a Troy Anderson type rather than dribbling a basketball. Definitely a physical brand of ball he plays

SCVBobcat
New Recruit

Post by SCVBobcat » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:10 pm

Lecholat I guess is only 1 inch taller but plays like he's 4 inches taller than Goracke and shoots better lately to boot. Sam has earned a starting spot. Not even close over the past several games...

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:34 am

SCVBobcat wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:10 pm
Lecholat I guess is only 1 inch taller but plays like he's 4 inches taller than Goracke and shoots better lately to boot. Sam has earned a starting spot. Not even close over the past several games...

Agreed. It’s honestly not even a discussion or debate at this point.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

HighPlainsBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HighPlainsBobcat » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:19 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:34 am
SCVBobcat wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:10 pm

Agreed. It’s honestly not even a discussion or debate at this point.

At this point of the season, we should trust the coaches. #25 is going to get his minutes regardless if he starts. He’s proven to valuable to leave on the bench! It’s debatable that he has the offensive output potential BG has. What isn’t up for debate is all the “extras” Sam offers. Between playing pos’s 3-5, he combines all of the assets needed to play and excel all 3 positions.

Why doesn’t he score more? He’s looking for the “better” shot w/ an extra pass. Why doesn’t he rebound more? He’s clearing out the lane for someone else to snag a board. The guy “is a dawg” as they say!

He’s earning everything he getting! 😤

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:07 pm

Desert_Bobcat wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:56 pm
HelenaCat wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:05 am
He’s worn that for most of the year and I believe he wore it last year as well. Guys will wear padding like this or even a football style girdle with hip, thigh, and tailbone pads to help break falls, etc. Still though, Rob looks like he’s come across the middle on 2 or 3 too many slant routes and gotten blown up by a Troy Anderson type rather than dribbling a basketball. Definitely a physical brand of ball he plays
On TV I’ve noticed Mr. Ford holding his hands against his lower rib cage on the right side, while looking pretty uncomfortable. For sure he’s playing through something that’s more than a bump or a bruise.

As for rebounding, announcers have said that among players 6’2” and shorter that he is #1 in the nation. He’s way up there in steals as well. He really came on at the end of last year and has just gotten better this year. Fun to watch.