WBB vs South Dakota State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

WBB vs South Dakota State

Post by Catlady » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:06 pm

Too early in the season to say it’s a must win game, but we need to at least compete. They’re better than Carroll!

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: WBB vs South Dakota State

Post by Ilikecats » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:32 pm

Catlady wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:06 pm
Too early in the season to say it’s a must win game, but we need to at least compete. They’re better than Carroll!
They better get it together! We lost to UNLV by 40. UNLV is losing in the 4th quarter by 27 to Northern Arizona. The Big Sky isn’t going to be easy this season.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:04 pm

I’m thinking that Trish’s statement in the paper saying that some newer players would be starting in front of some more experienced players because of being consistent and practicing well each day is probably in large part motivational. But it may have ruffled some Bobcat fur a little as the magic seems to be missing at the moment. I don’t see that our base lineup from last year, minus Tori, isn’t our best. That would be White, Limardo, Deden, and Bad Bear. The question in my mind is then who do you plug into Tori’s spot which was filled previously by Oliana Squires? Right now is there anyone able and ready to raise their game a notch? Looking at it like that simplifies it to me — we should be no worse than last year if someone can really fill that 2-guard position. And if the missing “gel” can be found.
💙💛😺

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:31 am

Yes, after missing out on seeing our Lady Cats in person last season, I was really pumped about this year. When I look at the roster I see SO MUCH talent. The performance to date has been mind boggling. I'm really sorry that the ladies are so out of sync regarding their chemistry.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:35 pm

Won the first quarter 18-14, but now going through the we forgot how to score section of the game and SDSU leads 25-20 early in the second quarter.
Game is on ESPN+

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:50 pm

Down 36-32 at the half. Were down by 10. We were getting out worked and can't shoot it a lick from outside (probably why we're missing Tori Martell so much). And just for insurance, the hometown refs are letting them go over the back on every rebound and calling us for every ticky tacky so they've been to the line a bunch. But that's just way it is. You're gonna get homered on the road in non-conference...always.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:11 pm

Giving up a 10-0 run to start the second half. Offensively this team is extremely terrible right now.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:22 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:50 pm
Down 36-32 at the half. Were down by 10. We were getting out worked and can't shoot it a lick from outside (probably why we're missing Tori Martell so much). And just for insurance, the hometown refs are letting them go over the back on every rebound and calling us for every ticky tacky so they've been to the line a bunch. But that's just way it is. You're gonna get homered on the road in non-conference...always.
Glad you saw the same thing about the refs missing over the back — except where it goes out of bounds on us as a result and they have to call it to avoid being embarrassed. The offensive fouls on Beattie were ridiculous.

Now I see why SDSU has such a high home winning percentage.
Last edited by nevadacat on Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:31 pm

Getting run out of the gym now. Down 20 to start the 4th. Our offense consists of dribbling around for a while and then chucking a random shot towards the rim. The percentage of air balls is probably higher than the makes. SDSU gets a three point play out of every inside shot for some reason. This is really disappointing.

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:42 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:31 pm
Getting run out of the gym now. Down 20 to start the 4th. Our offense consists of dribbling around for a while and then chucking a random shot towards the rim. The percentage of air balls is probably higher than the makes. SDSU gets a three point play out of every inside shot for some reason. This is really disappointing.
Refs aren’t great, but what is going on with this team? The air balls are just hard to believe! I’m clapping when we hit the rim!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:51 pm

We lose 78-49. Pretty embarrassing for our proud program. I've not seen many teams shoot worse. I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 20% from the field.

bobcat2651
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcat2651 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:55 pm

binford should now know what doesn't work, if u can't make a three move in maybe you'll be in position to get a rebound. they did foul the other team well

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:59 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:51 pm
We lose 78-49. Pretty embarrassing for our proud program. I've not seen many teams shoot worse. I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 20% from the field.
14% from 3-pt, 31% overall. 20% overall in 2nd half. Abysmal, by any metric. Air balls and not drawing iron from even 10 feet is perplexing.

Loving the hustle by Leah Beattie! Jackson worked her tail off too, as usual.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:23 pm

First half was strong, but I have no idea what happened after halftime. The start of this season is a disaster. Time to take away all MSU branded gear and tell them they can start wearing it again when they become worthy to represent the University! Does Tori have any eligibility left? Can Bussey and Braxton still play? I saw us airball lay ups tonight. Yes, we missed the rim on layups! I thought the SDSU announcers went out of their way to be positive about our team and program. Even questioned the homer calls by the officials, but by the end of the game even the crowd got tired of chanting airball! We’ve got to get better!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:24 pm

I trust Binford to get this turned around, but yikes. Next up is UND on Saturday, who has lost by 15 to Big Sky doormat Weber State and lost by 21 at home to UM today. If MSU gets blown out again there it'll really be time for concern.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:13 am

Is this a rebuilding year for the Cats??

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:15 am

gtapp wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:13 am
Is this a rebuilding year for the Cats??
Not in the least. Last year they had seven new players. Everyone that played a significant role is back except Tori Martell. That’s a big loss, but they were expected to pick up where they left off and have a terrific year (or two). Something isn’t working.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:18 am

Catlady wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:23 pm
First half was strong, but I have no idea what happened after halftime. The start of this season is a disaster. Time to take away all MSU branded gear and tell them they can start wearing it again when they become worthy to represent the University! Does Tori have any eligibility left? Can Bussey and Braxton still play? I saw us airball lay ups tonight. Yes, we missed the rim on layups! I thought the SDSU announcers went out of their way to be positive about our team and program. Even questioned the homer calls by the officials, but by the end of the game even the crowd got tired of chanting airball! We’ve got to get better!
Just to give an academic answer to your question, yes,
Tori could have had last year again this year. But she graduated in Nursing and went out on the pinnacle of the three-point shooting world with her national championship, so she chose to get on with life.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:21 am

nevadacat wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:59 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:51 pm
14% from 3-pt, 31% overall. 20% overall in 2nd half. Abysmal, by any metric. Air balls and not drawing iron from even 10 feet is perplexing.

Loving the hustle by Leah Beattie! Jackson worked her tail off too, as usual.
I’ve never seen a Binford team seemingly lose their legs like they did against SDSU — usually it’s the other way around and our opponents start air-mailing shots.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:24 am

nevadacat wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:22 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:50 pm
Glad you saw the same thing about the refs missing over the back — except where it goes out of bounds on us as a result and they have to call it to avoid being embarrassed. The offensive fouls on Beattie were ridiculous.

Now I see why SDSU has such a high home winning percentage.
Even the announcers alluded to the tilted playing field by saying well, men or women, no one comes in here and wins. May be a reason for that.