MBB vs. Sac State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: MBB vs. Sac State

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:53 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:24 am
The bobcats last possession also sums up this season. There is no “go-to” leader out there...

The cats had possession up by 1, with like 30 seconds left had a chance to go up by 3 or 4.... didn’t run any play and ended up settling for some kind of running hook shot by Borja Fernandez (I’m pretty sure that’s who it was).... which didn’t go.... sac goes down and wins.

This team just does not have a Harold Frey type of senior leader that should be demanding the ball in that type of crucial moment. Frustrating to watch.

Hopefully next year Belo develops into that player. The guy is just dominant when he puts his mind to it. I hope he can become more vocal, and be that team leader they are lacking.
Key point for me is that we don't have an offense that can effectively run a play.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

sacstateman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by sacstateman » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:09 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:55 am
Bocephus wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:19 pm
Someone want to elaborate on the foul at the end? I missed the game. Sprinkle seemed pretty mad about it.
They called a foul on Nick Gazeles with 1.7 seconds left on a rebound. The camera angle during the broadcast was behind the basket down low so you couldn’t see the alleged foul so I was pretty upset, like how can you call a foul on with under 2 seconds on a frantic scrum rebound at the end of the game. But I found this angle and a Sac player actually has a great read on a put back and Nick definitely whacks him on the head. Still not sure it’s worth a foul with 1.7 seconds left but I think it probably causes the guy to miss or at least alter his put back shot, so it’s probably a foul.

https://app.box.com/s/d9o3hxof2im2nf0zy3lkhgio9pakxre8

I appreciate your honesty.....I would like to ask something about your play by play guy....For 2 days, he kept calling our #4, Zach Chappell, "Zach Campbell"....now I can understand making a mistake but your color guy had the name correct for both games....the play by play guy even got it right a couple times late in the first game but then went back to "Campbell" and stayed on that thru the whole second game even when the color guy was pronouncing it correct....you would think that someone would clue him in to constant mistakes.....Does the play by play guy not listen to his color guy? Does he do this type of thing often?

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:30 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
Someone want to elaborate on the foul at the end? I missed the game. Sprinkle seemed pretty mad about it.
They called a foul on Nick Gazeles with 1.7 seconds left on a rebound. The camera angle during the broadcast was behind the basket down low so you couldn’t see the alleged foul so I was pretty upset, like how can you call a foul on with under 2 seconds on a frantic scrum rebound at the end of the game. But I found this angle and a Sac player actually has a great read on a put back and Nick definitely whacks him on the head. Still not sure it’s worth a foul with 1.7 seconds left but I think it probably causes the guy to miss or at least alter his put back shot, so it’s probably a foul.

Much better view. Thanks. The way Nick pulls his hands back like he touched a hot stove says “oops, fouled him” pretty loudly.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:39 pm

sacstateman wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:09 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:

I appreciate your honesty.....I would like to ask something about your play by play guy....For 2 days, he kept calling our #4, Zach Chappell, "Zach Campbell"....now I can understand making a mistake but your color guy had the name correct for both games....the play by play guy even got it right a couple times late in the first game but then went back to "Campbell" and stayed on that thru the whole second game even when the color guy was pronouncing it correct....you would think that someone would clue him in to constant mistakes.....Does the play by play guy not listen to his color guy? Does he do this type of thing often?
I listen to all the games, and I think he is usually more accurate. Don’t really know much about him as this is his first year doing basketball here. His bio says his day job in the spring is doing play-by-play for the University of Iowa baseball team. You can always drop them a tweet or something during a game, or between games to the athletic department. I know Montana State would strive to do better, although he’s a Learfield guy. But, hey, I sent our previous guy a note about one of our own player’s names that he was mispronouncing. :shock: