Game Day!!!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

DwaineF
BobcatNation Redshirt

Game Day!!!!

Post by DwaineF » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:23 am

Go Cats!! Should be a good test to see if our preseason schedule prepared us for league play.

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Game Day!!!!

Post by Catlady » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:41 am

After seeing all the cancellations around the country, I’m just hoping we get our game in!

It’s a crazy time!

BigSkyBreakdown
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BigSkyBreakdown » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:58 pm

We did a recap of WSU vs Colorado State earlier this season. Here are some actions you may see tonight as you watch the game.

weberwildcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by weberwildcat » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:14 pm

i would like to make a prediction for tonight's game. the cats will win. :mrgreen:

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:07 pm

Cats up 9-5 early. Weber looks uncomfortable on offense so far.

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:28 pm

Weber up 28-22 midway through the first half. Wildcats have found their three point shot, and they look good when that shot is falling from distance.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:40 pm

Ask Freddie Banks what 2nd half adjustments we should make.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:44 pm

gtapp wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:40 pm
Ask Freddie Banks what 2nd half adjustments we should make.
Indeed. Defense was lacking in the 2nd half.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:56 pm

Well… Weber shot 66% from three and we shot 18%. Only being down 3 at half ain’t bad.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:23 pm

Tied at 50 now at the first media timeout. Cats body language and effort/aggressiveness look good.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:13 pm

3-19 from three. That’s it.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:24 pm

Mckewen was red hot from 3.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:30 pm

We had good looks on almost every three we shot tonight…very disappointing as we would have won fairly comfortably if we had hit a few of them. As usual, Weber had 4 or 5 guys that make their threes consistently. And X really struggled tonight with just about everything. Not sure what we can do there, but PG is becoming an issue.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:51 pm

Weber just goes and rents another player of the year transfer and they'll be at the top of the league again. We have all these "super seniors" who look like they never took a shot in our arena. Middle of the pack at best.
Women's team can't throw it in the ocean either, but they sure kept jacking them up. Lost to Weber too-who are traditionally terrible. Not a good night.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:11 am

I'm not sure if Binford just let them go and see what they could do without coaching...because if they would have been a little more selective in their shots and work the ball inside a little they might have been right in the game.

Was "getting the ball inside" that much of a chore tonight. I didn't hear if there were any usual post players sick or not. Just because we lose a legend thee point shooter...does it mean everyone has to try gunning for the record?

Darian had like 34 points but it looked like everyone else was playing with one hand tied behind their back. You knew we were done when she stopped going to the bucket and started shooting 3's...she couldn't hit the rim until the last minute when it was too late. Was this "hero ball" or was it something she took on herself because no one else was getting it done.

People have said that our leader, Darian, is shooting too much...if everyone misses shots and doesn't rebound what does a leader do? Does she take the ball by herself? What if the others don't want the ball? I think a lot has to depend on how everyone feels about the situation. Maybe a shrink would work better than a coach. Maybe not...but something ain't right!

Several years ago I saw the Lady Cats play Gonzaga and I marveled at their ball handling, precision passing, and team basketball. A few years later John Stockton coached for a season. Every year since then, the Lady Cats have approached that same kind of precision and team work. But this year they have slidden backward. I'm not sure the reason since they only lost 2 seniors off of last year's team. Everyone in the league seems to have gotten better except the Cats. Are they resting on their laurels? Is there a leadership gap? Are they tired? Have the coaches forgotten what they learned back then? Something is different that is making them play like an NBA All Star game (without the scoring).

2024 Resume dominance

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:05 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:11 am
I'm not sure if Binford just let them go and see what they could do without coaching...because if they would have been a little more selective in their shots and work the ball inside a little they might have been right in the game.

Was "getting the ball inside" that much of a chore tonight. I didn't hear if there were any usual post players sick or not. Just because we lose a legend thee point shooter...does it mean everyone has to try gunning for the record?

Darian had like 34 points but it looked like everyone else was playing with one hand tied behind their back. You knew we were done when she stopped going to the bucket and started shooting 3's...she couldn't hit the rim until the last minute when it was too late. Was this "hero ball" or was it something she took on herself because no one else was getting it done.

People have said that our leader, Darian, is shooting too much...if everyone misses shots and doesn't rebound what does a leader do? Does she take the ball by herself? What if the others don't want the ball? I think a lot has to depend on how everyone feels about the situation. Maybe a shrink would work better than a coach. Maybe not...but something ain't right!

Several years ago I saw the Lady Cats play Gonzaga and I marveled at their ball handling, precision passing, and team basketball. A few years later John Stockton coached for a season. Every year since then, the Lady Cats have approached that same kind of precision and team work. But this year they have slidden backward. I'm not sure the reason since they only lost 2 seniors off of last year's team. Everyone in the league seems to have gotten better except the Cats. Are they resting on their laurels? Is there a leadership gap? Are they tired? Have the coaches forgotten what they learned back then? Something is different that is making them play like an NBA All Star game (without the scoring).
Good post. It has to be coaching because there is talent. I think one problem is hiring assistants because they played for MSU instead of making the effort to find and hire the most qualified.

This year's team is not fun to watch.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:25 am

rivercat wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:05 am
Helcat72 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:11 am

Good post. It has to be coaching because there is talent. I think one problem is hiring assistants because they played for MSU instead of making the effort to find and hire the most qualified.

This year's team is not fun to watch.
I have been wondering about the coaching too. Not putting the blame for the lackluster play on Katie Bussey, but what exactly is her role? She sits there on the bench, shows no emotion (behind her mask), and doesn’t seem to interact with much of anybody.

As a convert to Bobcat WBB about 6 years ago, I agree, this year’s team is not entertaining.