WWB vs Carroll

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: WWB vs Carroll

Post by arvcat2 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:07 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:54 pm
Carroll has a very good team and should easily win the Frontier Conf and be in contention nationally. They played very well and hit lots of threes. The Cats did not shoot well at all, so hopefully that improves quickly. If we shoot better, we will be very tough to beat.

Lindsay Hein totally outplayed Jamie Pickens, who I agree is a Big Sky conference level player. That was exciting to see and bodes very well for the future. On the other hand, our other freshman who started, Mia Hughes, really struggled. I am not sure why Lexi Deden is not starting over her. Lexi gives us a bit more height and at least through one game is much better offensively. But Coach Bin sees them every day and I certainly trust her, so I hope Mia just had 1st game jitters.
I completely agree with you regarding Deden. Also, Lamardo started all of last year as a true freshman but didn't start today and Hughes did? Yes, Binford sees them every day and being named a starter isn't the end all be all, but she really perplexes me at times.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:23 pm

Catlady wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:01 pm
Strange game. Lineup makes you scratch your head. 2nd string would probably beat the first string in a pick up game. Gabby didn’t get a minute……. Starting Hughes over Lexi? Bad Bear seems to be foul prone…….. would be better coming off the bench. Limbardo coming off the bench? The new big played even better than advertised. Gonzaga is going to be interesting.

Maybe Binford is keeping some things off film ahead of Gonzaga? I don't know. I doubt this will be the lineups and rotations we'll use most of the season.

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:49 pm

Catlady wrote:
Strange game. Lineup makes you scratch your head. 2nd string would probably beat the first string in a pick up game. Gabby didn’t get a minute……. Starting Hughes over Lexi? Bad Bear seems to be foul prone…….. would be better coming off the bench. Limbardo coming off the bench? The new big played even better than advertised. Gonzaga is going to be interesting.
Binford is a great coach and her results speak for itself, but what weird rotations and lineups. Hard game to watch and the lineups seem out of sync. I agree the second team played a lot better than the first. I didn’t think we played well. First game of the season. Someone needs to sit Darian down and help her understand the role of a point guard. She’s becoming a liability on offense. All the talent on the floor, she needs to focus on distributing the ball, not taking 17 shots!

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:36 pm

Not the prettiest but like someone else said you could tell the difference between the team who was playing their first game and their fifth game!
I’m excited to be in person to see the Cats play Gonzaga on Thursday, going to need to be a little more tuned! Being a Bobcat grad and a current Zag grad student I just hope both teams have fun! 😉

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:09 pm

Ilikecats wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:49 pm
Catlady wrote:
Binford is a great coach and her results speak for itself, but what weird rotations and lineups. Hard game to watch and the lineups seem out of sync. I agree the second team played a lot better than the first. I didn’t think we played well. First game of the season. Someone needs to sit Darian down and help her understand the role of a point guard. She’s becoming a liability on offense. All the talent on the floor, she needs to focus on distributing the ball, not taking 17 shots!
Mixed thoughts on Darian White……. She’s by far often the best player on the floor and when her game is on can quickly take over the game. My concern is that this is a very deep team and they don’t need her to take over the game every night. She needs to get her shots, but if she figured out how effective she can be by sharing the ball, the Cats can go far, very far this year. This team has a lot of very talented players and adding the freshman big to the mix is going to make this the team to watch. It’s definitely Darian’s team, but the team needs her leadership more than her taking so many shots. I’m glad she’s a Bobcat, her defensive skills are off the charts, but she needs to figure out on the nights her offense isn’t there how to utilize her teammates more. Last year, teams figure out how to slow down her drives to the basket. It’s obvious she’s working hard on her jumper, but dishing off to one of her very talented teammates is also going to make a huge difference. She did that a ton her freshman year, when she also had a very talented team on the floor. I thought she tried to do too much last year and she felt the pressure of thinking she had to carry the team.

WyomingGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WyomingGrizFan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:14 am

Catlady wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:09 pm
Ilikecats wrote:
Catlady wrote:
Mixed thoughts on Darian White……. She’s by far often the best player on the floor and when her game is on can quickly take over the game. My concern is that this is a very deep team and they don’t need her to take over the game every night. She needs to get her shots, but if she figured out how effective she can be by sharing the ball, the Cats can go far, very far this year. This team has a lot of very talented players and adding the freshman big to the mix is going to make this the team to watch. It’s definitely Darian’s team, but the team needs her leadership more than her taking so many shots. I’m glad she’s a Bobcat, her defensive skills are off the charts, but she needs to figure out on the nights her offense isn’t there how to utilize her teammates more. Last year, teams figure out how to slow down her drives to the basket. It’s obvious she’s working hard on her jumper, but dishing off to one of her very talented teammates is also going to make a huge difference. She did that a ton her freshman year, when she also had a very talented team on the floor. I thought she tried to do too much last year and she felt the pressure of thinking she had to carry the team.
+1

A while back on 04 November 2017 Carroll defeated Boise State 62 - 61. Carroll played a game against Gonzaga in Spokane 02 November 2018, being defeated, granted, but both Danielle Wagner and Christine Denny played in that game.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:22 pm

Ilikecats wrote:
Catlady wrote:
Multiple times over the last couple years Coach Bin has told fan groups that she experiments with different line-ups early in the season. It helps her see the team chemistry with different groups playing together on the court. It’s her strategy and the final starters will emerge closer to conference…..I’m not too worried about the starters and rotations at this point in season.