Cats Vs. Eags

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Cats Vs. Eags

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:37 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:53 pm
WYCAT wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:48 pm
How do you just change how you officiate a game after 32 minutes? It's like they just started over the last minute or so
They let the physicality of the game continue to intensify to the point it’s out of control. Now they need to call ticky tacky stuff to dial it back. This is why I don’t “letting them play” a game that, at its core, it not supposed to be a contact sport.
+1

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:45 pm

If there was any doubt that Coach Sprinkle had this team headed in the right direction, in my mind at least there is no doubt at all. I really like next year’s high school recruits. Good job, Danny Sprinkle. Proud of you, and the best is yet to come. It’s been a long wait to say that about men’s basketball. Our football team was in the final four nationally. Both our men’s and women’s basketball teams earned byes into the tournament and won one or more games. Our volleyball team is headed the same way if covid doesn’t put a stuff block on it. There’s always room to go forward but as I said, it’s a great time to be a Bobcat. I’m going to follow volleyball on PlutoTV and just enjoy this feeling for awhile.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:55 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:45 pm
If there was any doubt that Coach Sprinkle had this team headed in the right direction, in my mind at least there is no doubt at all. I really like next year’s high school recruits. Good job, Danny Sprinkle. Proud of you, and the best is yet to come. It’s been a long wait to say that about men’s basketball. Our football team was in the final four nationally. Both our men’s and women’s basketball teams earned byes into the tournament and won one or more games. Our volleyball team is headed the same way if covid doesn’t put a stuff block on it. There’s always room to go forward but as I said, it’s a great time to be a Bobcat. I’m going to follow volleyball on PlutoTV and just enjoy this feeling for awhile.
Bobcat athletics are on an upward trajectory....we had 4 All Americans (3 ski/1 indoor) named on Friday! The women's basketball team will be in the mix for a BSC championship next year and beyond...football is stacked, volleyball is having a great year.......and now Coach Sprink has the men's team heading in the right direction.

Kudos to all involved and a tip of the hat to Leon and Waded...and to Bobcat nation....without the support of the fans...these programs would not be where they are...

Go Cats!!

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:04 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:55 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Bobcat athletics are on an upward trajectory....we had 4 All Americans (3 ski/1 indoor) named on Friday! The women's basketball team will be in the mix for a BSC championship next year and beyond...football is stacked, volleyball is having a great year.......and now Coach Sprink has the men's team heading in the right direction.

Kudos to all involved and a tip of the hat to Leon and Waded...and to Bobcat nation....without the support of the fans...these programs would not be where they are...

Go Cats!!
Right on. MSU has made excellent hires across all programs and the leadership of President Cruzado and AD Costello were key. As for the fans, for those of us who have not been impacted by the pandemic, time to open our wallets just a bit more to keep attracting that talent.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

FTG247365

Post by FTG247365 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:35 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Impressed with what Sprinkle has done in 2 years, can you imagine if he was Head Coach while Tyler Hall was a senior?

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:24 pm

Eastern Washington got a #14 seed against #3 Georgia.

wapiti
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by wapiti » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:11 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:24 pm
They are playing Kansas

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:31 pm

wapiti wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:11 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:24 pm
They are playing Kansas
Kansas was a team specifically mentioned as having COVID issues, and they withdrew from their conference tournament. They are still planning on playing this tournament. It's possible Eags get a reduced capacity opponent, or possibly make the second round on a withdrawal.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:54 pm

The Eags were the better team- all season. They earned that championship. Some quick observations that are pretty general: to get to the level we saw Eastern display all season we need: 1. scorers. 2. Better consistent energy. 3. Better defense.
I thought the cat defense was a bit of a roller coaster this year- our effort was dictated more by emotion rather than principle. Defense isn't sexy. It's hard and doesn't show up in the stats, but it wins games when coupled with a modicum of offensive production. Next steps for the cats should include a more consistent defensive identity with some clutch shooters. Turns out, that's what everybody wants. So what do I know?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

aucat

Post by aucat » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:22 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:54 pm
The Eags were the better team- all season. They earned that championship. Some quick observations that are pretty general: to get to the level we saw Eastern display all season we need: 1. scorers. 2. Better consistent energy. 3. Better defense.
I thought the cat defense was a bit of a roller coaster this year- our effort was dictated more by emotion rather than principle. Defense isn't sexy. It's hard and doesn't show up in the stats, but it wins games when coupled with a modicum of offensive production. Next steps for the cats should include a more consistent defensive identity with some clutch shooters. Turns out, that's what everybody wants. So what do I know?
I would add you just can't over emphasize the importance of having good shooters. If you are ten to fifteen feet away, you need to consistently make that jump shot. We need to make more three pointers. Belo is great on the inside, we need some help coming in next year on the perimeter.

Dang, if we had just gotten off to a good start, we would've been right there at the end.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:43 pm

aucat wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:22 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:54 pm
I would add you just can't over emphasize the importance of having good shooters. If you are ten to fifteen feet away, you need to consistently make that jump shot. We need to make more three pointers. Belo is great on the inside, we need some help coming in next year on the perimeter.

Dang, if we had just gotten off to a good start, we would've been right there at the end.
Shoot, even an average start would have given the cats a punchers chance.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:44 pm

The J-hawks will show EW what speed is really about. Their only chance is if Kansas drops out.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:19 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:44 pm
The J-hawks will show EW what speed is really about. Their only chance is if Kansas drops out.
Be careful....... lots going on with Kansas right now due to Covid. You might end up eating your words. Also when the tourney is over and a BSC champion is crowned, why not support your conference? EWU plays hard and should be what we aspire to as a program. Why do we have to be haters?

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:52 pm

I'm not a hater, just a realist. EWU is very good in the Big Sky and fully deserved the invite. No hate here. In fact, I'm the consummate underdog rooter and would feel good if the Big Sky pulled off a major upset.

Unfortunately, those with the resources have the ability to "buy" skill.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:31 am

thefrank1 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:52 pm
I'm not a hater, just a realist. EWU is very good in the Big Sky and fully deserved the invite. No hate here. In fact, I'm the consummate underdog rooter and would feel good if the Big Sky pulled off a major upset.

Yeah, considering the BSC has won exactly 3 games in the NCAA tourney in the last 39 years, with zero wins in the last 15 years, I don't think anyone should be blasted for saying it would be a monumental upset if EWU managed to beat Kansas. I'll be cheering for them as hard as anyone, and would be ecstatic if they manage to pull it off, but....

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:54 am

John K wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:31 am
thefrank1 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:52 pm

Yeah, considering the BSC has won exactly 3 games in the NCAA tourney in the last 39 years, with zero wins in the last 15 years, I don't think anyone should be blasted for saying it would be a monumental upset if EWU managed to beat Kansas. I'll be cheering for them as hard as anyone, and would be ecstatic if they manage to pull it off, but....
It does feel like this particular season will be especially unpredictable. Experience might matter less than before, because nobody's done this before. Kansas has a guy out, and they just came off a break. You know how MSU looked after a Covid layoff. I don't disagree with you one bit though. I hate to say it, but the BSC is not good on a national level. But this year I could see the pieces coming together. Kansas has the aforementioned issues, plus Eastern is especially good this year at creating their own energy, something that could make a difference in a tournament like this one.

Having said all that, I've thought of ways almost every year a team from the BSC could surprise somebody, and I think I've been wrong every time except the time Weber and Harold Arceneaux won one. Just when I think this is the year Eastern could pull it off, they could get beat by 30.