MBB vs. Rocky

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

MBB vs. Rocky

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:26 pm

Today at 2PM. This is the worst home non-conference schedule I've ever seen. One non-conference D-1 team (Portland on Dec 19).

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: MBB vs. Rocky

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:37 pm

Get used to it, no one wants to come to Bozeman for a beat down.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:22 pm

Who is #32? Is that Fernandez?

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:35 pm

Rich K wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:22 pm
Who is #32? Is that Fernandez?
Announcer answered my question Sam Lecholat

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:53 pm

Did what they needed to do. Starters looked good, young bucks found their feet. I like this team!!

My kiddo is in club and school basketball these days, so making games at the brick from Billings will be difficult through the winter. At least we can watch on ESPN+… but I feel like we need to pack the house for this team. They could be a special group of men!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:43 pm

Unlike the women's team which seems to be a bit of a mess, the men's team has a well established pecking order. The rotations will tighten up against tougher competition. I figured today would be the Jubrile Belo dunk show, but that didn't really happen until the second half. They did a good job of triple teaming him in the first half and beating the heck out of him. It was good for Belo-he needs to keep working to play through it. Refs call ticky tacky on the perimeter but the big guy gets mauled. Credit to Rocky who played their butts off. Their coach worked it like a final four.

Other than Patterson and Mohamed we couldn't get many threes to fall. Battle and Gazeles missed a bunch of them, but there will be games when those will go down-better when we really need them.

Battle's athleticism is amazing-definitely a notch above what we usually see in the Big Sky. He just needs to work on becoming a better basketball player. But he's only a sophomore. I feel like we're really set up to be good for a long time.

Germer, Reinalada, and Fernandez were in street clothes. I am assuming they are redshirting. I think Fernandez is/was coming back from an injury.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:12 pm

lv2hoop
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lv2hoop » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:42 pm

Came down for the weekend to see how Patrick is doing in his first year away at school. I cannot say enough how grateful I am that he gets to be a Bobcat with coaches Sprinkle, Haslam, Russell and Moses. It was the first game I've seen inside the Brick. Also had the pleasure of watching the Cats v. Vandals Fb game on Saturday. You all have a wonderful University, b-ball program and town. Can't wait to return soon. Now it's back on the plane to Anchorage, where it was -8 this morning :(

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:53 pm

Not often Bozeman is a “warm spot”😎. Welcome and I hope you get to come see your son play quite often! If not, ESPN + at least let’s you watch most games.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:56 pm

lv2hoop wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:42 pm
Came down for the weekend to see how Patrick is doing in his first year away at school. I cannot say enough how grateful I am that he gets to be a Bobcat with coaches Sprinkle, Haslam, Russell and Moses. It was the first game I've seen inside the Brick. Also had the pleasure of watching the Cats v. Vandals Fb game on Saturday. You all have a wonderful University, b-ball program and town. Can't wait to return soon. Now it's back on the plane to Anchorage, where it was -8 this morning :(
Love hearing this. Keep on reporting on your Bobcat adventures. The Brick has a lot of history there. It opened up in 1956 and has been adapted very well over the years. It’s my favorite man-made place to walk into, ever. Lots and lots of basketball, but also College Championship rodeo, track (I believe Montana’s first four-minute mile), field (watching Ellie Rudy winning pole vaults and then on to two NCAA National Championships), little league baseball, 6,000 people attending a ‘Cat/griz volleyball game, and just last weekend the High School 4-Class State Volleyball tournament with four courts playing simultaneously. It’s seen it all. Enjoy it.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:40 pm

lv2hoop wrote:
It's very rare for MSU to be really good at football and men's basketball at the same time. It has just hardly ever happened. Right now everyone's got football on the brain so the early season basketball games are a pretty sleepy affair. It should pickup in conference when the band is there and more fans arrive. Crowds have slowly but steadily increased in Sprinkle's tenure and I think this team will really get people excited. I hope so.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:44 pm

Patrick is key part of MSU’s future. He looked great this weekend as a true freshman! And Lecholat might be the best passer MSU has seen in decades. Great vision and understanding of the game. Our future is bright with these guys!!

PortlandCat90
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by PortlandCat90 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:56 am

lv2hoop wrote:
Great to hear! The first years can be a tough transition away. Don't ever hesitate to reach out to this crew for assistance if needed. There's some good people and strong connections.

Looks like he's enrolled in the Business School as well. It's top-notch - it was 30 years ago (ouch) and I know they have grown substantially. That education has served me well and I really appreciate what the University and College of Business did for me. As an aside, in 1989 my books ($409) were more than my tuition ($350). Don't know why I remember that.

Best of luck to Patrick and your family!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:13 pm

PortlandCat90 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:56 am
lv2hoop wrote:
Great to hear! The first years can be a tough transition away. Don't ever hesitate to reach out to this crew for assistance if needed. There's some good people and strong connections.

Looks like he's enrolled in the Business School as well. It's top-notch - it was 30 years ago (ouch) and I know they have grown substantially. That education has served me well and I really appreciate what the University and College of Business did for me. As an aside, in 1989 my books ($409) were more than my tuition ($350). Don't know why I remember that.

Best of luck to Patrick and your family!
=D^ =D^

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.