MBB at Idaho

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: MBB at Idaho

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:57 pm

Bobcats with a commanding 2 point lead over the formerly worst team in the country. Sprinkle threw the kitchen sink at them, playing everyone on the roster and trying a 1-3-1 zone. UI just lobbed it deep over the zone and their bigs worked over ours at the rim. Both starting centers for both teams have 2 fouls. Their back up big has 3 fouls We continue to throw it away or dribble it off our feet. I think we're 1-7 from three. Adamu has the free throw line jumper working-he's the only one on our team that looks like he knows what he's doing...until he dribbled it off his foot on our last possession.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:19 pm

Another conference free throw shooting contest and offensive foul b.s. Nobody can set a screen in this conference????

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:24 pm

I’m digging the scouting film aspect of this Pluto telecast.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:39 pm

Bobcats with a very blowable 9 point lead. Tynes has made a big difference defensively-even though he fouled a three point shooter. I can't remember the last time an opponent missed a free throw against us.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:44 pm

This Vandal announcer just tells it like it is just straight down the middle.

Bishop has hit three 3's this half. Still just a 10 point lead with 4:22 left.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:48 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:24 pm
Yeah me too. You can really see some things.

This is the likely the last ever men's basketball game to be played in Memorial Gym. UI is moving into tha brand new arena next season. Memorial Gym where they are playing today is older than Romney Gym I believe. That's our fun fact for the day.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:53 pm

Like Tynes effort again today.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:59 pm

Cats win! Hope they can get a couple more wins next week at home against Sac State to build some confidence and momentum back up heading into the conference tournament. Not sure if it's realistic for them to win more than a game there though, as EWU is rolling through everyone right now.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:01 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:48 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:24 pm
Yeah me too. You can really see some things.

This is the likely the last ever men's basketball game to be played in Memorial Gym. UI is moving into tha brand new arena next season. Memorial Gym where they are playing today is older than Romney Gym I believe. That's our fun fact for the day.
Interesting history.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:01 pm

Bobcats win by 10. Yay. We're done with February. Two last home games against Sac State-who lost two very close ones to Weber this weekend. Hopefully with a week of practice our guys can learn how to play basketball again.

Tynes was the player of the week in my opinion.
Mohamed quietly had a pretty nice game. I think he needs to be more assertive on offense, but he disappears for long stretches.
Adamu had a very good game.
Bishop did a better job of not trying too hard and getting himself in trouble.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:15 pm

Agree with your comments. Adamu when he is on his game brings the energy like Jackson does for the women. Belo only got 12 tonight vs 24 on Friday. But that guy has to feel like he has been through a thrashing. He gets worked over pretty well every game.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:26 pm

Given the circumstances of this season, I'm really impressed with what Sprinkle has in the offing. This group of misfits thrown together as a stop-gap while the young coach gets those he's recruited for next year could come together in the tournament, play together and surprise people. Or they'll just quit and look like they're glad the season's over. Hope the kids decide to play ball, but a couple had attitude issues and their body language was kind of embarrassing, even in an empty gym.

I hope the young coach goes into Wilt Chamberlain territory (and Roger Craft) for more than guards in the future...

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:34 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:26 pm
I hope the young coach goes into Wilt Chamberlain territory (and Roger Craft) for more than guards in the future...
Next year's five signees range in size from 6'6" to 7'3". We'll look pretty impressive walking through the airport if nothing else!. It's going to be an interesting off season.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:56 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:34 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:26 pm
Next year's five signees range in size from 6'6" to 7'3". We'll look pretty impressive walking through the airport if nothing else!. It's going to be an interesting off season.
I'm looking forward to next year. Our two kids this year from the K.C. area impressed me but I've always enjoyed watching good guards. Next year, the Cats will have plenty of length and lots of kids who can destroy a zone. But, this group this year can still make a good run. I want to see Hood again...