WBB vs. Sac State-Big Sky tourney

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: WBB vs. Sac State-Big Sky tourney

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:31 am

I think it's easy to look at Sac State's record and think this was a bad win, like MSU should have blown them out by 30. But I believe a team on a hot streak can be a markedly better team than they were the majority of the season. I watched Sac and wondered how they had such a rough season--they're not bad. Obviously they beat a solid lady griz team and came into this one with a little swagger. I like this win for the Bobcats. I know Darian needs to play better and I think she will. Should be a fun one tonight!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:40 am

thefrank1 wrote: ā†‘
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:57 am
Observations from Courtside.

Our defense was outstanding against a very fast opponent. Solid fundamentals and excellent help shut down numerous hornet opportunities. Our bigs really altered and stopped numerous short range shots.

The team was focused and intense. We converted from defense to offense quickly and the focus was downcourt.

Lexi's anticipation on defense was exceptional and her energy going after the ball was the best I've ever seen from her. Her offense was outstanding as always.

As usual, Torri was quietly efficient and produced her normal results.

The team played at a very high level no matter who was in the game.

If we bring the same focus and intensity tonight it will be a great CATS win.
Bragging a little? :D I'm jealous.

Thanks for the observations. There's just no way to really feel the level of intensity without being there.

Tonight's match up has been anticipated for almost a year when the MSU/ UI championship game was canceled. Cheer loud! Go Cats!

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:46 am

Just a little.šŸ˜‰ As much as we all missed the regular season, we weren't going to pass the opportunity. And next year with us all here.......

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:46 pm

I am so glad that we have the "player with the Griz connections" playing so well right now! Griz announcers. Don't you just love 'em?
Yes indeed. I believe Lexi has "BOBCAT CONNECTIONS" these days!!!

Go Cats. They will have to play more consistent tonight to have a chance. As someone said, when we play good, we are dang good. When we play bad, we are bad. Tonight we need to UP the good play, and REDUCE the bad play, and we have a chance.

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:16 pm

aucat wrote: ā†‘
Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:46 pm
I am so glad that we have the "player with the Griz connections" playing so well right now! Griz announcers. Don't you just love 'em?

Go Cats. They will have to play more consistent tonight to have a chance. As someone said, when we play good, we are dang good. When we play bad, we are bad. Tonight we need to UP the good play, and REDUCE the bad play, and we have a chance.
Don't forget Leia Beattie. Quoting her bio "her mother, Kelly (Pilcher) Beattie, was a two-time All-Big Sky Conference selection for the Lady Griz and is listed sixth all-time in assists at UMā€¦in addition, her 15 assists against Boise State and Northern Arizona still rank first in single-game history for the Lady Grizā€¦Beattie's aunt and coach at MCA, Carla (Beattie) Cunneen, is also a former Lady Griz standoutā€¦Cunneen was the 1996 Big Sky Sixth Player of the Year."

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:55 pm

rivercat wrote: ā†‘
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Don't forget Leia Beattie. Quoting her bio "her mother, Kelly (Pilcher) Beattie, was a two-time All-Big Sky Conference selection for the Lady Griz and is listed sixth all-time in assists at UMā€¦in addition, her 15 assists against Boise State and Northern Arizona still rank first in single-game history for the Lady Grizā€¦Beattie's aunt and coach at MCA, Carla (Beattie) Cunneen, is also a former Lady Griz standoutā€¦Cunneen was the 1996 Big Sky Sixth Player of the Year."
Glad I wasn't the only one that was bugged by the non-stop grizz chatter during our game. I could sense how excited they got when Sac started one of their runs, and how (seemingly) disappointed they sounded when the Cats went up 20 points in the 4th quarter. Maybe I'm imagining things. :shrug:

rivercat

Post by rivercat » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:57 pm

Just looked at a betting line for tonight's game. Cats are 3 pt favorites and the over/under is 137. Going to be a good one.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:42 pm

CatBot wrote: ā†‘
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:55 pm
rivercat wrote: ā†‘
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Glad I wasn't the only one that was bugged by the non-stop grizz chatter during our game. I could sense how excited they got when Sac started one of their runs, and how (seemingly) disappointed they sounded when the Cats went up 20 points in the 4th quarter. Maybe I'm imagining things. :shrug:
For sure Redpath is annoying and shouldn't be on the call of a Bobcats game just due to her obvious bias, but I didn't find the play by play gal annoying. She just wasn't very good at calling a game. I thought her post game analysis and camera presence was very good, however. Whereas Redpath seemed to be staring at the right hand leg of the camera tripod the whole time... :roll:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:43 pm

There are several regular broadcast teams around the conference I wouldn't mind hearing call the whole tournament. Don't know why the conference couldn't lock down a team who's used to, and good, at broadcasting and lock them in for tourney time.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?