MBB vs. Sac State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

MBB vs. Sac State

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:35 pm

Sac State reaches and grabs a lot and consequently gets call for a lot of fouls. I'm guessing their fan will be on here soon to whine about it.
First half-close game. Both Belo and Kirby have 2 fouls-all dumb ticky-tacky ones where they need to not be reaching.
They have a guy with 4 threes already.
Be nice to get and seal up a winning record anyway-even though our tourney matchup is already sealed.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB vs. Sac State

Post by CelticCat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:43 pm

Kellen Tynes needs more minutes. He plays with more fire than anyone, he is our best on ball defender, active hands. He's going to be a good one.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:47 pm

Down one at the half. They have one guy with 15 points all on threes. Maybe we should guard him?

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:49 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:47 pm
Down one at the half. They have one guy with 15 points all on threes. Maybe we should guard him?
Almost all of his threes have been from 4 feet beyond the arc, or the ones that were close there was a guy in his face. Dude is unconscious right now.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:38 pm

I've watched 10ish games this season. My biggest takeaway is that we don't have a reliable PG to run the offense. Bishop is a really good basketball player, but he isn't a great PG in my opinion. He doesn't have the vision and isn't smart enough with the ball. In general the offense as a whole is sloppy and tries to do too much too often. If Frey was still playing, this team would be closer to the top teams in the conference.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:50 pm

Barely keeping them at arms length with good free throw shooting. We finally play a team that hasn't hit all their free throws. That's the difference right there. 6 point lead with 1:25 left.

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Team10 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:56 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:38 pm
I've watched 10ish games this season. My biggest takeaway is that we don't have a reliable PG to run the offense. Bishop is a really good basketball player, but he isn't a great PG in my opinion. He doesn't have the vision and isn't smart enough with the ball. In general the offense as a whole is sloppy and tries to do too much too often. If Frey was still playing, this team would be closer to the top teams in the conference.
I'm baffled by this comment. What do you think it takes to be a great point guard? He has incredible vision and is by far the best person to create something with the ball in his hands from the outside the arc.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:57 pm

Doing our best to give this game away.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:00 pm

Team10 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:56 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
I'm baffled by this comment. What do you think it takes to be a great point guard? He has incredible vision and is by far the best person to create something with the ball in his hands from the outside the arc.
Somebody who sees the open guys when he gets double teamed above the 3 point line. Dribbling in circles then turning the ball over doesn't do your team any good. Sure sometimes something comes of that, but he does that way too much. In the second half of this game alone he has hurt the team way more than helped. He just looked awful trying to break the press and let Sac State get within 2. Adamu has created way more offense this game than Bishop.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:01 pm

Oh good grief. Now we're missing free throws and throwing it away. Geez

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:08 pm

Phew!. A win is a win. Somebody needs to explain to Tynes about the rules there. Good things happen when you make your free throws.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:08 pm

Someone help me understand the dopey “advance the ball” rule. We called timeout after a Sac free throw. Why did we elect not to advance the ball?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:09 pm

Cats win! I totally forgot they were playing a day game until the final score alert popped up on my phone. The women have a nice lead in Sacramento, much better shooting today than on Wednesday especially from Tori.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:10 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:08 pm
Someone help me understand the dopey “advance the ball” rule. We called timeout after a Sac free throw. Why did we elect not to advance the ball?
That's only in the NBA and women's college b-ball.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:13 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:00 pm
Team10 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:56 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Somebody who sees the open guys when he gets double teamed above the 3 point line. Dribbling in circles then turning the ball over doesn't do your team any good. Sure sometimes something comes of that, but he does that way too much. In the second half of this game alone he has hurt the team way more than helped. He just looked awful trying to break the press and let Sac State get within 2. Adamu has created way more offense this game than Bishop.
Adamu turned the ball over more than Bishop in this game, but they were both walking turnovers today. Bishop had 7 assists, Adamu 0.

We played our best basketball in a while in spurts in this game, but the last 6 minutes was not pretty. We didn't score another FG after Mohamed hit a shot with 5:49 left. Really good second half defensive adjustments, but we are still too sloppy on disjointed on the offense end.

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:14 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:10 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:08 pm
That's only in the NBA and women's college b-ball.
Ahh. Not the men, got it.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:24 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:13 pm
Adamu turned the ball over more than Bishop in this game, but they were both walking turnovers today. Bishop had 7 assists, Adamu 0.
Yeah I wasn't a big fan of either one of them this game. Bishop kept getting himself into trouble and making a mess of things, and Adamu looked like he was on roller skates.

I really wouldn't mind seeing Mohamed be more of a ball hog. The guy is really skilled and really long and tough to stop. His back to back threes early in the half made the difference-I don't think we ever trailed after those.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:47 pm

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:08 pm

Who's bright idea was it to schedule a game early afternoon on a Friday? So dumb.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:40 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:08 pm
Who's bright idea was it to schedule a game early afternoon on a Friday? So dumb.
Silver lining...games will be at weird times during the Big Sky tournament. Also good to get a series in with back to back games without a day in between-like the tournament. I doubt that was the reason. Probably had to reschedule to Friday for covid reasons and they wanted to have enough time between games whilst starting the game on Saturday at 11AM so Sac can catch their flight out of here.