Announcer let go?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Announcer let go?

Post by Catlady » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:20 pm

Are you saying the insurrection was a peaceful protest?

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:29 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:01 pm
Ilikecats wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:00 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:28 pm
For F sakes…. Antifa is a terrorist organization that created chaos and crime across the country. Give the guy a reprimand, but termination is sending the wrong message.
I agree, it’s not like he stormed the capitol and put democracy at risk! He didn’t take a crap on the floor of the capitol. Wait a second……… that wasn’t Antifa was it?
Huh? Are you trying to defend Antifa as not being a terrorist entity?
I’m not defending anything…… not even your right to call them a terrorist organization. I think the key is that should stay out of a bball broadcast. If he wants to be political he should take his act to Fox News!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:33 pm

Hello Cats fans. Maybe you aren't aware the women just crushed the lady gris. This is the basketball forum. Maybe talk about the game.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:34 pm

rivercat wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:33 pm
Hello Cats fans. Maybe you aren't aware the women just crushed the lady gris. This is the basketball forum. Maybe talk about the game.
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Griznationalist » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:00 pm

A dude seldom apologizes for his display of abject ignorance and stupidity because he simply cannot see what he cannot see. Zero situational awareness. Gets the boot. Then he blames others and plays the victim card.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:02 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:13 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:00 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:29 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:11 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:58 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:28 pm
For F sakes…. Antifa is a terrorist organization that created chaos and crime across the country. Give the guy a reprimand, but termination is sending the wrong message.
I’d imagine that if back in 2002, an opposing announcer referred to wbb players from Fordham U and or Columbia U as Al-Queda, they would likely be fired as well. Not because of politics, but because comparing young female athletes to a terrorist organization, is completely over the line.

Imagine if an opposing announcer referred to your college aged daughter as antifa, Al-queda, Tallinn’s, Nazi, oath keeper, etc….I know I’d be pissed, there’s no place for that in college athletics.
Is that what he did? Was he calling the Portland players Antifa? Can you imagine the outcry if he would have said they were playing like sh1t? That would have been way over the line to call someone a piece of excrement. Definitely a firing offense.

By the way, I highly doubt the Portland players or fans were a outraged by the comment. Can you show me one person from their fan base that was offended?

Seriously, can someone please publish what is acceptable in the political correctness world? If the announcer said that the Portland team was shifty as Trumps policies, do you think he would have been fired? But make a lousy joke about Antifa and he gets fired.

You f@cking liberals want a Dr Seuss book banned, but you want a guy fired for making an off color joke about Antifa. Ridiculous.
I thought we’d be on the same side on this one. Antifa is bad. They are a domestic terrorist group. Don’t compare young athletes to terrorist groups. Especially when the team is from Portland and has nothing to do with basketball.

Is that a liberal idea?

Also, no need for the childish name calling. I think @kmax has given you multiple warnings about that.
You didn’t address one single comment I made. Was he really making a serious comparison of players to Antifa? In your mind, what is the difference if someone is described as playing like sh1t? Did you find lots of Portland fans and players outraged by his comments?

If anybody is defending the firing, who do you think they are? Liberals or conservatives? I can confidently guess that they would be liberals. Do you disagree?

By the way, don’t portray me as saying his comments were okay. I said it was a dumb comment and he should be disciplined, not fired. You disagree?

Your passive aggressive approach is par for you. What name did I call you? A liberal? 😂😂😂. Aren’t you a liberal? Is that a bad word now?

I live how you call for Kmax to intervene.. that is a puss move. Can’t make a reasonable argument so you call for the room monitor. Weak…
Maybe it’s just me but when someone says “you f@cking (insert group or people here)” they aren’t usually saying it as a term of endearment.
Seriously, this clown gets triggered by ****** everything and then blames it on liberals and antifa every time. He's a walking representation of Fox News and everyone that digests it.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.