1987 Cat-Griz in Bozeman

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

1987 Cat-Griz in Bozeman

Post by iaafan » Wed May 19, 2021 3:06 pm

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: 1987 Cat-Griz in Bozeman

Post by grizzh8r » Wed May 19, 2021 3:16 pm

Wait... Now there are two versions of this same game on YouTube? So confused...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri May 21, 2021 11:00 pm

Awesome! Makes me wonder what other Bobcat videos are sitting in closets and drawers out there.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat May 22, 2021 7:55 am

In enjoyed that. I was probably off playing in a high school game that day so I never saw this game except the highlights. A lot has changed since back then. Bozeman was less than half the size it is now. 8000 packed into the Fieldhouse and they probably could have put another 1000 in there if they had the seats...which were mostly just bleachers. The football program was tanking and we were about to throw it a concrete life preserver by hiring a coach with an antiquated offense. Basketball, thanks to the Ferch brothers and Domako, was a huge deal in those days. Coaches really had no idea what they had with that easy three point line. Starner used it better than most, but I saw Domako and Shann Ferch not even looking to shoot where Tyler Hall, Harald Frey, or Tori Martell would have been launching. And of course, back then men's basketball did beat the griz every so often. Oh yeah...Larry Frost sucked.