Bellach enters the transfer portal

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Bellach enters the transfer portal

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:21 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Bellach enters the transfer portal

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:55 pm

Its really hard to make the jump from Class C to D!. Thanks for giving it your best Caleb, we were all pulling for you.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:56 pm

Oops D1.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:06 pm

That's a bummer. Understandable, but still a bummer.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:24 pm

Bummer, exactly. So he was red-shirting this year?

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:42 am

Coach is trying to win with the best players on the floor. I’m sure Bellach understood that and just wanted to get to a program no matter what the level that he could compete. Happy for him and Coach Sprinkle. It’s a tough business!

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:30 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:24 pm
No he was not redshirting this year. He saw court time in regular season games. This is a “zero” year for everybody thus everyone has an extra year of eligibility.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:13 am

All the best Caleb. And, YES, you will always be a Bobcat.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:27 am

Enjoyed watching you on the court for several years in HS and your time as a Bobcat! Best of luck Caleb.

DawsonPirate
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by DawsonPirate » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:52 pm

This young man probably would be better suited and will play major minutes at a MSUB (or) solid Frontier program Carroll, MT Tech - where I understand his father was Hall of Fame player and played with Huse. You never know... This program is designed for JUCO, foreign players and Sprinkle adds some incoming freshman year over year.... The Patterson kid massively regressed and wonder what is next for him?

Good season run for Sprinkle.....

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:28 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:30 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:24 pm
No he was not redshirting this year. He saw court time in regular season games. This is a “zero” year for everybody thus everyone has an extra year of eligibility.
Duh! Thanks. Red face.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:32 pm

DawsonPirate wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:52 pm
This young man probably would be better suited and will play major minutes at a MSUB (or) solid Frontier program Carroll, MT Tech - where I understand his father was Hall of Fame player and played with Huse. You never know... This program is designed for JUCO, foreign players and Sprinkle adds some incoming freshman year over year.... The Patterson kid massively regressed and wonder what is next for him?

I wrote early when the zero-year was introduced that the ultimate beneficiaries would be D-2, NAIA, etc. A lot of you agreed. And it looks like that is exactly what is happening. That surplus of players from D-1 rosters are spilling down and ultimately the guys at the bottom of the food chain will be displaced.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:11 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:50 pm

He would have three years of eligibility???
Last edited by RickRund on Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:13 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:32 pm
DawsonPirate wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:52 pm

I wrote early when the zero-year was introduced that the ultimate beneficiaries would be D-2, NAIA, etc. A lot of you agreed. And it looks like that is exactly what is happening. That surplus of players from D-1 rosters are spilling down and ultimately the guys at the bottom of the food chain will be displaced.
This.

I have a nephew that grades out at D1 for baseball. He's going to community College next year.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:07 am

Bellach should do excellent at Tech. Follow in his pops footsteps. That guy could flat out shoot the ball.

Good luck Caleb!

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:56 pm

Great life! Play hoops and go to school for free! Congrats, enjoy college life! Doesn’t get much better!

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:32 am

Bellach was the player of the game in last night's Frontier conference championship game.
Tech won by one point.

I caught the last 5 minutes of the game on channel 18.3 last night. It was a great 5 minutes of basketball to watch.
Tech won on a 3 pointer with 2.5 seconds left.

and as a side note. Why can't the Cat/Griz games get Rocky Erickson to do the color commentary or play by play. He is fantastic to listen too.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:46 am

wapiti wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:32 am
Bellach was the player of the game in last night's Frontier conference championship game.
Tech won by one point.

I caught the last 5 minutes of the game on channel 18.3 last night. It was a great 5 minutes of basketball to watch.

and as a side note. Why can't the Cat/Griz games get Rocky Erickson to do the color commentary or play by play. He is fantastic to listen too.
Also, Drew Huse hit the game winning jumper. Drew is the son of former MSU HC, Brad Huse. As a youngster, Drew spent a ton of time in the fieldhouse.

That said, the big controversy is that shot probably shouldn't have counted. The shot clock was showing 0 while the ball was still in Huse's hands. Apparently the Frontier conference doesn't do video replay. Crazy.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:49 am

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:46 am
wapiti wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:32 am
Tech won by one point.

Also, Drew Huse hit the game winning jumper. Drew is the son of former MSU HC, Brad Huse. As a youngster, Drew spent a ton of time in the fieldhouse.

That said, the big controversy is that shot probably shouldn't have counted. The shot clock was showing 0 while the ball was still in Huse's hands. Apparently the Frontier conference doesn't do video replay. Crazy.
I posted this in the other thread too:

It was a great game to watch. Final shot by Drew Huse has some controversy as the shot clock possibly expired prior to the shot??

At first glance I'm not sure Carroll had a single MT high school player play a minute in the game. Tech had at least 6 from MT play. Both teams are really good and fun to watch but as a neutral fan I have to root for the MT boys.