Next Year

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Next Year

Post by Catfanatic84 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:40 am

Thinking about next year's starters.....Belo, Patterson, Battle, Brown at PG and Lecholat? Keep Osabor to rotate in behind Belo?

DwaineF
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DwaineF » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:57 am

I see a three headed monster at PF and Center with Osabar, Lecholat and Belo splitting the time. That looks really tough to combat as the drop off when one is resting isn't very big, although, Belo is certainly the best of the three. I thing Battle should also be kept in the 6th man role (If he doesn't mind) that means there is an offensive component to the substitution group. I'd start Mc Mahan.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:16 am

It's tough to predict a starting lineup given the amount of talent coming in, especially the two PG transfers who have both been honorable mention all-conference players in the past. Sprinkle also seems to like to pick a starting five and stick with it, given how Patterson remained a starter last year even after his total minutes dwindled corresponding to Battle's emergence. As a best guess I'll go with:

PG: Brown
SG: Battle
SG/SF: Patterson
PF: Lecholat
C: Belo

And plenty of talent with scoring ability coming off the bench in Gazelas, Ford, Osobor, McMahon, etc.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:45 pm

I think Sam and Great will swap back and forth for each other alot and also cover for Belo. I would like to see us get that other big left handed Euro too. I think we would be solid then with two true backups. Its gonna be fun!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:05 pm

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:45 pm
I think Sam and Great will swap back and forth for each other alot and also cover for Belo. I would like to see us get that other big left handed Euro too. I think we would be solid then with two true backups. Its gonna be fun!
I think Osobor will start at the 4. We need 5 more fouls on the bench to cover our bigs. We're going to be really good. The question is, will the rest of the league catch up? Weber and montana will be loaded with transfers and could be really good...or terrible if the chemistry doesn't work. I hear Sac State with their new coach is seriously upgrading their talent. I'm planning to be in Boise-the chances of a another men's and women's double could never be higher.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:01 pm

GrizgradCatFan wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:45 pm
The European big man who was visiting MSU has committed to the College of Charleston.

GrizgradCatFan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by GrizgradCatFan » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:07 am

To bad on the other big guy he would have been a great addition. Well now we have two open schollies. It will be interesting to see what Danny brings in as we have a still fairly young team so brining in transfers could maybe cause another person to want to leave if they think that transfer will take time away from them. Crazy world with this transfer deal. I will be curious to see how Danny decides to use those two scholarships available now. The Cats will only get better.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:49 pm

jgrilley406 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:57 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:49 am
We need a shooter. Whether it comes from the current roster or new guys. Patterson and Gazelas were too inconsistent. Adamu and Bishop really came on in the conference season with outside shooting. We've got the bigs, but everyone will be sagging if we can't shoot it.
Ya need another shooter that can create his own shot, Battle can but we need another. Patterson and Gazelas are good shooters but they’re more the spot up types that needed Bishop and others to create for them.
I think Germer will fill that role. He's a stud.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:31 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:49 pm
jgrilley406 wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
We need a shooter. Whether it comes from the current roster or new guys. Patterson and Gazelas were too inconsistent. Adamu and Bishop really came on in the conference season with outside shooting. We've got the bigs, but everyone will be sagging if we can't shoot it.
Ya need another shooter that can create his own shot, Battle can but we need another. Patterson and Gazelas are good shooters but they’re more the spot up types that needed Bishop and others to create for them.
Yes, I hope Germer has been building his body and expanding his game while he sat this year out. I don't expect Patterson to change much from a spot up shooter but Gazalas showed toward the end of the year that he has quite a bit of creativity in handling and moving the ball along with shooting.
If coach Sprinkle can get one more dynamic big guy we would almost be a lock on being just a bit better than last year.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:51 pm

I really liked Osobor. He reminds ds me of Zion Williamson with his post moves (almost better than Belo) although Belo is much better defensively. I think he will get a lot of time at the 4.

2024 Resume dominance

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:49 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:31 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:49 pm
jgrilley406 wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Yes, I hope Germer has been building his body and expanding his game while he sat this year out. I don't expect Patterson to change much from a spot up shooter but Gazalas showed toward the end of the year that he has quite a bit of creativity in handling and moving the ball along with shooting.
If coach Sprinkle can get one more dynamic big guy we would almost be a lock on being just a bit better than last year.
Glad Germer's name has come up. He's going to surprise some people.

This team should be better and possibly much better. Battle, Belo and Osobor should be all conference. Danny added a very nice rotation at PG with all conference level talent. Patterson, Gazalas, Lecholat, and McMahon are all very capable, and Germer should find the rotation. Yes, like always, another big would be really nice, but this team already looks ready to make another run.