SOTW

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Re: SOTW

Post by nevadacat » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:33 pm

bandcat24 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:34 am
I am the clarinet player that went to Boise. I browse this board occasionally and this thread prompted me to make an account here. I would like to extend a massive thank you for all of the fan support we received while at the tournament. There were at least a half dozen people who came up to me on Wednesday and thanked me for what SOTW was doing in terms of bringing energy at the games. We just finalized our roster for March Madness and are looking forward to supporting the team wherever they end up going.
I couldn’t carry a tune if you put it in a suitcase for me. Nevertheless, I appreciate good music — especially from school bands. One of my favorite things about high school and college sports is the bands. The energy generated by the Spirit of the West, and you in particular, is what makes games special. Keep up the good work.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:09 pm

bandcat24 wrote:
I am the clarinet player that went to Boise. I browse this board occasionally and this thread prompted me to make an account here. I would like to extend a massive thank you for all of the fan support we received while at the tournament. There were at least a half dozen people who came up to me on Wednesday and thanked me for what SOTW was doing in terms of bringing energy at the games. We just finalized our roster for March Madness and are looking forward to supporting the team wherever they end up going.
Hey, thanks for signing up and posting! Please don’t let this be your first and last. As you’ll know from browsing this board, those of us who aren’t at an event really like having some first person reports. I’d love to read about your upcoming NCAA Tournament experiences.

bandcat24
New Recruit

Post by bandcat24 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:17 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:09 pm
bandcat24 wrote:
Hey, thanks for signing up and posting! Please don’t let this be your first and last. As you’ll know from browsing this board, those of us who aren’t at an event really like having some first person reports. I’d love to read about your upcoming NCAA Tournament experiences.
I'll see what I can do in terms of updates. From what I understand so far, the charter plane with the team, staff, band, and spirit squad will be leaving on tuesday or wednesday morning. We probably won't really know a whole lot until after the selection show.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:04 am

bandcat24 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:17 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:09 pm
bandcat24 wrote:
I'll see what I can do in terms of updates. From what I understand so far, the charter plane with the team, staff, band, and spirit squad will be leaving on tuesday or wednesday morning. We probably won't really know a whole lot until after the selection show.
Pass along a thank you to the band and cheer squad Bandcat! I was a member of the pep and marching band in high school and realize how much work is put in. Many thanks to you and the band/cheer team!

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:51 pm

Best in the Big Sky for sure!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:54 pm

bandcat24 wrote:
That's awesome. I also really appreciated the band that came to the fire-ups every day.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz