Lady cats at BYU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Lady cats at BYU

Post by WYCAT » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:33 pm

Anyone else watching the lady cats taking it to BYU? Up 9 mid 4th quarter.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Re: Lady cats at BYU

Post by nevadacat » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:38 pm

Ladies are playing very well! A few more made bunnies and it wouldn’t be a contest. Defense is smothering the Cougs,

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:44 pm

Yeah, the game isn't as close as the score. Lots of easy shots didn't go in or it would be a blowout. Great defense.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:49 pm

Sportsbet Montana had the Cats at 11 pt dogs. Told my wife that's easy $. I need to put my $ where my mouth is.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:50 pm

Final 69-60. Very nice win. Those are the wins that may keep us from being the 16 seed if we make the tournament again.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:53 pm

Not liking the last 3 minutes of the game. Forcing bad shots with 20 seconds left on the shot clock and a silly foul by Kola. We still win because BYU couldn’t capitalize. End of game play needs some tune up. Other than that, a phenomenal performance and a well-played game. Darian had a good game. Beattie and Jackson were key.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:57 pm

A Bobcat team that doesn’t blow their lead! What a great high profile win. I knew we were good but wow!

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:58 pm

Great to get the Dub, but our starters just seem too timid. Beasley stepped on the floor and her confidence was noticeable. I thought by now our starters would’ve figured this out, but it looked like Stanford all over again to start the game! Happy our Bench came in with fire!

84CatGrad
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 84CatGrad » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:58 pm

Great win! Our pressure D is causing problems. Congratulations Bobcats!!!

WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:23 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:58 pm
Great win! Our pressure D is causing problems. Congratulations Bobcats!!!
Ditto! \:D/ Great game there in your big win over BYU even on their own court, lil' darlins.'

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:16 pm

Wow, that's awesome! BYU had a 30 game home win streak. No 16 seed this year if they keep this up, it's only one game but what a difference from last year's non-conference disaster.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:09 am

WYCAT wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:33 pm
Anyone else watching the lady cats taking it to BYU? Up 9 mid 4th quarter.
Yep, we watched every minute of it. Turnovers. We forced 17, only made 5. Those extra possessions were the game winner. Only 1 turnover from our “bench”. 1. That is a good measure of our depth. We had nine players score. BYU had only 7, including only 3 of their starters. Our offense was running like the proverbial well-oiled machine with sand in the crankcase — last 2:30 was cringey. But the defense was well ahead of the offense. We won, because for once in Provo we were the better team. Congratulations to Darian for a really good TV interview right after the game. Go, ‘Cats. 💙 💛 😺

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:40 am

Congrats to the women's team. This is a big win on the road against a great program. Super happy for Coach Bin and the squad. Looking forward to see how they compete against ASU on Tuesday.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:01 am

Nice to see Jackson follow Beasley’s lead and start to get aggressive driving to the basket. Hope MadJack has a great year and finally follows up her outstanding freshman season.

Watching the games so far, I get more excited when the Binford inserts her first line change (Deden, Beasley, Dykstra & Jackson) then the opening 3-4 minutes of the starters.

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:07 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:01 am
Nice to see Jackson follow Beasley’s lead and start to get aggressive driving to the basket. Hope MadJack has a great year and finally follows up her outstanding freshman season.

Watching the games so far, I get more excited when the Binford inserts her first line change (Deden, Beasley, Dykstra & Jackson) then the opening 3-4 minutes of the starters.
It’s awesome that we have some players with swagger…….. Jackson and Beasley brought the fight. I think we need some spunk in our starting 5! We’re not young anymore….. time to go to work!

hoopsforhope
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by hoopsforhope » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:09 pm

Defence wins games - they are looking strong and deep.
The point guards look dymanic and looking to score lots of points.
Once the bigs start putting in hoops the team should be unstoppable.
Bin gets the bench appropriately. Jackson looks outstanding.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:50 pm

Catlady wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:07 am
arvcat2 wrote:

It’s awesome that we have some players with swagger…….. Jackson and Beasley brought the fight. I think we need some spunk in our starting 5! We’re not young anymore….. time to go to work!
Again I still couldn’t watch the game because I was on the road through Wyoming and Nebraska. I could hear some of the radio stream in second half and I heard Coach Bin post game where she commented on Beasely and Jackson play helped ignite the team.

Also I appreciate the comments on team strength and improvement areas. I don’t know of another Big Sky team that has as strong of a bench! My only concern for this team is the strength and toughness on the inside play…..to win a few games in the NCAA we need that strong inside play. Just listening on radio it sounds like Dykstra had some good minutes and Kola was solid on defensive side but I’m not sure Lindsey Hein is fully recovered yet from her injury. What about the inside game?…..to those that have watched the games….does it look like we have the defense, strength, rebounding and presence inside to make it a couple rounds deep in the NCAA tourney?

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:13 pm

Awesome win, Ladies. Love football and all that lies ahead, but I have to admit I can't wait for the heart of basketball season and Boise!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:13 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:50 pm
Catlady wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:07 am
arvcat2 wrote:

Again I still couldn’t watch the game because I was on the road through Wyoming and Nebraska. I could hear some of the radio stream in second half and I heard Coach Bin post game where she commented on Beasely and Jackson play helped ignite the team.

Also I appreciate the comments on team strength and improvement areas. I don’t know of another Big Sky team that has as strong of a bench! My only concern for this team is the strength and toughness on the inside play…..to win a few games in the NCAA we need that strong inside play. Just listening on radio it sounds like Dykstra had some good minutes and Kola was solid on defensive side but I’m not sure Lindsey Hein is fully recovered yet from her injury. What about the inside game?…..to those that have watched the games….does it look like we have the defense, strength, rebounding and presence inside to make it a couple rounds deep in the NCAA tourney?
MSU absolutely has enough talent to win an NCAA game or two, but not if they end up as a 16 seed again and play one of the powerhouse teams in Round 1. Wins like this one will go a long way to improving that seed line should MSU get back to the NCAAs this year.