Actual Comments

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Re: Actual Comments

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:26 pm

The troll, do not feed it.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:08 am

Griznationalist wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:14 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:06 pm
Ilikecats wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:10 pm
griz5700 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:57 pm
WOW WOW WOW Hold up…

He was 100% being sarcastic in the quick apology he gave on air.

So, no apology.

Thank goodness! No apology necessary. I guess the truth hurts =D^
I think it might be time for you to go back to the Griz forum……… seems like you’re wearing out your welcome, visiting bobcat nation!
That’s alright. The gris over here lecturing us, now that’s funny — except it’s not.

There is NO PLACE on a sports board for the kind of personal attacks that were directed at Mark Martello and the broad-brush attack that was directed at Bozeman. “There are a lot of Martellos in Bozeman.” Now explain to all of us why your attack was morally better than what Mark said? You used an entirely improper vehicle to deliver an unwarranted personal attack (by name) and a, what to you, was a community smear. By my count you out Martello-ed Martello 3-2.
You don’t get it. The majority of Bobcat fans who have commented here support Learfield’s decision to pull the plug on him. He called a Black female student athlete “South Side” Chicago without a shred of accuracy or justification, and he equated her and her team with “antifa.” Stupid racist comments will not be tolerated. Good riddance.
I didn't like what he said almost as much as I don't gris fans coming here to add their indignation one way or another. You have a fine turd pool to go wading in at egriz. Don't forget to roll up your pant legs.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:29 am

rivercat wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:08 am
Griznationalist wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Ilikecats wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
WOW WOW WOW Hold up…

So, no apology.

I think it might be time for you to go back to the Griz forum……… seems like you’re wearing out your welcome, visiting bobcat nation!
That’s alright. The gris over here lecturing us, now that’s funny — except it’s not.

There is NO PLACE on a sports board for the kind of personal attacks that were directed at Mark Martello and the broad-brush attack that was directed at Bozeman. “There are a lot of Martellos in Bozeman.” Now explain to all of us why your attack was morally better than what Mark said? You used an entirely improper vehicle to deliver an unwarranted personal attack (by name) and a, what to you, was a community smear. By my count you out Martello-ed Martello 3-2.
You don’t get it. The majority of Bobcat fans who have commented here support Learfield’s decision to pull the plug on him. He called a Black female student athlete “South Side” Chicago without a shred of accuracy or justification, and he equated her and her team with “antifa.” Stupid racist comments will not be tolerated. Good riddance.
I didn't like what he said almost as much as I don't gris fans coming here to add their indignation one way or another. You have a fine turd pool to go wading in at egriz. Don't forget to roll up your pant legs.
Only to clarify: My comment was directed at grizgirl’s comment. That comment went way overboard in a personal attack (calling a man she has never met a tool, for crying out loud) and community smear attack that were posted on a school’s sports board platform. If you feel like that, write a Letter to the Editor of the Bozeman newspaper. This is not the place. QED.

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:04 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:29 am
rivercat wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:08 am
Griznationalist wrote:
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Ilikecats wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
WOW WOW WOW Hold up…

So, no apology.

Only to clarify: My comment was directed at grizgirl’s comment. That comment went way overboard in a personal attack (calling a man she has never met a tool, for crying out loud) and community smear attack that were posted on a school’s sports board platform. If you feel like that, write a Letter to the Editor of the Bozeman newspaper. This is not the place. QED.
You might be a bit too thin-skinned for the internet, my dude.

Definitely stay off of every thread where people are discussing Bobby Hauck.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:10 am

Hey Ladycat, I watched the entirety of the WBB at Eastern (I assume you did too) and their announcers made numerous comments about the physical attributes of the Cats, particularly Lamardo. Was that over the top or do only comments about a player’s "big" weight and girth offend you?

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:33 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:10 am
Hey Ladycat, I watched the entirety of the WBB at Eastern (I assume you did too) and their announcers made numerous comments about the physical attributes of the Cats, particularly Lamardo. Was that over the top or do only comments about a player’s "big" weight and girth offend you?
Are you serious or are you just trying to defend Martello? Either way, being ****** to one of a handful of posters that add valuable content regarding WBB is just dumb.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:06 am

Can we just lock this thread up too? The kids aren’t behaving again :roll: ](*,)

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:10 am

grizgirl wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:52 am
There are some really lousy play by play radio announcers doing Griz and Cat games the past few years. They’re too self-centered and don’t know much about the players, especially on opposing teams. They obviously don’t do much homework and I assume that there isn’t much for the two schools to pick from.

This guy Martello is a two time loser. He couldn’t do the basics of his job, which was play by play, or articulate the fine details. Instead he just made things up apparently because he either thought he was smarter than everyone and he felt he was being informative or because he just didn’t care about anyone, including his family and friends.
There are a lot of Martellos in Bozeman.
Although there may be some that agree with him, I feel bad for them. Mostly I feel bad for the people he inappropriately directed his poor judgment and character toward. Hopefully, they’re just rolling their eyes at this complete tool.
I'm not sure about other Martellos in Bozeman, but you may be confused with Martels. Mark Martello moved to Bozeman 20-ish years ago. He'd done radio in Georgia and Chicago, and the Martels hired him at the Valley Ice Garden to do Icedogs games after Rob Work stepped away from the position. I know of some other Martellos in the Missoula/Frenchtown area and they are not related either. I haven't talked to Mark in years and realize he may have started a family, but I don't think he has many relatives in Montana.

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:45 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:10 am
grizgirl wrote:
There are some really lousy play by play radio announcers doing Griz and Cat games the past few years. They’re too self-centered and don’t know much about the players, especially on opposing teams. They obviously don’t do much homework and I assume that there isn’t much for the two schools to pick from.

This guy Martello is a two time loser. He couldn’t do the basics of his job, which was play by play, or articulate the fine details. Instead he just made things up apparently because he either thought he was smarter than everyone and he felt he was being informative or because he just didn’t care about anyone, including his family and friends.
Although there may be some that agree with him, I feel bad for them. Mostly I feel bad for the people he inappropriately directed his poor judgment and character toward. Hopefully, they’re just rolling their eyes at this complete tool.
I'm not sure about other Martellos in Bozeman, but you may be confused with Martels. Mark Martello moved to Bozeman 20-ish years ago. He'd done radio in Georgia and Chicago, and the Martels hired him at the Valley Ice Garden to do Icedogs games after Rob Work stepped away from the position. I know of some other Martellos in the Missoula/Frenchtown area and they are not related either. I haven't talked to Mark in years and realize he may have started a family, but I don't think he has many relatives in Montana.
There are Martellos in Bozeman and all over SW Montana. I’m good friends with many of them. Perhaps you’re not from Montana and don’t know that. That’s okay. It’s a GREAT family. Mark Martello isn’t going to ruin their family name. Maybe he should move back to wherever he came from. He’s a horrendous pbp guy.

Go Dark Brandon!!

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:15 pm

grizgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:45 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

There are Martellos in Bozeman and all over SW Montana. I’m good friends with many of them. Perhaps you’re not from Montana and don’t know that. That’s okay. It’s a GREAT family. Mark Martello isn’t going to ruin their family name. Maybe he should move back to wherever he came from. He’s a horrendous pbp guy.
That's fine, I'm just saying he's not related to them. I don't know those Martellos in SW MT. I'm from Northwest MT and I hope that's OK too. :roll:

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:15 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:06 am
Can we just lock this thread up too? The kids aren’t behaving again :roll: ](*,)
Thank you. That was my dream a few posts back. 💭 🛌 But like a lot of good dreams, it seems to have slipped away.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:53 am

grizgirl wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

Oh yes, anyone that says mean things should move away and create their own "says mean things state"...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:08 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:53 am
grizgirl wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

Oh yes, anyone that says mean things should move away and create their own "says mean things state"...
I agree. Martello wasn’t good at his job long before the PSU game. Sorry if the ****** your feelings crowd can’t handle it.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:04 am

iaafan wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:08 pm
RickRund wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

I agree. Martello wasn’t good at his job long before the PSU game. Sorry if the ****** your feelings crowd can’t handle it.
Excellent post iaafan!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

seataccat

Post by seataccat » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:37 am

iaafan wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:08 pm
RickRund wrote:
grizgirl wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
grizgirl wrote:

=D^

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

aucat

Post by aucat » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:37 pm

I agree that it's time to remove this thread. The guy make a really bad mistake and there are consequences. We don't play in the "Montana Conference." We play in a conference with teams from not only MT, but ID, CA, OR, WA. Both of our MSU teams are having a good year, so let's get back to the season at hand and move on.