WBB vs Vandals

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB vs Vandals

Post by technoCat » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:44 pm

Are they going to say something to Klinker about these elbows she's throwing around? She's gonna take someone's head off...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:46 pm

Idaho’s football team should watch this game film.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:46 pm

technoCat wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:44 pm
Are they going to say something to Klinker about these elbows she's throwing around? She's gonna take someone's head off...
Hell of a job by Klinker, if Schofield and the two other clowns aren't going to call anything on you then elbow away.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:55 pm

You can't beat a team that makes the slop shots.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:56 pm

Our freshmen need to live in the weight room and get stronger. What disappointing half. Doesn't take away from a great season. Get better.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:57 pm

Idaho shooting close to 60% this half. That’s tough to beat any day.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:01 am

Seems like I've seen this story before, we have a 6 point lead at halftime, the other team comes out and gets some calls their way and figures out they can rough us up and get away with it and next thing we know we have an insurmountable double digit deficit.

Klinker trying to win an Oscar in the final minutes...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:05 am

Then the griz announcer goes off about how we can’t have that kind of play in the game referring to Skye. My god.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:08 am

Bocephus wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:05 am
Then the griz announcer goes off about how we can’t have that kind of play in the game referring to Skye. My god.
What do you expect from dUMb?

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:08 am

Bocephus wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:05 am
Looked like Skye was in there for one reason.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:11 am

I actually enjoyed the officiating. Let the ladies play and flow of game was nice. Idaho was just tougher. Props to them. Our future is bright I think.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:12 am

Idaho was definitely better in the 2nd half. They just had so much more energy on defense, and their bigs were so much more physical. They got some calls to go their way for sure, and that compounded things.

It's a shame they couldn't play a few weeks ago. I think Klinker and Bea can be planned for, it just seemed like the Cats didn't have the solution for them yet. And yeah, they definitely got some lucky breaks too. It was a lot of factors that made that ugly.

What a season for this young team. If you'd have told me this group would've been a top 3 team and lose a heartbreaker in the semis at the conference tournament, I would've been happy with that. These girls will get better--they'll be in the weight room, they'll be shooting. This group is so loaded with more talent coming. Tough night but great season.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:13 am

Tough result tonight, but a damn fine season from a great group of young ladies and an excellent coaching staff. So proud of our Lady Bobcats!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:15 am

Super frustrated by the outcome tonight but also incredibly proud that the 4th youngest team in the country could accomplish what they did this year! Thanks to Tori and Sidney for many great memories!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:16 am

Can you imagine if the refs let Belo play like that?

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:16 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:11 am
I actually enjoyed the officiating. Let the ladies play and flow of game was nice. Idaho was just tougher. Props to them. Our future is bright I think.
I don't mind it usually. I liked playing physical and like watching it. But it's interesting when you know one way of calling a game is going to give one team such a distinct advantage. At some point you'd think they'd look at it and see it's playing into one team's strengths and the other team just can't do anything about it. I don't know, maybe that's just sour grapes from me. I thought it changed the whole vibe of the game and the Cats were out of it once that happened.

MinnesotaBobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MinnesotaBobcat » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:18 am

I kind of feel like we watched a basketball game in the first half.....then a football game broke out in the second half. Our team is a great basketball team....not so good at football. I’m just glad Klinker didn’t take somebody’s head off throwing all those elbows. Nice season Bobcats....you have a lot to be proud of and the future is bright!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:16 am
ilovethecats wrote:
I don't mind it usually. I liked playing physical and like watching it. But it's interesting when you know one way of calling a game is going to give one team such a distinct advantage. At some point you'd think they'd look at it and see it's playing into one team's strengths and the other team just can't do anything about it. I don't know, maybe that's just sour grapes from me. I thought it changed the whole vibe of the game and the Cats were out of it once that happened.
Ultimately it didn't affect the result of the game. When Idaho is knocking our players down with no calls and then flopping on the other end to draw offensive fouls, it's pretty tough to take at the time. As others have said, time to hit the weight room this off-season!

bpcats20
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bpcats20 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:26 am

Don’t mind physical game, but the refs let Klinker get away with murder all game. We didn’t have an answer...hurt not playing them during regular season. Idaho had an advantage in post play.

Get a legit off-season to add strength and polish to their game add in Klein from Forsyth....watch out Big Sky.

Tremendous heart and hustle shown by this team. Very proud of this those young ladies and the program.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:32 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:16 am
ilovethecats wrote:
This is the fundamental rule of officiating: preventing one player from gaining an unfair advantage over another under the rules. Swinging elbows and leveling players on screens are more than just being physical. They are dangerous and give the offender an unfair advantage. If a team has more physicality, they should be able to exploit it without having to resort to knocking the opponent around like a punching bag. Kudos to Idaho for knowing exactly how much they could get away with.