Great Osobor

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Great Osobor

Post by AFCAT » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:56 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Great Osobor

Post by imacat » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:01 pm

CONGRATULATIONS Great!!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:00 pm

I can't wait to see this guy play in person.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:06 pm

I probably missed it at some point when he was recruited, but is his first name pronounced as it's spelled, or is there some other phonetic pronunciation like Gree-AT-aye? :lol:

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:08 am

KittieKop wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:06 pm
I probably missed it at some point when he was recruited, but is his first name pronounced as it's spelled, or is there some other phonetic pronunciation like Gree-AT-aye? :lol:
Osobor was recruited last summer and fall and then signed in November. He had interest/offers from Princeton, Drexel Denver. Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Nicholls St, Illinois Chicago and few others. I believe it came down to MSU and Princeton. My guess is if he held out signing until this Spring to sign he might have had quite a few high majors looking at him, but with the Covid recruiting restrictions maybe not. The story on Ososbor is that he was a pretty well recruited guard two years ago (a big burly muscular guard) but in 18 months or so months grew from 6-2 ish to 6-7. I am told he is a solid 6-8 now (we will see what happens when it converted from metric). He has played guard the majority of his basketball career, but is now in an athletic pretty physically imposing power forward body (6-8 230ish). If you look at his highlights from this year it is stalked full of examples of him blocking or getting defensive rebound pushing it the entire court and scoring (usually a dunk) in traffic. He can also shoot the ball out to three point range (although I admit is a little streaky from 3 point range). We have 3 bigmen returning from last year and 3-4 newcomers. I think Osobor is by far the best of the new big men.I he works his but off this summer and fall he has the talent to really push a couple of our returnees. Once he gets accustom to NCAA D-1 ball I could also see him playing both forward spots, if Sprinkle wanted to go with a big power line-up. Finally I am told his first name is pronounced "great"

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:01 am

Sounds like a good get. With the new transfer rules, i just hope we can hold on to him

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:33 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:01 am
Sounds like a good get. With the new transfer rules, i just hope we can hold on to him
Unfortunately, that's exactly where my mind went as well. But at this point, I'd gladly take him as a one and done if he's able to help MSU MBB go dancing for the first time in over a quarter century...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: