WBB vs Gonzaga

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

WBB vs Gonzaga

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:18 pm

Tips off at 7

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB vs Gonzaga

Post by Rich K » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:01 pm

Streaming on wccsports.com

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:26 pm

At the game, man I wish basketball had a bigger following outside of cat/griz on campus. So much fun to have a full arena

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

BStinsMSU

Post by BStinsMSU » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:46 pm

37-19 Zags at half.. outsized and our offense has been nothing but ugly post entry passes

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:48 pm

19 points per half isn't going to win many games. We better find more offense soon or we won't keep this respectable.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves." - Abraham Lincoln

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:01 pm

Well they had 28 points in the second half. That didn't cut it either. 72-47. Darian White had an okay night from the looks of it. 15 points, 8 rebounds, two assists. Three turnovers and just 5 of 14 shooting. Everybody played, so things aren't getting too serious yet. 86% from the line is very good and forced 18 turnovers. But made 19 turnovers and got killed on the boards and fouled a lot.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

bpcats20

Post by bpcats20 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:05 pm

From a talent perspective, I think this is the deepest most talented team I have ever seen assembled at MSU. However, it took Trisha most of last season to find right rotation and the girls to find their groove with their heavy rotation pattern. I expect it will be a huge challenge to establish an identity both offensively and defensively for this team.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:50 am

BStinsMSU wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:26 pm
At the game, man I wish basketball had a bigger following outside of cat/griz on campus. So much fun to have a full arena
WBB in Bozeman’s not too bad. The fans have really responded to the improved play and the relatable players. They averaged around 2,200 (someone please correct this) last year and the fans do make plenty of noise in the Brick. While it’s not the Kennel, it’s not the cat box either. 😄 Hmmm … nobody wants to come in and clean the Cat Box.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:59 am

Coach Bin said on the post-game radio interview that they have a loooong way to go to regain the chemistry. They have almost the same team as last year, minus Tori Martell, so that should be easier. According to Coach’s comments in the Chronicle articles she’s trying to change Darian’s role to less point responsibilities and more freedom to score. I see the plan, but unfortunately we don’t have another Darian to play point, in other words a first-team All Big Sky player. And she said some younger players may/will be playing ahead of veteran players due to effort and consistency in practice. Coach Bin gets credit for trying to maximize the team’s capability and I’m sure it will either work or she’ll try something else.

BStinsMSU

Post by BStinsMSU » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:50 am
BStinsMSU wrote:
WBB in Bozeman’s not too bad. The fans have really responded to the improved play and the relatable players. They averaged around 2,200 (someone please correct this) last year and the fans do make plenty of noise in the Brick. While it’s not the Kennel, it’s not the cat box either. 😄 Hmmm … nobody wants to come in and clean the Cat Box.
Totally agree! I guess I meant student section wise, there’s not as much buzz for games on campus as I think our women’s team especially deserves over the past few years, and men’s games as well. Every game I went to while I was there I was one of not very many there, minus cat griz games or games the band was playing !(which I also was in) Perspective is key I suppose!

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:59 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:59 am
Coach Bin said on the post-game radio interview that they have a loooong way to go to regain the chemistry. They have almost the same team as last year, minus Tori Martell, so that should be easier. According to Coach’s comments in the Chronicle articles she’s trying to change Darian’s role to less point responsibilities and more freedom to score. I see the plan, but unfortunately we don’t have another Darian to play point, in other words a first-team All Big Sky player. And she said some younger players may/will be playing ahead of veteran players due to effort and consistency in practice. Coach Bin gets credit for trying to maximize the team’s capability and I’m sure it will either work or she’ll try something else.
Chemistry. When I watched the last 2 games, that is what I thought was missing. And the only difference from last season is the absence of Tori Martell. Was she the bond and catalyst of the team? Who will step up into that role?

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:00 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:56 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:50 am
BStinsMSU wrote:
Totally agree! I guess I meant student section wise, there’s not as much buzz for games on campus as I think our women’s team especially deserves over the past few years, and men’s games as well. Every game I went to while I was there I was one of not very many there, minus cat griz games or games the band was playing !(which I also was in) Perspective is key I suppose!
Very true, student attendance is way down for both men's and women's BB compared to what it used to be. I'm not sure if there's a way to "fix" this as many things have been tried in the past to get student attendance back up again. Ultimately wins and a lot of them are the best thing that can happen, although there's so much competition for entertainment options these days that I doubt we'll ever see packed student sections outside of Cat/Griz.

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:17 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:59 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Chemistry. When I watched the last 2 games, that is what I thought was missing. And the only difference from last season is the absence of Tori Martell. Was she the bond and catalyst of the team? Who will step up into that role?
I’m not sure how throwing true frosh Hughes out there ahead of Bad Bear, Deden, and Lamardo is a way to build chemistry at the beginning of the season. It’s a small sample size and I don’t go to practice, but I’m not seeing at all.

arvcat2

Post by arvcat2 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:22 pm

arvcat2 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:17 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:59 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
I’m not sure how throwing true frosh Hughes out there ahead of Bad Bear, Deden, and Lamardo is a way to build chemistry at the beginning of the season. It’s a small sample size and I don’t go to practice, but I’m not seeing it at all.