MSU Men Vs ISU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

MSU Men Vs ISU

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:18 pm

Cats starting off cold again...25% FG.....0-4 from 3 point range. Not sure what's going on. You would think the Cats would start hitting some shots.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: MSU Men Vs ISU

Post by wbtfg » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:49 pm

Ugly game. Both teams are pretty flat.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:04 pm

Much better energy in them second half. I am not sure I have seen Danny get as upset with the reffing as many times in one game as this one. I know he did not want to lose two at home and especially to a not very good isu team. Still not a great offensive showing, but pretty good defensive effort.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:06 pm

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:18 pm

Couldn't make the game today, but watched the replay on ESPN+. I thought Tynes had an impactful game. He's too shy offensively, but he's really good on defense. I also think that as Fernandez gets in better shape he'll be a great asset...but he has a looooong way to go to get to full fitness.

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by duelalumnicat » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:48 pm

I attended the game. Given that it was New year's Day, I thought attendance was still decent. Unfortunately, the crowd was subdued, even when the Bobcats started to play better in the second half. It sucks that the Cats have to host these conference games, including UM next Sunday, without the band, the cheerleaders, and the few students who actually attend the games. I agree with BelgradeBobcat that Tynes had an impactful game. I was also impressed with Great Osobor, who, as a true freshman, seems to be improving each game. Danny is now putting Osobor in at the 4 position while Belo is still on the floor. Not exactly the Twin Towers, but Osobor has the ability to rebound and pass inside despite his lack of experience. I remain hopeful that the Cats will continue to improve as the season progresses.

bob12
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bob12 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:44 am

duelalumnicat wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:48 pm
I attended the game. Given that it was New year's Day, I thought attendance was still decent. Unfortunately, the crowd was subdued, even when the Bobcats started to play better in the second half. It sucks that the Cats have to host these conference games, including UM next Sunday, without the band, the cheerleaders, and the few students who actually attend the games. I agree with BelgradeBobcat that Tynes had an impactful game. I was also impressed with Great Osobor, who, as a true freshman, seems to be improving each game. Danny is now putting Osobor in at the 4 position while Belo is still on the floor. Not exactly the Twin Towers, but Osobor has the ability to rebound and pass inside despite his lack of experience. I remain hopeful that the Cats will continue to improve as the season progresses.
Would you rather they play away games, without the band, students, cheerleaders and zero students? MSU doesn't make the schedule. Also it's winter break, give everything a chance, maybe eventually things will turn around, but I do know the crowds are so much more active and loud than what I experienced.

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:11 am

duelalumnicat wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:48 pm
Tynes turned this game around. Great defense is his strength. He also contributed offensively with some great assists and generally excellent passing.

I also like the Jubrile/Great combo. They play very complimentary basketball and the team flow improves when they play together.

It was good to see the Cats play well without X in the game. Everyone moves much better with less dribbling.

Raequan seems underutilized in that his role seems to be stand in the corner and be ready a three. He has too many skills and his other contributions have earned him a bigger role on offense.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."