Mbb Schedule Released!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Mbb Schedule Released!

Post by lv2hoop » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:56 am

https://msubobcats.com/news/2022/9/7/me ... edule.aspx

Two games at the top of the Pac-12 (Oregon and Arizona) highlight this year's nonconference schedule. The opener at Grand Canyon should be a fun one too, since GCU draws so well at home.

All three of the mid-major opponents that we'll play in Montreal are good. Middle Tennessee, UNC-Greensboro, and Quinnipiac might not have name recognition, but they're all preseason top 150 in the rankings, so those are great neutral site games. I bet our non-conference schedule rates as tough as any in the Big Sky.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: Mbb Schedule Released!

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:36 pm

lv2hoop wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:56 am

Two games at the top of the Pac-12 (Oregon and Arizona) highlight this year's nonconference schedule. The opener at Grand Canyon should be a fun one too, since GCU draws so well at home.

All three of the mid-major opponents that we'll play in Montreal are good. Middle Tennessee, UNC-Greensboro, and Quinnipiac might not have name recognition, but they're all preseason top 150 in the rankings, so those are great neutral site games. I bet our non-conference schedule rates as tough as any in the Big Sky.
Really tough road schedule, the guys will be tested, no doubt.

Wish there were a few more OOC home games against some mid majors. NW Indian College is a throwaway game and shouldn't even have been scheduled, at least not during the regular season. Exhibition maybe. Seriously, why can't MSU can't do better than that? Really disappointing.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:09 pm

Intrigued by the MSUB exhibition game. The Bobcats haven't played the Yellowjackets in men's BB in decades-right? I never though Mick Durham would bring his team here. That's going to be fun...and a little weird.

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:18 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:36 pm
lv2hoop wrote:

Wish there were a few more OOC home games against some mid majors. NW Indian College is a throwaway game and shouldn't even have been scheduled, at least not during the regular season. Exhibition maybe. Seriously, why can't MSU can't do better than that? Really disappointing.
It's simply the nature of scheduling in men's college basketball. Every team schedules some cupcakes in order to play the back end of their bench. Not to mention to pad the W/L column a little bit. As far as getting quality D1 opponents to travel to Bozeman to play us when we are good like this....not sure how that's going to happen. I choose to look at the positive, which is how far Sprinks and the program have come in three years. A .500 or worse team that is now a respected mid major team that is poised to make another step this season and possibly win close to 20 games again with a super tough schedule.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:55 pm

lv2hoop wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:18 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:36 pm
lv2hoop wrote:

It's simply the nature of scheduling in men's college basketball. Every team schedules some cupcakes in order to play the back end of their bench. Not to mention to pad the W/L column a little bit. As far as getting quality D1 opponents to travel to Bozeman to play us when we are good like this....not sure how that's going to happen. I choose to look at the positive, which is how far Sprinks and the program have come in three years. A .500 or worse team that is now a respected mid major team that is poised to make another step this season and possibly win close to 20 games again with a super tough schedule.
Only problem is, they may not get to 20 wins - even winning tourney games and BSC chipper - with that schedule... Gonna be hard to get better than a 15 seed. Will be interesting to see it play out.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: