WBB - Saturday Senior Night Recognition

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

WBB - Saturday Senior Night Recognition

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:31 pm

Senior Night Recognition for Tori Martell and Sidney Zieski........ I have attached a letter from Coach Binford to the WBB FB Club members. Since their will be no WBB games with Idaho, the Volleyball Team has stepped up to allow recognition of Tori and Sidney for their Bobcat careers at the VB games on Saturday. Those who want to see the recognition can tune in to the Volleyball game on Pluto. I'm glad Tori and Sidney parents will get to see them recognized. Wished I could be there. Proud of the way they adapt to challenging times.

And a plug for joining the FB Club next year. Memberships start at $300 and go up to $1000. Tricia brings in one of the players every Monday to meet with the FB club members....to share their stories and let you ask questions. She shows film to analyze the past weekend and talks about what to watch in the next opponent. And of course you get to recognize them at events like this coming Monday for Tori and Sidney..... and in "normal" years a season ending dinner.

Letter from Coach Binford
To our beloved Fast Break supporters,

I will be the first (but probably not only) to say that this 2020-21 Season has been challenging and at the same time one of the most rewarding as our young ladies continue to shine in the face of obstacles and curve balls.

Although we will not get to celebrate two amazing examples in our program in the Fieldhouse this weekend our Head Volleyball Coach Daniel Jones generously reached out with the offer to honor our seniors during the MSU Volleyball match this Saturday which is set to air at 5:00 p.m. on Pluto TV channel 1057.

If you are able to watch, we will be recognizing Tori Martell and Sidney Zieske during the match intermission (between the second and third sets) & showcasing their impact on MSU Women’s Basketball.

Tori Martell will go down in the Montana State history books as one of the best shooters of all time as we remember one of the most CLUTCH shots in Bobcat history happening last weekend in Tori’s final game on her home court. She has been a champion on the court as a Top Reserve, Big Sky Champion and 4.0 student with her degree from our prestigious nursing program.

Sidney Zieske will be remembered as one of the program’s most selfless teammates who showed up every day to make her teammates better. We remember the bench celebrating Sidney last year when she drained multiple 3’s in the final minutes against Portland State. She will complete her degree as an Honors Student in Health & Human Performance this summer in just three years.

For some fun news, Tori and Sidney will be joining us on our final Fast Break meeting this upcoming Monday at noon if you have anything you would like to share as I know we are all so very proud of them.

I want to thank all of you for your support as we continue to build our culture of excellence on the court, classroom and this amazing community.

Go Cats!

Tricia Binford
Head Women's Basketball Coach

aucat

Re: WBB - Saturday Senior Night Recognition

Post by aucat » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:57 pm

Yes, what a shame we can't honor them in person. A couple of years ago I remember a game when Tori got the ball wide open and passed up the shot. I couldn't keep quiet. I shouted "Tori! You gotta take that shot!" Little did I know her Mom was sitting next to me and she said, "That's what I tell her all the time!" We had a good laugh but seriously it has been gratifying to watch her develop into one of MSU's all time best shooters from 3 point.

Now, didn't I read somewhere about players not losing this years' eligibility? Or is that in football?

Go Cats! Let's hope we get the two games in against Sac State and then into the tournament, which this MSU team DOES have a chance at winning!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:14 pm

Having someone as clutch as Tori is in the healthcare profession is good for all of us!

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:22 pm

aucat wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:57 pm
Yes, what a shame we can't honor them in person. A couple of years ago I remember a game when Tori got the ball wide open and passed up the shot. I couldn't keep quiet. I shouted "Tori! You gotta take that shot!" Little did I know her Mom was sitting next to me and she said, "That's what I tell her all the time!" We had a good laugh but seriously it has been gratifying to watch her develop into one of MSU's all time best shooters from 3 point.

Now, didn't I read somewhere about players not losing this years' eligibility? Or is that in football?

Go Cats! Let's hope we get the two games in against Sac State and then into the tournament, which this MSU team DOES have a chance at winning!
They get an extra year of eligibility for basketball also.

But Sidney probably sees the handwriting on the wall with all the good young kids coming in and the fact she is graduating in three years in an Honors program, she probably has better things to do. Guess she could move on to another school and try to earn her way on the team. Will be interesting to hear what she has to say to FB club.

Tori could certainly stay another year and continue to contribute to the team next year as a starter...... But a 4.0 in nursing? In high demand in the medical field right now? Perhaps time to move on with life. I know she wanted to work awhile then potentially consider an advanced degree or PA type role. Will be interesting to hear her story too. Tori is a pretty modest young lady but has really grown as a person and player in 4 years.

Ha! On sitting beside Tori's mom. I would probably have put my foot in my mouth....you are more "civil" than me!

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:32 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:14 pm
Having someone as clutch as Tori is in the healthcare profession is good for all of us!
Haha. I told my dad she needs to be an ER nurse. Cool under pressure.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

FMFP_PHOTO
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by FMFP_PHOTO » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:26 pm

Hello BobcatNation,

Here is the link to last night's volleyball match vs PSU

https://fmfp-photo.photoshelter.com/gal ... 9VTgIqqS4/

Posting here because of the Senior honors to Tori and Sidney...

Cheers, Felix
www.bobcatmagazines.com
Last edited by FMFP_PHOTO on Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:44 pm

Thanks Felix!