Freshman

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Freshman

Post by mslacat » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:45 am

I have been doing a little snooping talking to people about our incoming true freshman. Or Freshman have been on campus for about 3-4 weeks, so I have been wondering, how they are looking. The following is just a little info I have been able to gleam from talking to some folks. Take everything with a grain of salt. Three weeks into the summer, the big surprise of the summer has been the play of 6-7 PF Sam Lecholat who could find himself in the regular rotation playing significant minutes. Great Ososbor is going to be a real good player for the Bobcats. He arrived on campus a little later than the other freshman and his biggest hurdle if adjusting to D1 ball and getting into better shape (weightroom). The coaches are very excited about his potential. The other player they are excited about is freshman Patrick MaHahon. He has been going strait after the veterans offensively, his showing a high level of talent, plus is still growing. They think he has grown a 1/2" in this summer alone and is almost 6-7.

This is a real early look at the freshman, I am told the coaches are pushing them really hard, and all have struggled at one time or another, and there is a lot of time between now and this November 9th. so other players could also start establishing themselves. This looks like a real good recruiting class for the Bobcats.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Freshman

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:52 am

Good stuff mslacat. By chance, have you heard anything on Jasper Reinalda progress? Reason I ask is in casual conversation with one of the players, he said he thought Jasper was going to be better than people thought. But that comment was early so there has been another month of working out since then….was wondering if he continues to develop? A 7’3” kid that can give some good minutes would be a boost too!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Freshman

Post by mslacat » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:02 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:52 am
Good stuff mslacat. By chance, have you heard anything on Jasper Reinalda progress? Reason I ask is in casual conversation with one of the players, he said he thought Jasper was going to be better than people thought. But that comment was early so there has been another month of working out since then….was wondering if he continues to develop? A 7’3” kid that can give some good minutes would be a boost too!
Sorry the way phrased my question was more towards who was having good summer. I have heard, though that the coaches are really pushing the True Freshman hard and it has been difficult for them to catch up with the veterans. I would expect if the same questions were asked 4-8 month from now we might get different answers are the freshman catch up and get more comfortable. I will say this about high seniors about to become college freshman. They almost always underestimate the conditioning D-1 coaches expect and need. not to mention the dedication most veteran players have to the weight room.