Teagan Erickson

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Teagan Erickson

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:39 pm

I heard she committed to MSU. She’s a junior for Class C North Country (Hinsdale, Saco, Whitewater). She’s 6-2 and could dunk when she was a freshman.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Re: Teagan Erickson

Post by Rich K » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:43 pm

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:57 pm

Dang she looks like an absolute athlete!

https://twitter.com/WylieTom/status/148 ... xgT4hPffCA

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:32 pm

I was hoping Tricia was all over her!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:29 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:57 pm
Dang she looks like an absolute athlete!

https://twitter.com/WylieTom/status/148 ... xgT4hPffCA
Goodness

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:35 am

Has her commitment to the Cats been confirmed anywhere? Her team plays tomorrow night in the opening round of the class C state tournament.

Also, tomorrow night, Taylee Chirrick of Roberts HS (via Billings West) takes on Manhattan Christian. The junior Chirrick has been lighting up the southern C leagues since she transferred to Roberts. Her social media has pictures of herself, her family, and with Binford in a Bobcat uniform in what appears to be a recruiting visit from last fall.

It would be sweet to get commitments from these two Montana girls. I must think about the future to help get over the sting of how the season ended.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:16 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:35 am
Has her commitment to the Cats been confirmed anywhere? Her team plays tomorrow night in the opening round of the class C state tournament.

Also, tomorrow night, Taylee Chirrick of Roberts HS (via Billings West) takes on Manhattan Christian. The junior Chirrick has been lighting up the southern C leagues since she transferred to Roberts. Her social media has pictures of herself, her family, and with Binford in a Bobcat uniform in what appears to be a recruiting visit from last fall.

It would be sweet to get commitments from these two Montana girls. I must think about the future to help get over the sting of how the season ended.
This would be a really nice antidote to the sting.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:58 pm

I know with all the goings-on over the hill there is zero chance, if I had school aged children, that I would ever want them there.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:15 am

Paige Wasson from SWH is good, too. She was something like 10-11 (3-4 3s) and 23 points tonight vs Chinook. I think she’s 6-0. Erickson had 15. They play Manhattan Christian next. Roy-Winifred plays Twin Bridges in the other semifinal.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

cat-o-nine
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by cat-o-nine » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:43 am

We went to the Class C State Tournament yesterday afternoon. The three girls already addressed in this thread really stood out to me. We didn't get there in time to watch Twin Bridges, so I may have missed seeing some talent there.
- Taylee Chirrick, 5'10", from Roberts was fun to watch. High-rev motor, and great court awareness. They lost in the closing seconds to Manhattan-Christian who has several 6 foot-plus girls, but she was the primary reason that Roberts kept it close. Shoots a nice 3 ball and plays great defense. She looks like she would be a great addition to the Lady Cats team if she is so inclined.
- Teagen Erickson, S-W-H, definitely fits to mold of the type of player MSU has recruited and brought to Bozeman in the past. Very athletic for a 6'2" player, let alone a high school Junior.
- Paige Wassan, 5'11", also S-W-H, may have been the most impressive. She looks like a college level player right now amongst high schoolers. Knocked down several 3's, cleaned up several missed shots by teammates in the lane, and plays outstanding defense. I believe someone told me she and Teagen are cousins. Can't imagine that she is not already on Tricia's radar.
Maybe the thing that is most amazing about all three of these girls is they are all three still Juniors. Next year will be another opportunity to watch and evaluate them. Seeing them play against tougher competition will be a better test of their abilities. The other amazing thing is that this is Class C ball. Any one of these three would start and probably excel at the AA level. All three of them are better than any player I have seen in Class A.
Another player of note was Isabelle Heggem, 6'4" from Roy-Winifred. She wasn't the flashiest player on the court, but her size and skills made it very difficult for the opposing players to do anything in the lane. She is also a Junior and another year to develop will definitely give her a chance to improve her game.

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:18 pm

cat-o-nine wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:43 am
We went to the Class C State Tournament yesterday afternoon. The three girls already addressed in this thread really stood out to me. We didn't get there in time to watch Twin Bridges, so I may have missed seeing some talent there.
- Taylee Chirrick, 5'10", from Roberts was fun to watch. High-rev motor, and great court awareness. They lost in the closing seconds to Manhattan-Christian who has several 6 foot-plus girls, but she was the primary reason that Roberts kept it close. Shoots a nice 3 ball and plays great defense. She looks like she would be a great addition to the Lady Cats team if she is so inclined.
- Teagen Erickson, S-W-H, definitely fits to mold of the type of player MSU has recruited and brought to Bozeman in the past. Very athletic for a 6'2" player, let alone a high school Junior.
- Paige Wassan, 5'11", also S-W-H, may have been the most impressive. She looks like a college level player right now amongst high schoolers. Knocked down several 3's, cleaned up several missed shots by teammates in the lane, and plays outstanding defense. I believe someone told me she and Teagen are cousins. Can't imagine that she is not already on Tricia's radar.
Maybe the thing that is most amazing about all three of these girls is they are all three still Juniors. Next year will be another opportunity to watch and evaluate them. Seeing them play against tougher competition will be a better test of their abilities. The other amazing thing is that this is Class C ball. Any one of these three would start and probably excel at the AA level. All three of them are better than any player I have seen in Class A.
Another player of note was Isabelle Heggem, 6'4" from Roy-Winifred. She wasn't the flashiest player on the court, but her size and skills made it very difficult for the opposing players to do anything in the lane. She is also a Junior and another year to develop will definitely give her a chance to improve her game.
Thanks for your observations. Do note that Chirrick was an all-state AA player as a freshman & sophomore at Billings West. She also stared on a U16 club team last summer that won a national championship. She already has an extremely impressive resume (in other sports too).

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:44 pm

Wasson has the pedigree to be great, both her dad and mom were studs in high school and college. I should know growing up Malta, but I do think Erickson and Wasson are related, but I can’t remember for sure. ](*,)

If your left, you aren’t right.

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:21 am

https://twitter.com/MaliaRuud/status/16 ... 27/photo/1

3 Montana high school girls in this 2023 U17 team pic who would be a dream 2024 recruiting class for the Cats. Teagan Erickson (Saco), Breanna Williams (Billings Skyview), & Taylee Chirrick (Roberts). Did Erickson, in fact, commit to the Cats? Williams would be a long shot as the big schools are after her. It would be a shame if Binford doesn’t offer Chirrick.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:31 am

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

cat-o-nine
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by cat-o-nine » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:20 am

Fantastic to see this commitment confirmed! The Lady Cats are going to be stacked in the coming years with this class of recruits.
Should be really fun to watch!

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:15 am

I saw Teagan at a summer tournament at MSUB a few weeks ago. She was wearing a Bobcat sweatshirt and I told her she looked good in it (at that point I did not know she had committed). She smiled and thanked me. Seems like an awfully nice kid. I love Coach Bin and the MSU women's team and throw a little money their way every year. I became a big fan watching Payton Ferris a few years ago and am thrilled that a bunch of very talented Montana kids are committing. GO CATS!

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:04 pm

I am also very excited to see Teagan’s commitment confirmed. She will be a huge addition to next year’s class.
I hope Teagan has a great senior season and another state championship.