Raequan Battle

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Raequan Battle

Post by MSU01 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:03 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:05 pm
RaeQuan wrote what I would expect him to write. I have no problem with him moving on. However, I suspect there was more to his decision to move to West Virginia than what he put down on this post.
I certainly can't $ee any additional rea$on$ other than mental health why RaeQuan would have made the deci$ion to tran$fer.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:10 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:03 pm
AFCAT wrote:
RaeQuan wrote what I would expect him to write. I have no problem with him moving on. However, I suspect there was more to his decision to move to West Virginia than what he put down on this post.
I certainly can't $ee any additional rea$on$ other than mental health why RaeQuan would have made the deci$ion to tran$fer.
Yup, and I have no problem with that at all, he just doesn't need to give us all this other stuff. It sucks he wasn't able to play this year, but he will probably make up for it with more NIL money next year. A nice bright side.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:36 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:10 pm
MSU01 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
Yup, and I have no problem with that at all, he just doesn't need to give us all this other stuff. It sucks he wasn't able to play this year, but he will probably make up for it with more NIL money next year. A nice bright side.
No problem here either. I wish him the best but am not fully anti-NCAA on this one when he knew the rules when he decided to transfer before graduating. He gave multiple media interviews last year that paint a very different story about his time in Bozeman than what's included in this statement.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:06 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:36 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:10 pm
MSU01 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
No problem here either. I wish him the best but am not fully anti-NCAA on this one when he knew the rules when he decided to transfer before graduating. He gave multiple media interviews last year that paint a very different story about his time in Bozeman than what's included in this statement.
I totally agree with you. I felt like the "staying at MSU felt impossible" part of his statement was poorly worded and a bit ridiculous. He has family in Montana, MSU supports Native Americans in a big way that I'm sure West Virginia does not, and his mother and home are a quick flight away.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:51 pm

After reading that word salad full of mental instability and victimhood I'm not disappointed that his waiver was denied.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:41 pm

I don't know what to think about this but reading about RaeQuan's issues makes me realize similar things could be going on in the personal life of any student-athlete. Kids often have anxieties, problems, fears, and weaknesses. As we sit here and pontificate about games and the athletes that play them we should always remember that.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:54 pm

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:11 pm

Looks like a federal judge granted RaeQuan Battle's transfer waiver.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:28 pm

WVU has 3 games scheduled in that 14 day temporary restraining order. I can only imagine how fired up RaeQuan will be and play in those games. With how talented he is and how he plays with such emotion and intensity those games could be other worldly performances as long as the situation isn't too overwhelming for him to focus. Hopefully he doesn't get another gut punch when the TRO runs out.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Lvd
New Recruit

Post by Lvd » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:11 pm

Gut punched, You're joking, correct? Since when does battle receive 1 set of rules and everyone else have another. He was allowed 1 transfer which he received, could of had another if he would have graduated, he didn't. We are a country of rules and laws, follow them.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:25 am

“I’m not going to get what I signed for”

I think we all knew that’s what this was really all about.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:58 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:28 pm
WVU has 3 games scheduled in that 14 day temporary restraining order. I can only imagine how fired up RaeQuan will be and play in those games. With how talented he is and how he plays with such emotion and intensity those games could be other worldly performances as long as the situation isn't too overwhelming for him to focus. Hopefully he doesn't get another gut punch when the TRO runs out.
Is he going to trade 3 games for a whole season? Didn't they say anyone who plays in the window will lose eligibility?

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:59 am

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:51 pm
After reading that word salad full of mental instability and victimhood I'm not disappointed that his waiver was denied.
Mr Battle has been given the go-ahead to play this year for WVU. I am extremely happy for him! A great player and a better individual! Once a Bobcat always a Bobcat!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:40 am

So did RaeQuan not play this weekend?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:34 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:40 am
Nope, he sat out due to flu-like symptoms according to the WVU coach.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:19 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:34 am
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:40 am
Nope, he sat out due to flu-like symptoms according to the WVU coach.
what a waste.

Clinton T
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Clinton T » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:25 pm

mslacat wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:59 am
coloradocat wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:51 pm
Mr Battle has been given the go-ahead to play this year for WVU. I am extremely happy for him! A great player and a better individual! Once a Bobcat always a Bobcat!
Agreed! I hope he balls out and puts himself in a position to make some money playing the game he loves after this year!

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:24 am

Ray had a great night. If he could have made that last one would have made headlines

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:39 am

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:24 am
Ray had a great night. If he could have made that last one would have made headlines
They lost to "Radford"?! Who the heck is Radford?

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:14 pm

Nobody. WVU has some serious issues with injuries and the 2nd transfer.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."