Montana-Wyoming Basketball

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Montana-Wyoming Basketball

Post by BobcatDel » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:46 pm

Anyone have a chance to watch Montana-Wyoming basketball games this past weekend? Just curious how the Montana State recruits looked from someone who had eyes on the games. I know Montana swept series per newspaper articles.

On the men’s side Germer averaged 22 points per game. How did Lecholat do on the Wyoming side?

For the women, Hein the 6’6” lady Cat recruit from Forsyth scored 13 the first night and 14 the second. Game was billed as a battle between the 6’4” lady Wyoming recruit and Gatorade player of the year for Wyoming vs Hein.....so curious if Hein held her own on the inside....on the boards and defense?

Thanks....

MTCowpoke22
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Montana-Wyoming Basketball

Post by MTCowpoke22 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:45 am

I did not attend the games, but had family and some friends that did. Coming from them, the boys played well as a team. Germer, Wyman, and Frole-Fair (I'm sure I butchered that name) specifically were mentioned as playing really well together. But then those three have played together for the past three or four years on the Idaho Select team with a lot of success. So, it didn't sound like any one specific player stood out, but they all did well, especially in Billings.
For the girls, it sounded like Hein and the Wyoming gal matched up fairly evenly. Wyoming kept the 1st game close because those two were trading scores back and forth in the paint most of game. In Billings, Montana switched up their D to swarm the post anytime their tall girl had the ball. As for the other girls, they talked about how well Aspen Giese and Gracee Lekvold played.
Probably not the indepth report you were hoping for, but that's the water cooler talk I got.

There's the truth, and then there's what's reported in the papers.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:29 pm

MTCowpoke22 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:45 am
I did not attend the games, but had family and some friends that did. Coming from them, the boys played well as a team. Germer, Wyman, and Frole-Fair (I'm sure I butchered that name) specifically were mentioned as playing really well together. But then those three have played together for the past three or four years on the Idaho Select team with a lot of success. So, it didn't sound like any one specific player stood out, but they all did well, especially in Billings.
For the girls, it sounded like Hein and the Wyoming gal matched up fairly evenly. Wyoming kept the 1st game close because those two were trading scores back and forth in the paint most of game. In Billings, Montana switched up their D to swarm the post anytime their tall girl had the ball. As for the other girls, they talked about how well Aspen Giese and Gracee Lekvold played.
Probably not the indepth report you were hoping for, but that's the water cooler talk I got.
Thank you!

DawsonPirate
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DawsonPirate » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:53 pm

Wyman is the best player in the gym....

Wyoming kids struggled and the MSU kid from Sheridan, Coach Keller had him smothered with double teams especially 2nd game which was stinker.

Both kids RS if my guess.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:59 pm

DawsonPirate wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:53 pm
I've heard that from a lot of people--not just after the MT/WY game but after the AA season as well.

Germer has the frame though...If Wyman was 2-3 inches taller I'm sure he'd be in Bozeman or Missoula.

MTCowpoke22
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MTCowpoke22 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:41 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:59 pm
DawsonPirate wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:53 pm
I've heard that from a lot of people--not just after the MT/WY game but after the AA season as well.

Germer has the frame though...If Wyman was 2-3 inches taller I'm sure he'd be in Bozeman or Missoula.
Instead, He and Caden Handran (who dressed, but didn't play due to injury) are going to light it up at the College of Idaho together.

There's the truth, and then there's what's reported in the papers.