Tonight's game vs. Rocky Mountain College

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Tonight's game vs. Rocky Mountain College

Post by aucat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:42 pm

Yep, we went from the Penhouse to the Outhouse in one year. At the end of last season Montana State was projected to not only win the Big Sky this year, but we had a pretty high projected seed in the NCAAs. Then the bottom fell out. As has been stated, not Logie's fault. It's just that the building has collapsed and he has to rebuild it. I was at least looking for forward to a decent year from the women but today we hear that Lexi Deden is out for the season. That's a huge loss. Gonna be a tough year for MSU hoops. Maybe the football team will wake up and win a few.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:45 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:31 pm
CNC_Cat wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:21 pm
Uggg this team is not good. Maybe if we played an all NAIA schedule we could finish with a winning record.

Just heartbreaking how good the team was going to be before Sprinkle left and now we have this instead. Not Logie’s fault just not the talent on the court that we have had.
Yup…. Hate to harp on it…. But it makes me want to puke knowing how good this team would have been this year…. And what we now have after sprinkle left.

So frustrating.
I hope Danny donates a bunch of money back to his old school with his mega huge income because he really f'd this program. I know it wasn't intentional, but he really buried us-probably for quite a while.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:47 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:45 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
CNC_Cat wrote:
Uggg this team is not good. Maybe if we played an all NAIA schedule we could finish with a winning record.

Just heartbreaking how good the team was going to be before Sprinkle left and now we have this instead. Not Logie’s fault just not the talent on the court that we have had.
Yup…. Hate to harp on it…. But it makes me want to puke knowing how good this team would have been this year…. And what we now have after sprinkle left.

So frustrating.
I hope Danny donates a bunch of money back to his old school with his mega huge income because he really f'd this program. I know it wasn't intentional, but he really buried us-probably for quite a while.
He unintentionally accepted all the transfers from MSU???

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:49 pm

catscat wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:47 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
CNC_Cat wrote:

So frustrating.
He unintentionally accepted all the transfers from MSU???
I'm trying not to be bitter. I'm losing that battle.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:50 pm

It may not be Logie's fault at the moment...but if they don't start playing like they know how do do something besides. "Chuck it up from 3" it may look more like coaching is a factor.

2024 Resume dominance

CNC_Cat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by CNC_Cat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:50 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
CNC_Cat wrote:

It feels like it is impossible to break through the glass ceiling at this level of basketball. As soon as you have any success you just get stripped to the bone by a

So frustrating.
It just feels impossible to break through the “glass ceiling” at this level of basketball. As soon as you have any success the vultures a bit higher on the food chain just swoop in an pick you clean. It’s so frustrating! We have to move up in football to get out of this cycle I think

HighPlainsBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HighPlainsBobcat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:53 pm

I get that the non-conference isn’t “that big” of a deal, but WTAF just happened?! I also get Rocky is nationally ranked but dayum. We took ourselves to the woodshed.

Emotionally charged rant over

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:53 pm

Well, I hope this is the low point of the Logie era.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:55 pm

Lol

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

HighPlainsBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by HighPlainsBobcat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:58 pm

Tough one to take on the chin. Some soul searching is required.
Last edited by HighPlainsBobcat on Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:01 pm

It is a battle to develop players no-one wants out of highschool, and those given up on by the big boys.
Unless you have the money to pay these guys, they are not going to stick around very long if you can get them for a first year.
I think the last 2 years are the last golden years we will see here until the NCAA makes some changes in their "free agent" policy.

2024 Resume dominance

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:03 pm

Rocky just gave Logie golden film to study for the rest of the year. The way Rocky plays is exactly how this MSU squad needs to play the rest of the year. Shoot high quality shots, REBOUND the ball, and hard nosed defense. Getting out rebounded by 12 is embarrassing enough but when you get out rebounded by an undersized NAIA school the players and coaches need to do some soul searching.
The way the Cats are playing right now, they get blown out by 40 to Weber

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:09 pm

The NBA doesn't sign their whole team to one year contracts. If these kids want total freedom it could be more lucrative than the NBA! Play for whoever pays more. The only restriction is what Raquan Battle has run into. But , hey he makes more than me and he's a college student!

I think players ought to at least sign contracts for at least two years so coaches can plan replacement of players that may leave.

2024 Resume dominance

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:14 pm

TheBigCat wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:38 pm
Rocky looks just as good if not better , this game should not even be close, which is pathetic!
And to think some of the guys for Rocky were not even looked at by the bobcats. Including (The the Montana kids)
Logie - put your bench in and maybe you can keep up with Rocky, who’s players were not considered by your program because they were good enough to play for you
Montana kids are good enough to play at this level, and if your gonna lose , do it with Montana kids on the floor. smh
Which kids, playing for Rocky were not offered by the Cats, while Logie was coach?

Sports is not bigger than life

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:19 pm

Well, that was interesting.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

TheBigCat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by TheBigCat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:22 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:24 pm
TheBigCat wrote:
Rocky looks just as good if not better , this game should not even be close, which is pathetic!
And to think some of the guys for Rocky were not even looked at by the bobcats. Including (The the Montana kids)
Logie - put your bench in and maybe you can keep up with Rocky, who’s players were not considered by your program because they were good enough to play for you
Montana kids are good enough to play at this level, and if your gonna lose , do it with Montana kids on the floor. smh
There are three Montana players that have been in and one starts. It would be immediate terms for dismissal if a coach at UM or MSU tried to build a team of all Montana players or even a core group. Even if there was only one D1 school here it would be a train wreck.
3 for Rocky how many other of our kids are not getting recruited by MSU or UM?? Answer is 10-12 at least with skills that can play.

Desert_Bobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Desert_Bobcat » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:31 pm

TheBigCat wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:22 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
TheBigCat wrote:
There are three Montana players that have been in and one starts. It would be immediate terms for dismissal if a coach at UM or MSU tried to build a team of all Montana players or even a core group. Even if there was only one D1 school here it would be a train wreck.
3 for Rocky how many other of our kids are not getting recruited by MSU or UM?? Answer is 10-12 at least with skills that can play.
There are maybe 10-20 MT high school kids who can play college basketball in some capacity (NAIA, Low D1, D2, JuCo). If you think there are 12 kids in MT right now who could be starters for MSU or Griz AND be competitive in the BigSky you’re out of your mind.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:34 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
TheBigCat wrote:
My nephew dominated the AA tournament and first-team All-State this last Spring as a 6’3” forward including a 26 point/17 rebound game in a loser-out Saturday morning game and he is not a D1 player based on height alone. May play both hoops and football at Tech though, football for sure. Montana just does not produce many D1 basketball players and there is nothing wrong with it. Coaches at UM and MSU are t missing in-state players. If they are at all a D1 player they get offers because they are cheaper scholarships. You’re correct Tom. This is not a bias against similar players on rosters. Both Logie and DeCuire would love many more D1 MT players for attendance alone, but the out-of-state guys are just better.
Last edited by PapaG on Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:35 pm

TheBigCat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
TheBigCat wrote:
To be sure I understand…are you saying there are 10-12 Montana kids capable of playing D1 basketball? Is that just men or men and women? Which 10-12 kids are you thinking can make it at UM or MSU? I was thinking more like maybe 3 to 4 a year.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:38 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:35 pm
TheBigCat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
TheBigCat wrote:
To be sure I understand…are you saying there are 10-12 Montana kids capable of playing D1 basketball? Is that just men or men and women? Which 10-12 kids are you thinking can make it at UM or MSU? I was thinking more like maybe 3 to 4 a year.
I think it’s lower than that unless you’re including end of bench players.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride