Martell

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Martell

Post by Catlady » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:17 am

I know this is a little late, but it just popped in my head! With the win over ISU being Tori’s last game in the Brick, is it possible to end on a higher note?

The 3 to put us into overtime and with the offensive barrage in overtime. It’s almost as if she knew it was her time to make a statement!

Talk about Senior leadership!

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: Martell

Post by CatBot » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:05 am

Absolutely. She's a classic x-factor player, and if I were an opponent trying to prepare for the Cats, I'd be most concerned about Martell. You can game plan for several elements that the Cats possess: you can come into a came expecting a 40 minute sprint and prepare accordingly and you can come with a plan to be more physical. But there's nothing you can do if Martell gets hot. As hard as you want to deny her the ball, she'll still get it eventually and snap off a shot. Truly an impressive player.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:43 pm

Even more impressive (and important), Tori will be graduating in Nursing (currently has a 4.0 gpa) while playing playing basketball at a high level.

msubobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by msubobcat » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 pm

I am assuming she is not going to play here next year?

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:57 pm

Binford announces during the post game show that Tori Martell has been invited to the NCAA tournament slam dunk and three point contest in Indianapolis in April. It'll be on ESPN 2. How cool is that!

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:36 pm

I don’t think she’s going to do well in the slam dunk contest! 😂😂

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:20 am

Ilikecats wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:36 pm
I don’t think she’s going to do well in the slam dunk contest! 😂😂
You called it first! But what an honor to be in that three-point contest. I remember when we recruited her that she had won an all-state contest in Wisconsin. She’ll do well.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:24 am

I remember once I was at a home game and Tori got the ball wide open and passed up the shot. I immediately and instinctively yelled, "Tori, you've got to take that shot!" The lady sitting next to me said, "I tell her that all the time. I'm her Mom!" We had a good laugh. But I got to thinking about the fact that we only have two seniors this year. I am going to propose to Leon that next year we try our best invite this year's two seniors back for Senior Night, 2022. They deserve it.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:48 pm

Does this mean neither of our seniors will be back as super-seniors since this year doesn’t count against eligibility?

Since Sidney is only a redshirt sophomore (I think that’s right) in eligibility and is graduating she could certainly grad transfer somewhere and keep playing, probably until she earns her PhD! A good way to pay for school, if she is healthy. Good grief, she must be the best guard in the Big Sky that doesn’t get actual minutes. If someone wants a shooter...

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:04 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:48 pm
Does this mean neither of our seniors will be back as super-seniors since this year doesn’t count against eligibility?

Since Sidney is only a redshirt sophomore (I think that’s right) in eligibility and is graduating she could certainly grad transfer somewhere and keep playing, probably until she earns her PhD! A good way to pay for school, if she is healthy. Good grief, she must be the best guard in the Big Sky that doesn’t get actual minutes. If someone wants a shooter...
Coach was asked that at one presser. She wouldn’t answer directly.... basically said she sits down with each player at the end of the season on discussions like this.

I have said it on other posts....Sidney has eligibility left to play 3 years. But she told us she was taking her MCATs then deciding where to go for medical school. I think it will depend on where she ends up and if she wants to continue playing BB or focus on career.

Tori has previously said she is looking at a number of options in the medical field, getting to work, etc. Would she want to come back and work on her masters degree and play another year.... or does she want to move on with life? My bet is she moves on with life but we will see in another month or so.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:06 pm

aucat wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:24 am
I remember once I was at a home game and Tori got the ball wide open and passed up the shot. I immediately and instinctively yelled, "Tori, you've got to take that shot!" The lady sitting next to me said, "I tell her that all the time. I'm her Mom!" We had a good laugh. But I got to thinking about the fact that we only have two seniors this year. I am going to propose to Leon that next year we try our best invite this year's two seniors back for Senior Night, 2022. They deserve it.
That would be a nice gesture.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:24 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:04 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:48 pm

Coach was asked that at one presser. She wouldn’t answer directly.... basically said she sits down with each player at the end of the season on discussions like this.

I have said it on other posts....Sidney has eligibility left to play 3 years. But she told us she was taking her MCATs then deciding where to go for medical school. I think it will depend on where she ends up and if she wants to continue playing BB or focus on career.

Tori has previously said she is looking at a number of options in the medical field, getting to work, etc. Would she want to come back and work on her masters degree and play another year.... or does she want to move on with life? My bet is she moves on with life but we will see in another month or so.
We simply need to quit recruiting these high-academic achievers. :lol: Sidney’s accomplishment is simply amazing, to be taking a difficult course load and graduating already. Very good of volleyball to pitch in to help celebrate. Too bad they couldn’t do something for seniors during the TV broadcasts from Boise, since none of the teams got a traditional senior night even if they were home. Live wouldn’t work very well, but some little bios before their games would be great. They probably should do that every year anyway.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:26 am

Nice interview with Tori Martell last night on NBC Montana as she preps to head to the NCAA Final Four and the 3 point shooting contest.

https://nbcmontana.com/sports/local-spo ... ampionship

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:11 pm

She was a member of the 3 person team competition that won. Not sure how they bracketed that. Hope she does well in the 3 point competition.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:23 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:55 pm

She's in the final 4!

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:03 pm

She's in the chipper! Let's go!

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:09 pm

Go ahead AFCAT..let us know!!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:10 pm

Tori is the CHAMPION! She got better each round! Wooohooo!

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:12 pm

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act