WBB vs South Dakota State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: WBB vs South Dakota State

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:23 am

13 players were rotated in last night’s loss by 29 points. It is reaching the point that too many players are seeing the court and “chemistry, “identity”, and continuity are suffering because of it. To get this team on track, Coach Arv would relegate all players hailing from the states of Minnesota & Washington to the end of the bench and focus on a manageable rotation of the ten remaining players.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:03 am

Pathetic and embarrassing. Seems like 30 point losses are getting to be the norm and we aren't playing Uconn and South Carolina! We will get an idea of just what is going on this Saturday when we play North Dakota. UM just dominated them by the tune of 72-51. You know, the UM that fired their coach (who is now suing the university)which caused players to leave and left the program in disarray. Yet UM played Gonzaga a very competitive game and then blew out UND.

So here we have MSU with a talent laden squad playing like a rag tag high school team. What is going on? If we get blown out by UND I can only assume that Coach Binford has lost the team and the chemistry gone. I hope I am wrong. I was really looking forward to seeing this team this year. I am totally perplexed at their play to date.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:07 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:23 am
13 players were rotated in last night’s loss by 29 points. It is reaching the point that too many players are seeing the court and “chemistry, “identity”, and continuity are suffering because of it. To get this team on track, Coach Arv would relegate all players hailing from the states of Minnesota & Washington to the end of the bench and focus on a manageable rotation of the ten remaining players.
Interesting that the major rotations started with about 3 minutes left in the first quarter. Look at the game flow here: https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... /401374556. That is about the time the wheels on the wagon began to shimmy, and at about the same point in the 2nd quarter they fell off.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:45 pm

aucat wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:03 am
Pathetic and embarrassing. Seems like 30 point losses are getting to be the norm and we aren't playing Uconn and South Carolina! We will get an idea of just what is going on this Saturday when we play North Dakota. UM just dominated them by the tune of 72-51. You know, the UM that fired their coach (who is now suing the university)which caused players to leave and left the program in disarray. Yet UM played Gonzaga a very competitive game and then blew out UND.

So here we have MSU with a talent laden squad playing like a rag tag high school team. What is going on? If we get blown out by UND I can only assume that Coach Binford has lost the team and the chemistry gone. I hope I am wrong. I was really looking forward to seeing this team this year. I am totally perplexed at their play to date.
I despise fans trying to coach from a fan forum, but this makes a lot of sense. There might be a need to shorten the bench and play to win. I also thought conditioning was an issue. Some of our players look like they were stuck in sand. Aucat……. Good post. You were spot on!

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:35 pm

Maybe they need a trip to Puerto Rico?

Uninspired, no rhythm, lackadaisical lolly gaggers.

Hope they can turn this around.

Good thoughts!!! Go CATS!!!

Have a wonderful day!!

bobcat2651
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcat2651 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:07 pm

don't blame the refs when you shoot like that

aucat

Post by aucat » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:29 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
I always think of the really great coaches, like Geno at Uconn. They pick a "starting five" and pretty much stick to this with limited substitutions. I just don't see how you can have ANY continuity or chemistry when you are subbing in and out, in and out. How can someone develop a "hot hand' if you are going to get jerked after three minutes? This has ALWAYS been my primary complaint with Coach Binford. OBVIOUSLY when she was doing quite well the past two season I have tried to keep my opinions on this low key since you can't argue with success, especially the outstanding team two seasons ago. However, given how this season has started, it seems to me that the coaches really need to do a self examination of what the heck is wrong with this team.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:23 am

aucat wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:29 pm
arvcat2 wrote:
I always think of the really great coaches, like Geno at Uconn. They pick a "starting five" and pretty much stick to this with limited substitutions. I just don't see how you can have ANY continuity or chemistry when you are subbing in and out, in and out. How can someone develop a "hot hand' if you are going to get jerked after three minutes? This has ALWAYS been my primary complaint with Coach Binford. OBVIOUSLY when she was doing quite well the past two season I have tried to keep my opinions on this low key since you can't argue with success, especially the outstanding team two seasons ago. However, given how this season has started, it seems to me that the coaches really need to do a self examination of what the heck is wrong with this team.
I generally concur with you on Binford’s habit of quick & forced substitutions. The exception (Binford's) was that great 2019-2020 team. That was a nine player rotation team with the four “bench” players having clearly defined roles: Bad Bear spelling Frieje, Braxton subbing for Smith, Jackson in for Kuderer, & Martell replacing either Squires or White. Simple and wildly successful.