MBB next year squad

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4544
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

MBB next year squad

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:30 pm

Already looking forward to next season.

So if I’m understanding correctly, every player could be returning next year with the “covid situation”. Even the seniors if they want to, correct?

There is a lot of good pieces on this team. If they can take a step forward.... could be a really good squad next year.

Also have some big time talent coming in as true freshman. Excited to see that kid from Alaska, sounds like we got an absolute steal with that one.


FTG- GO CATS GO!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4382
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by MSU01 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:35 pm

Yes, the freshman class next year is very intriguing. Alaska player of the year, Wyoming player of the year, Germer out of Missoula, the 7+ footer from Oregon and then the classic Haslam big man recruit out of England who has been putting up big stats over there. Combine these guys with Tynes and Patterson coming back as sophomores and MSU could have a talented core of players. It'll be interesting to see if Bishop or Adamu return.


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25 48-14

User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6911
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:58 pm

It'll be an interesting off season. We are not a young team. Everybody is eligible to come back but I wonder if guys like Adamu, Bishop, and Mohamed may seek opportunities in Europe or elsewhere. I'd love to see Bishop play in person, but we might be better off with Tynes taking over with Hood as his backup. I'd really love to have Mohamed back. I think he had a lot of rust on him at the beginning of the year, but he was a major part of our success in the tournament. I think Belo and Fernandez's development was stunted by covid quarantines. Fernandez was totally locked down in Spain and couldn't even go to a gym to shoot around. A more normal summer will be huge for this team's development. Patterson needs to live in the weight room and find his jump shot back. I think several of the new kids could be redshirted. With two winning seasons and a tournament run in the bank, Sprinkle will have some time to build from the ground up.



bpcats20
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:13 am

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by bpcats20 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:54 am

Hardest piece to replace will be Muhammad and Adam. Super athletic and very smooth.

On right track.



User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4544
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:08 am

bpcats20 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:54 am
Hardest piece to replace will be Muhammad and Adam. Super athletic and very smooth.

On right track.

I hope that Muhammad comes back. He really came on late in the season and turned out to be a huge contributor.


FTG- GO CATS GO!

duelalumnicat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:09 pm

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by duelalumnicat » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:13 am

I agree. I was surprised by how well Muhammad played in the tournament. I hope he returns.



Willneal
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 7:58 am

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by Willneal » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:08 pm

excited for next year like many others!!!



User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9666
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:14 pm





"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9666
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:30 pm



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4544
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:42 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:30 pm


2 more years of Belo! Hellll yeah!


FTG- GO CATS GO!

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10459
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Upper Northwest WA
Contact:

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by CelticCat » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:43 pm

Colter said Adamu and Bishop will be back.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

imacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by imacat » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:56 am




gtapp
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4216
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:09 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by gtapp » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:55 pm

So I think I heard Sprinkle say he had 2 scholarships to fill due to the departures. How does he find those players this late in the game? The transfer portal? Do you think he was expecting these departures and had a couple players he had his eye on? Do you fill these spots even if you can't find what you are looking for or just leave them open and add them to next years scholarship numbers?


Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4382
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by MSU01 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:04 pm

gtapp wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:55 pm
So I think I heard Sprinkle say he had 2 scholarships to fill due to the departures. How does he find those players this late in the game? The transfer portal? Do you think he was expecting these departures and had a couple players he had his eye on? Do you fill these spots even if you can't find what you are looking for or just leave them open and add them to next years scholarship numbers?
He stated in the article linked above that he is looking at Transfer Portal players.


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25 48-14

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 am

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by wapiti » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:45 am

With several players hitting the transfer portal.

Would Darko-Kelly of Providence in Great Falls be worth pursuing to play for MSU?



Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4000
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by Cataholic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:27 pm

wapiti wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:45 am
With several players hitting the transfer portal.

Would Darko-Kelly of Providence in Great Falls be worth pursuing to play for MSU?
He was a senior this year.



tetoncat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1245
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Montana

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by tetoncat » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:44 pm

But they'll get another year correct.


Sports is not bigger than life

User avatar
LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5216
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Lewistown, MT

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by LTown Cat » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:28 pm

tetoncat wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:44 pm
But they'll get another year correct.
Yes but I believe he’s going to explore his professional options.



User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9666
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:53 am



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BobcatDel
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: MBB next year squad

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:58 am

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:04 pm
gtapp wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:55 pm
So I think I heard Sprinkle say he had 2 scholarships to fill due to the departures. How does he find those players this late in the game? The transfer portal? Do you think he was expecting these departures and had a couple players he had his eye on? Do you fill these spots even if you can't find what you are looking for or just leave them open and add them to next years scholarship numbers?
He stated in the article linked above that he is looking at Transfer Portal players.
Agree. There is north of 500 kids on the men’s side in the portal now. Just me thinking here....as more of the midsize or smaller programs start to learn the impact of reduced athletic budgets and costs for extra scholarships for kids that decide to stick around an extra year due to added year of eligibility...will we see even more in the portal in the next couple months? I think so.



Post Reply