WBB next season

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: WBB next season

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:37 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:16 am
Arden is going to be interesting. Somewhere along the way Coach Bin compared her very favorably to Darien. I think if she’s bringing her all the way from Australia then she must be pretty special.
At one meeting she also said Hughes plays like Nordgard in terms of her energy and competitiveness!! So for instance you could have Darian, Darian play alike (Arden) and Nordgaard reincarnated (Hughes) on the floor at the same time playing defense. Then you throw in Beattie, Jackson, Deden, Limardo....and maybe it would grind the other team to a halt! 8-[
Last edited by BobcatDel on Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:19 pm

Catlady wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:01 am
We’ve had that player over the years! The best was Riley Nordgaard! She was the definition of a shut down defender! She would end the game covered with floor burns. Could draw charging fouls with the best of them. Her on court tenacity would often take the competition out of their game. Her hustle and intensity could change a game! Sometimes it got a little personal! 😂 She would often give the hard foul when needed. It would’ve been ugly if Klinker threw an elbow during a game with Riley on the court! 🦾 Riley was our enforcer!

I don’t see Darian as that type of player. She’s talented and does a tremendous job on defense, but I wouldn’t put her on Beyoncé Bea from Idaho or Ors from ISU. Her height is a factor and you’d want to keep her out of foul trouble. I was really impressed with Konate from ISU, she’s going to be a problem for the next 2 years. It’s not my intention to take anything away from Darian. I think Limardo has all the tools to develop into that type of player. Question is does she have the temperament?
When I think of Riley that is exactly what I always remember, the toughness, the competitiveness, the drive!

But for you trivia sorts and as someone else mentioned, we forget what an all-around player she was. She was only a Bobcat for two years having been a transfer from Augustana. A bit like Fallyn we wished we could have had her for all four years. On the defensive side of the ball she led the team in rebounding both years at over 7 per game as a Junior and over 8 per game as a senior. She led the team in steals each year and one of the seasons still ranks in the top 10 of all time. She averaged double digits scoring for both years she was here. She recorded 5 double-double games as a Junior. She averaged 80% at the free throw line. Her 3pt percent shooting was 38.9% and still ranks #1 all time for a lady Bobcat. Her 42.3%shooting as a Junior still ranks #4 all time for a single season rank. And she ranks in the top 10 for 3s made in just 2 seasons. I always wondered what her career stats in all categories would have ranked if she had been here all 4 years?!! They don’t “track” burn marks or times on the floor or bruises induced on others...or I am sure she would be high in those areas too! And others probably noticed, she would talk to herself coming down the court if she made a bad play...it was funny to watch.

Thank you Riley for being a great Bobcat!!!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:33 pm

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:43 pm

Wish her good luck....... tough team for playing time. Kid just wants to hoop!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:08 pm

Well, shucks. At the beginning of the year I nominated her as my “hidden gem” of the recruiting class. I thought she might jump up and surprise folks. The last one that I wrote on my whiteboard at work was Rachel Semansky. I guess I’m only hitting .500 now.

Sydney, good luck — be a star somewhere. I’d feel a little bit better.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:46 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:08 pm
Well, shucks. At the beginning of the year I nominated her as my “hidden gem” of the recruiting class. I thought she might jump up and surprise folks. The last one that I wrote on my whiteboard at work was Rachel Semansky. I guess I’m only hitting .500 now.

Sydney, good luck — be a star somewhere. I’d feel a little bit better.
Yeah. I agree on the potential when she came in. 1st team all-state in Minnesota, nearly 1500 points in high school. Champs with the AAU Fury as a junior. No doubt she can play at some level somewhere. Some kids develop a bit more slowly making the transition and we will never know if she could have come on here too. But it was obvious with the others in this years freshman class it was going to be tough to earn playing time!

Hope she lands in a good spot and is able to play BB!! All the best Sydney!!