Holsinger named new Lady Griz head coach

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Holsinger named new Lady Griz head coach

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:54 pm

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Holsinger named new Lady Griz head coach

Post by CatBot » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:17 pm

This poor bastard has one helleva tough road ahead.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:38 pm

Seems like a pretty good hire on paper - hiring a Pac 12 assistant from Oregon has never failed to work out before, right?

He's got a ton of work to do with the Big Sky's top three WBB programs right in his backyard.

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:11 am

I had heard they were going to keep Petrino after a number of boosters threatened to stop support if they hired outside the Griz tree. I think Hallam and the committee were smart to make this hire. You can’t let boosters dictate everything, and I think he will make them a better program relatively quickly.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:59 pm

ibleedblue wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:11 am
I had heard they were going to keep Petrino after a number of boosters threatened to stop support if they hired outside the Griz tree. I think Hallam and the committee were smart to make this hire. You can’t let boosters dictate everything, and I think he will make them a better program relatively quickly.
Unless it’s a football related issue, then the boosters dictate everything Haslam does.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:22 pm

ibleedblue wrote:
I just wanted to go on record saying I believe Petrino did a very good job. He was dealt a pretty tough hand to work with.

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:47 am

There’s a lot not right at The University of Montana and I think over time we’re going to see that across the board...... and not just in the in the women’s basketball program.

Montana State University has developed a culture that is having an impact across the state. President Cruzado has been a difference maker and has turned the University into a regional power in Academics and Athletics. Culture, yes there’s a sense of excitement in everything we do. The infrastructure improvements on campus, the academic quality of our programs and the achievements of our athletes on and off the playing field. MSU leads the state in every area. Obviously, nothing is ever perfect, but I think we’re at the start of something very special. The leadership has been outstanding and I’m confident that the best has yet to come. It’s a great time to be a Bobcat!

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:52 am

imacat wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:22 pm
ibleedblue wrote:
I just wanted to go on record saying I believe Petrino did a very good job. He was dealt a pretty tough hand to work with.
Well said!!!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:53 am

Catlady wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:47 am
There’s a lot not right at The University of Montana and I think over time we’re going to see that across the board...... and not just in the in the women’s basketball program.

Montana State University has developed a culture that is having an impact across the state. President Cruzado has been a difference maker and has turned the University into a regional power in Academics and Athletics. Culture, yes there’s a sense of excitement in everything we do. The infrastructure improvements on campus, the academic quality of our programs and the achievements of our athletes on and off the playing field. MSU leads the state in every area. Obviously, nothing is ever perfect, but I think we’re at the start of something very special. The leadership has been outstanding and I’m confident that the best has yet to come. It’s a great time to be a Bobcat!
Ignore my last post, THIS

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:38 pm

WATCH - Montana Lady Griz Hoops - Brian Holsinger introduced as new UM head coach
https://skylinesportsmt.com/montana-lad ... ead-coach/