Looking forward to next fall.....

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DwaineF
BobcatNation Redshirt

Looking forward to next fall.....

Post by DwaineF » Fri May 13, 2022 2:37 pm

After the results of this last year's Bobcats' teams, I am truly looking forward to this upcoming year's teams.
Football have been consistently good for some time. This year's team could even be a bit better. Mellott at QB is outstanding and should take a step forward , RB has been good consistently for years, O line is usually Outstanding as is the Dline. LB has some huge shoes to fill but I'm confident they will be solid. The secondary is very good. The only position group I'm not sure about is WR. I believe if we can handle E. Wash in the first conference game, we will win the conference title and be set up to make another run at the National Title.
WBB has also been consistently good for years. This year's team will be as well. With White, Bad Bear and the rest of the crew, we will be poised to make another run at the conference title.
MBB: We lose some stellar performers, however, the returning player are likely to be much improved and the transfers coming in look to be very solid.
Belo is a beast and Osobor showed real promise in the post. I believe they will get plenty of time together on the court. Lecholat showed flashes as well and is a solid backup at 4 and 5. McMahon will also push for more minutes at the 3 and 4. Battle was outstanding off the bench with instant offensive abilities and Gazales was very good at the end of the season. Patterson is a bit inconsistent, however his shot is very good. Fuller looks to be a solid addition who can score and rebound These 4 look to be the guys at 2 and 3. Brown is a scorer that averaged over 5 assists and Ford is a shooter that rebounds from the guard line. They will be solid at the point. The only real concern I have with this year's team is finding playing time to keep them sharp and happy. We seem loaded at every position with players that can play multiple positions. I believe a repeat for the title is not a stretch and this year will be very exciting to watch. I am truly looking forward to seeing how this season plays out.
Go Cats!!!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Looking forward to next fall.....

Post by MSU01 » Fri May 13, 2022 6:55 pm

The MSU men's and women's teams should both be picked #1 in the Big Sky going into next season. The women have been there before recently but the men sure haven't and it will be interesting to see how they respond to being the team with a target on its back. Retaining Coach Sprinkle is huge and he appears to have done very well in the Transfer Portal to supplement his big Freshman class from last year.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: Looking forward to next fall.....

Post by gtapp » Fri May 13, 2022 8:03 pm

Both BB teams should be very good, again. Not so sure about football. Both DL and OL could be problem areas for another year.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN