WBB BSC 3FG% Historical Deep Dive

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BigSkyBreakdown
BobcatNation Redshirt

WBB BSC 3FG% Historical Deep Dive

Post by BigSkyBreakdown » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:57 pm

Earlier we were asked on this board if we would potentially do a 3 point % deep dive. We published our first findings on 12/17.

Way overdue for an update on the numbers. Click the link and check the numbers out.

https://www.bigskybreakdown.com/bsbreak ... -deep-dive

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: WBB BSC 3FG% Historical Deep Dive

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:48 am

BigSkyBreakdown wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:57 pm
Earlier we were asked on this board if we would potentially do a 3 point % deep dive. We published our first findings on 12/17.

Way overdue for an update on the numbers. Click the link and check the numbers out.

Thanks for the update and interesting comparison.

The data on Tori Martell caught my eye because you did not show her leading the conference.

Our data and Big Sky Conference database both show that Tori led the conference for overall games and conference only games in 2020-21 season with 3 point shooting percentage of 44.4% and 41.4% respectively. Gotta defend our NCAA 3pt shoot-out champion.

As long as you are consistent in how you pulled the data I am not trying to discount your comparisons it’s just that one data point stuck out. And personally I had been watching and it did “appear” the 3 pt shooting was better than last year which matches your results.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:10 am

I wonder if the discrepancy comes from whether or not you include Tori's two Big Sky Tournament games in which she struggled a bit and only went a combined 5-21 on 3-pointers.

BigSkyBreakdown
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BigSkyBreakdown » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:35 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:48 am
BigSkyBreakdown wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:57 pm

Thanks for the update and interesting comparison.

The data on Tori Martell caught my eye because you did not show her leading the conference.

Our data and Big Sky Conference database both show that Tori led the conference for overall games and conference only games in 2020-21 season with 3 point shooting percentage of 44.4% and 41.4% respectively. Gotta defend our NCAA 3pt shoot-out champion.

As long as you are consistent in how you pulled the data I am not trying to discount your comparisons it’s just that one data point stuck out. And personally I had been watching and it did “appear” the 3 pt shooting was better than last year which matches your results.
Sorry for the late response. We used Synergy and not the BSC database as our reference to the 3FG%. Synergy is not always perfect. We have also found the BSC stats are not always accurate either. We will be posting our final numbers later this week. Tori definitely was a stellar 3 point shooter.

BigSkyBreakdown
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BigSkyBreakdown » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:00 pm

Final numbers are now up for the BSC 3FG% DEEP DIVE.

We added the top 10 teams in the NCAA 3FG% as well as the top 10 individual 3FG% shooters to give some perspective to the national numbers compared to BSC.