Seniors

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Seniors

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:43 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm
Griz__00 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:43 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 pm
Abdul Mohamed also confirmed to be returning:

https://msubobcats.com/news/2021/6/7/me ... eason.aspx

Can't wait to get back and see both Bobcat basketball teams in person this winter!
Yes! that is huge.

I am really looking forward to Next season! A ton of talent returning on this team.... while it seems like every other team in the league lost everyone to the transfer portal.
I’m sorry, what? The only team that lost significant pieces to the portal was NAU. And all they did to replace that was add a top 80 recruit who averaged a little under 10 PPG for Va Tech. Have you been paying attention to the rest of the league at all? Everyone has gotten better. UNC returns everyone and adds a top 10 JUCO player in the country, already is being touted as the “next Oral Roberts” by one analyst (Sean Paul)who predicted ORU to the sweet 16 before selection Sunday. Weber returns everyone but Brown, and adds a second team All-WAC transfer from UVU as well as a former MWC Freshman of the Year and the most experienced college basketball player in the country next season. UI has an empty roster to fill. EWU lost a lot but has already added some solid pieces. PSU has brought in 3 transfers who all averaged 10+ PPG at their previous D-1 stops. UM returns everyone and adds a bunch of talented transfers and incoming freshman. ISU returns everyone. SUU returns everyone and adds an accomplished D-1 shooter as their only transfer. The only teams you could argue won’t be better next year are EWU and UI. I don’t know how you formed your opinion, but if you’re expecting an easy league next season, you will get everything but that. This will be the most talented the BSC has been in years, maybe even decades.
I just saw that you were the poster, so I didn’t bother reading anything u just said.
Some of what he posted is right on - hopefully, the entire league continues to improve and signs look good about that happening right now.

But, hard to take him too seriously when he says EWU won’t take a step back. They will likely take a gigantic step back. They lost their top 3 guys, including the BSC MVP, as well as their coach. They will take a sizeable step back.

And UM should be better, but the entire university is a dumpster fire. Who knows what else will happen over there, and who else will jump ship? I wouldn’t bet money on them being a top 25 team like 00 thinks they will.

GO CATS GO!!!

Griz__00
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Griz__00 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:46 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:43 am
mslacatfan wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

Can't wait to get back and see both Bobcat basketball teams in person this winter!
Yes! that is huge.

I am really looking forward to Next season! A ton of talent returning on this team.... while it seems like every other team in the league lost everyone to the transfer portal.
I’m sorry, what? The only team that lost significant pieces to the portal was NAU. And all they did to replace that was add a top 80 recruit who averaged a little under 10 PPG for Va Tech. Have you been paying attention to the rest of the league at all? Everyone has gotten better. UNC returns everyone and adds a top 10 JUCO player in the country, already is being touted as the “next Oral Roberts” by one analyst (Sean Paul)who predicted ORU to the sweet 16 before selection Sunday. Weber returns everyone but Brown, and adds a second team All-WAC transfer from UVU as well as a former MWC Freshman of the Year and the most experienced college basketball player in the country next season. UI has an empty roster to fill. EWU lost a lot but has already added some solid pieces. PSU has brought in 3 transfers who all averaged 10+ PPG at their previous D-1 stops. UM returns everyone and adds a bunch of talented transfers and incoming freshman. ISU returns everyone. SUU returns everyone and adds an accomplished D-1 shooter as their only transfer. The only teams you could argue won’t be better next year are EWU and UI. I don’t know how you formed your opinion, but if you’re expecting an easy league next season, you will get everything but that. This will be the most talented the BSC has been in years, maybe even decades.
I just saw that you were the poster, so I didn’t bother reading anything u just said.
Some of what he posted is right on - hopefully, the entire league continues to improve and signs look good about that happening right now.

But, hard to take him too seriously when he says EWU won’t take a step back. They will likely take a gigantic step back. They lost their top 3 guys, including the BSC MVP, as well as their coach. They will take a sizeable step back.

And UM should be better, but the entire university is a dumpster fire. Who knows what else will happen over there, and who else will jump ship? I wouldn’t bet money on them being a top 25 team like 00 thinks they will.
I did say EWU was one of two teams you could successfully argue won’t be better next year. But I don’t think the drop off will be as steep as many think. They still have a large number of roster spots to fill, but the guys they’ve brought in include a 16 PPG, All-Southland transfer, a starter from NCAA tournament team UNCG, and a JUCO All American. It’s just a matter of how the new talent will play together, but by the looks of things, talent won’t be lacking.
Last edited by Griz__00 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:09 am

Griz__00 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:46 am
BozoneCat wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:43 am
mslacatfan wrote:
Griz__00 wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
MSU01 wrote:

Yes! that is huge.

I did say you EWU was one of two teams you could successfully argue won’t be better next year. But I don’t think the drop off will be as steep as many think. They still have a large number of roster spots to fill, but the guys they’ve brought in include a 16 PPG, All-Southland transfer, a starter from NCAA tournament team UNCG, and a JUCO All American. It’s just a matter of how the new talent will play together, but by the looks of things, talent won’t be lacking.
I respectfully disagree. They may have some good talent coming in, but I don’t think it’s as good as the guys they lost, and the coaching change is not a small deal, IMO. He had that team playing so well together, and I think that will make a difference this next year.

GO CATS GO!!!