MBB vs the gris

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bcats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: MBB vs the gris

Post by bcats » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:59 pm

Needed that win!!! Thank you MSU basketball!

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Just my opinion-- Byron Stulc

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:01 pm

Nice win!

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:05 pm

A great end to what was otherwise a rather disappointing weekend, and a huge win for Coach Sprinkle to get his first against UM and break whatever the streak was against them. Go Cats, keep it up!

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:06 pm

Great job scrapping at the end to hang on for the win! Big vic for MSU!

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:14 pm

Now, go to Missoula and do it AGAIN!

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

MSUBRONCO

Post by MSUBRONCO » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:16 pm

Great game! GO CATS!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:31 pm

bcats wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:59 pm

+1

Could not have come at a better time. Go cats!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:39 pm

Sprinkle finally gets it done...now he needs to keep getting it done against those guys.
We landed at BZN right about halftime. I couldn't bear to watch-just checking the score now and then. I knew our big early lead in the 2nd half likely wouldn't completely hold up, but I don't think they ever blew that lead.
Like others have said, we really needed that. Thankyou Bobcat MBB!

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:42 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:31 pm
bcats wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:59 pm

+1

Could not have come at a better time. Go cats!
+10,000 - 1 dipso(railing guy) feel the same.

This was a great win for Bobcat Nation.

Thank you Coach Sprinkle.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:10 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:39 pm
Sprinkle finally gets it done...now he needs to keep getting it done against those guys.
We landed at BZN right about halftime. I couldn't bear to watch-just checking the score now and then. I knew our big early lead in the 2nd half likely wouldn't completely hold up, but I don't think they ever blew that lead.
Like others have said, we really needed that. Thankyou Bobcat MBB!
The Gris cut it to 3 once with around 5 minutes left, but Xavier converted a 3-point play on the ensuing possession and MSU maintained at least a two-possession lead the rest of the way. Definitely nervewracking to watch given the history between these teams!

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:28 pm

We have had several games this year we get 10 or so point lead with 8-10 minutes left, usually a spurt where fast offense and our athleticism get the lead. Then we start going to the end of every shot clock, don't get good shots and have to hold on to the lead at the end. It seems like we do this to early. Any thoughts. So happy they made free throws and big stops down the stretch. Tynes steal was huge

Sports is not bigger than life

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:06 pm

Well done Cats!!! That was a huge win. I think the Griz feel like they own us, but the numbers and the eye test say otherwise. Hard fought win, Tynes is next level tough/gritty.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:15 pm

Watched the replay. Belo was 2-6 from the line with at least two front-ends missed. Very uncharacteristic and a big factor in why it was closer than it should have been. In the crowd shots at the end of the game our fans just looked really tired...just like I am. The players really brought their energy with them on this one.

I think this team has more in the tank. I think Battle is going to have a break-out moment soon. He's just got to figure out how to stop forcing things and turning it over. I think as Fernandez gets into better shape he could be a factor as well. This game was a big moment for this team-they needed to get over the gris hump.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:00 am

I can confirm the crowd was a bit tired. I know I was.

Big shout out to little Madison(?) on the Star Spangled Banner. That was worth the ticket.

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:34 am

Belo struggled mightily to get going offensively, but we was an absolute BEAST on defense. He absolutely owned the paint last night!

Adamu had his best game in a Bobcat uniform and he's the one who kept us in the game during the first half. Love Bishop and Tynes energy and toughness during the game.

I still believe this team can make a run for the Big Sky title. If we play defense like we did last night, we'll be a tough out for sure.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:40 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:34 am
Belo struggled mightily to get going offensively, but we was an absolute BEAST on defense. He absolutely owned the paint last night!

Adamu had his best game in a Bobcat uniform and he's the one who kept us in the game during the first half. Love Bishop and Tynes energy and toughness during the game.

I still believe this team can make a run for the Big Sky title. If we play defense like we did last night, we'll be a tough out for sure.
All comes down to consistency. I think our defense is really good, and for the most part Sprinkle does a good job of trying to hide Bishop and Patterson and it helps to have two good rim protectors on the roster with Belo and Osobor.

Our team success comes down to offensive consistency in my eyes. Can’t have nights where we shoot 30% from the field and 20% from three and get carried by our defense in a tournament setting.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

aucat

Post by aucat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:17 pm

1. Frankly I was shocked at the very poor attendance at this game, but I guess lots of Cat fans are still traveling back from Frisco, plus the semester hasn't started yet.

2. This was an important win. The Griz have a very good team. It was a big win for Coach Sprinkle.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:43 pm

As we streamed the game during our flight on espn+, we were shocked by the empty seats as well. Don't worry, the fanbase is back to full strength and will be there through the big dance.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

alleycat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by alleycat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:46 pm

Sweet win....good work Cats!

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:30 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:43 pm
As we streamed the game during our flight on espn+, we were shocked by the empty seats as well. Don't worry, the fanbase is back to full strength and will be there through the big dance.
I do suspect quite a few folks were traveling or still in Texas. We were in Frisco, but got back pretty late on Saturday night. So we were pretty tired from the whole trip. We still made it to the Cat-gris BB game, but I had told my wife that if it was anything other than Cat-gris, I probably would have skipped the game.

Glad we went though as the game was a good one and it is always fun to beat DeCuire and um.