BSC Basketball Tourney

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat Jim
BobcatNation Letterman

BSC Basketball Tourney

Post by Bobcat Jim » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:58 am

We plan on going to the BSC Tournament in Boise. Does anyone know what hotel the teams will be staying in? TIA

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: BSC Basketball Tourney

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:23 pm

Bobcat Jim wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:58 am
We plan on going to the BSC Tournament in Boise. Does anyone know what hotel the teams will be staying in? TIA
There's a hotel basically attached to the arena....The Grove, I think.

Last year I found a last minute good deal at Hotel 43, which is a decent spot only a block or so away.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:07 pm

We stayed at Home2Suites about a block and half away. Easy walking distance to BB venue and Bobcat tailgate spot. But boy they have jacked up the rates this year compared to last from what I saw.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:39 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:07 pm
We stayed at Home2Suites about a block and half away. Easy walking distance to BB venue and Bobcat tailgate spot. But boy they have jacked up the rates this year compared to last from what I saw.
Probably not just them. We took a long road trip to a wedding at the end of June this year, and the prices were pretty shocking. A shortage of rooms was not the issue — I easily booked into decent places (like newer Holiday Inn Express, Fairfield by Marriott, Comfort Inn & Suites) along major routes like I-15, I-80 and I-94 and when we arrived they were never really busy. Of course when rates go up, the taxes multiply also. I was buying two rooms and a total of around $350 was absolutely low end, with $500 in play a few times. I think the highest I paid was at the Sleep Inn in Miles City for two nights. So I would expect high rates everywhere, and special events over the moon.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:11 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:39 am
BobcatDel wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:07 pm
Probably not just them. We took a long road trip to a wedding at the end of June this year, and the prices were pretty shocking. A shortage of rooms was not the issue — I easily booked into decent places (like newer Holiday Inn Express, Fairfield by Marriott, Comfort Inn & Suites) along major routes like I-15, I-80 and I-94 and when we arrived they were never really busy. Of course when rates go up, the taxes multiply also. I was buying two rooms and a total of around $350 was absolutely low end, with $500 in play a few times. I think the highest I paid was at the Sleep Inn in Miles City for two nights. So I would expect high rates everywhere, and special events over the moon.
I don't understand the reason motels are so high out there. We stayed in a LaQuinta on the way to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl in Arkansas for $79.00 plus tax and the three nights in New Orleans for $82.00 plus tax. Again, it was a LaQuinta. We've made reservations in Destin for a week in February and it's again $82.00 plus tax at a Wyndham Resort. Of course I get the Veteran's Discount so maybe that explains a bit? All I know for certain is lodging is really high in the Dakotas, Wyoming, Colorado, Montana and Idaho for some reason. Do you belong to Wyndham Rewards? I try to avoid the Mariott Chain anymore.

Now I do have a problem with the R.V. Parks in the Ozarks for the fishing right now plus the boat launch fee is a bit much in my opinion. Especially compared to Flaming Gorge or Big Horn Lake.

bobcatfan15
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bobcatfan15 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:48 am

We ended up going the airbnb route. Ended up being about 80$/night. Which is a steal.

"The season is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes"-Coach Green

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:30 am

bobcatfan15 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:48 am
We ended up going the airbnb route. Ended up being about 80$/night. Which is a steal.
We may have to go back to the BnB or VRBO also at these prices. And other friends have done what you did with the VRBO route and it worked great.

We stayed out of Downtown in years past….. but found we enjoyed staying downtown and within walking distance to everything so last couple years did tHe H2Suites venue I mentioned earlier. It was just so nice to be able to walk over, then go back to hotel for a break (nap for us old folks) between sessions, then head back to evening sessions. I buy an all sessions pass because I like to go to other games besides just the Bobcat games so it sure was convenient. Don’t know what we will do this year…..it’s only money I guess.

Maybe you can comment on parking downtown if you stay out a ways. Basement parking at the BB venue was not pleasant when we went. I’ve heard others say they just parked at the White Dog brewery where the Bobcat tailgate is. Fairly cheap to park all day there and only 3 to 4 block walk over to arena. What did you do that worked best?

bobcatfan15

Post by bobcatfan15 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:58 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:30 am
bobcatfan15 wrote:
We may have to go back to the BnB or VRBO also at these prices. And other friends have done what you did with the VRBO route and it worked great.

We stayed out of Downtown in years past….. but found we enjoyed staying downtown and within walking distance to everything so last couple years did tHe H2Suites venue I mentioned earlier. It was just so nice to be able to walk over, then go back to hotel for a break (nap for us old folks) between sessions, then head back to evening sessions. I buy an all sessions pass because I like to go to other games besides just the Bobcat games so it sure was convenient. Don’t know what we will do this year…..it’s only money I guess.

Maybe you can comment on parking downtown if you stay out a ways. Basement parking at the BB venue was not pleasant when we went. I’ve heard others say they just parked at the White Dog brewery where the Bobcat tailgate is. Fairly cheap to park all day there and only 3 to 4 block walk over to arena. What did you do that worked best?
This is our first year going to the tourney, so I will keep you posted. It is nice to be close to the event. We have two very young children so I like being able to have a separate room for them to sleep 🤷🏼‍♀️. BNB provides that for us…
My cousin went last year and said single ticket purchase might be the route to go. I am tempted to get an all session pass though as well!
Anyone else have insight on this???

"The season is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes"-Coach Green

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:02 pm

bobcatfan15 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:58 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
bobcatfan15 wrote:

This is our first year going to the tourney, so I will keep you posted. It is nice to be close to the event. We have two very young children so I like being able to have a separate room for them to sleep 🤷🏼‍♀️. BNB provides that for us…
My cousin went last year and said single ticket purchase might be the route to go. I am tempted to get an all session pass though as well!
If you have the room, bring their bikes along. Lots of great riding on their river trail system that's right next to downtown, and Boise has some nice weather in March usually. We did the Airbnb thing and I rode my bike to the games-very easy and saved on parking-which as mentioned isn't that big of a deal. I'm just religiously opposed to paying for parking (I'm cheap). Also got the all session pass, but I'm just happy as a clam watching Idaho State play Northern Colorado on a weekday morning game all by myself.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:10 pm

bobcatfan15 wrote:
In terms of buying tickets, it really comes down to how many games you plan to attend. Buying single-session tickets is going to be less expensive overall if you only want to see the MSU games, but the all-session pass is better if you plan to attend even when MSU isn't playing.

bobcatfan15

Post by bobcatfan15 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:39 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:10 pm
bobcatfan15 wrote:
In terms of buying tickets, it really comes down to how many games you plan to attend. Buying single-session tickets is going to be less expensive overall if you only want to see the MSU games, but the all-session pass is better if you plan to attend even when MSU isn't playing.
Thank you! I do enjoy watching potential matchups as well. I am thinking we might do the all session pass as well. Just on the fence I guess. My almost 3 year old might not tolerate watching that much basketball. :?

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:34 am

BobcatDel wrote:
bobcatfan15 wrote:

Watch those additional Air BNB fees (mainly cleaning), the rate looks good until the cleaning fee is literally double the rate.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

bobcatfan15

Post by bobcatfan15 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:27 pm

[/quote]

Watch those additional Air BNB fees (mainly cleaning), the rate looks good until the cleaning fee is literally double the rate.
[/quote]

Yep! This equaled about 80$/night with all of the fees included! \:D/