This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10459
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Upper Northwest WA
Contact:

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by CelticCat » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:05 am

DawsonPirate wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:29 pm
This week with curiosity I watched every minute of the doubleheader of the MSU/EWU men's game. There is NO comparison of the talent and the team chemistry EWU exhibited.... The Bishop kid that left UMKC, I assume MSU expected huge dividends, but be honest the WAC is a poor conference and this player was non-existent vs. EWU.

Again watching for first time 2020-21 season _ why ALL the foreign players? Truthfully can you not find quality players in the eight (8) Western States? The staff supporting Sprinkle, he needs to think real hard? This program is not improved and 2020-21 and going into 2022, the favorite son who I want to see succeed; will not improve if handcuffed with the current roster numbers.

So here is the question to the site _ Who remains on the roster for 2021-22 and with pending NCAA rules of carry over from Covid-19 cost to the athletic budget needs to also be in the consideration.

Your foreign players cost your athletic department big time from OPEX standpoint, do you keep senior around for 6th year like a Kirby, and then waht players does the staff run-off, opening for the commitments coming in from HS and here we go again, Coach H bringing in more over rated global ballers and killing the $$$ Costello does not have.

Today you are getting blown and out coached ___ Walk-on and Manhatten Christian kid, go to practice and cheer on their teammates and don't get one minute. IMO poor statement from the boss (or) wanting run players off!

If there was NO Covid-19 this is 6-8 place team as I mentioned at the beginning of the year.

Don't sleep on Idaho State. Predicting a split.
Image


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:50 pm
Location: Butte

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by Ilikecats » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:58 am

DawsonPirate wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:29 pm
This week with curiosity I watched every minute of the doubleheader of the MSU/EWU men's game. There is NO comparison of the talent and the team chemistry EWU exhibited.... The Bishop kid that left UMKC, I assume MSU expected huge dividends, but be honest the WAC is a poor conference and this player was non-existent vs. EWU.

Again watching for first time 2020-21 season _ why ALL the foreign players? Truthfully can you not find quality players in the eight (8) Western States? The staff supporting Sprinkle, he needs to think real hard? This program is not improved and 2020-21 and going into 2022, the favorite son who I want to see succeed; will not improve if handcuffed with the current roster numbers.

So here is the question to the site _ Who remains on the roster for 2021-22 and with pending NCAA rules of carry over from Covid-19 cost to the athletic budget needs to also be in the consideration.

Your foreign players cost your athletic department big time from OPEX standpoint, do you keep senior around for 6th year like a Kirby, and then waht players does the staff run-off, opening for the commitments coming in from HS and here we go again, Coach H bringing in more over rated global ballers and killing the $$$ Costello does not have.

Today you are getting blown and out coached ___ Walk-on and Manhatten Christian kid, go to practice and cheer on their teammates and don't get one minute. IMO poor statement from the boss (or) wanting run players off!

If there was NO Covid-19 this is 6-8 place team as I mentioned at the beginning of the year.

Don't sleep on Idaho State. Predicting a split.
Dawsonpirate...... you’ve been quiet after this totally out of your mind post. Might be a good time to eat crow. Amazing that Sprinkle had his team in the championship game in his second season. Your post didn’t age well, but keep trolling!



DawsonPirate
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by DawsonPirate » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:42 pm

Been busy been quite of late.... Yea made it to the Big Sky championship congrats.....

As for my projections ___ off by two (2) spots... Think about Covid... Bobcats did not go Sacramento, Idaho State games canceled so the whole thing was asterik for ALL teams. Agree?

Now next year ___ Sprinkle was on You Tube, reload with pretty much same team, losing two players and Kirby is NO loss. First thing on the You Tube, Sprinkle quoted have to find three (3) players from the portal. Correct?

My point is the future through developing through HS recruiting (or) developing your roster spots from JUCO, portal and foreign players... Check Sprinkle background from Northridge, MSU, Fullerton and now back to MSU. Plus his staff is JUCO, foreign and portal and designed that way. Not one of the current assistants has strong Western HS/AAU program backgrounds.. Yes (or) No?

Next year foundation and three (3) key players are 4-6 years of college play YTD.

Sprinkle history good guy __ Question is JUCO/foreign/portal..... The HS players may be good in Alaska and Wyoming, but who else was beating their doors down. Not many.... Sprinkle needs penetration in Portland and Seattle are correct?



User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6108
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:07 pm

DawsonPirate wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:42 pm
Been busy been quite of late.... Yea made it to the Big Sky championship congrats.....

As for my projections ___ off by two (2) spots... Think about Covid... Bobcats did not go Sacramento, Idaho State games canceled so the whole thing was asterik for ALL teams. Agree?

Now next year ___ Sprinkle was on You Tube, reload with pretty much same team, losing two players and Kirby is NO loss. First thing on the You Tube, Sprinkle quoted have to find three (3) players from the portal. Correct?

My point is the future through developing through HS recruiting (or) developing your roster spots from JUCO, portal and foreign players... Check Sprinkle background from Northridge, MSU, Fullerton and now back to MSU. Plus his staff is JUCO, foreign and portal and designed that way. Not one of the current assistants has strong Western HS/AAU program backgrounds.. Yes (or) No?

Next year foundation and three (3) key players are 4-6 years of college play YTD.

Sprinkle history good guy __ Question is JUCO/foreign/portal..... The HS players may be good in Alaska and Wyoming, but who else was beating their doors down. Not many.... Sprinkle needs penetration in Portland and Seattle are correct?
Man, what is your agenda?

First of all, basketball is now an international sport, is it not? Some of the best players in the current game (pro, college and otherwise) are foreign born. Second of all, MSU is a low major school. Which means they get the scraps domestically from the players who don't go to the mid-major and Power 5 conference programs. That's why so many coaches at this level recruit internationally and JUCO programs. Less competition from the big programs. So why on earth would Sprinkle limit himself to recruiting just the northwest? And only HS players to boot? You're being obtuse, and/or have an axe to grind.


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4006
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by Cataholic » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:47 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:07 pm
DawsonPirate wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:42 pm
Been busy been quite of late.... Yea made it to the Big Sky championship congrats.....

As for my projections ___ off by two (2) spots... Think about Covid... Bobcats did not go Sacramento, Idaho State games canceled so the whole thing was asterik for ALL teams. Agree?

Now next year ___ Sprinkle was on You Tube, reload with pretty much same team, losing two players and Kirby is NO loss. First thing on the You Tube, Sprinkle quoted have to find three (3) players from the portal. Correct?

My point is the future through developing through HS recruiting (or) developing your roster spots from JUCO, portal and foreign players... Check Sprinkle background from Northridge, MSU, Fullerton and now back to MSU. Plus his staff is JUCO, foreign and portal and designed that way. Not one of the current assistants has strong Western HS/AAU program backgrounds.. Yes (or) No?

Next year foundation and three (3) key players are 4-6 years of college play YTD.

Sprinkle history good guy __ Question is JUCO/foreign/portal..... The HS players may be good in Alaska and Wyoming, but who else was beating their doors down. Not many.... Sprinkle needs penetration in Portland and Seattle are correct?
Man, what is your agenda?

First of all, basketball is now an international sport, is it not? Some of the best players in the current game (pro, college and otherwise) are foreign born. Second of all, MSU is a low major school. Which means they get the scraps domestically from the players who don't go to the mid-major and Power 5 conference programs. That's why so many coaches at this level recruit internationally and JUCO programs. Less competition from the big programs. So why on earth would Sprinkle limit himself to recruiting just the northwest? And only HS players to boot? You're being obtuse, and/or have an axe to grind.
This guy must have some personal grudge against Sprinkle or MSU. We have our most successful season in years and this is guy is trying to tear down Sprinkle? And I really like our incoming class. Just watch the tape on the kid from Alaska and it will erase any concerns about talent.



Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:47 am

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by Catlady » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:11 pm

Sprinkle stole his girl back in College. Nothing else makes sense! 😂



User avatar
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired
Posts: 2566
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: Back in the US, but not home

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:44 am

I'll tell you what. When Sprinkle was hired, I was not sure if he was the right guy or if they were hiring the guy the boosters liked because of his history. If someone had asked me at that time, "what would it take to set your mind at ease?" I would have asked for something less than a second-place finish in his second year, that's for sure!


"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

DawsonPirate
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by DawsonPirate » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:40 am

Not anti-Bobcat or Sprinkle guy and setting record straight.

I'm not a huge fan of building a program with JUCO players and foreign player year after year. Fish did and looking at Sprinkle's staff it is JUCO and foreign players.... That is my view from a far and not negative an opinion.

So next season, three players will carry load and again as You Tube/local TV w/ Sprinkle, program he states has to get three solid transfer portal players. That's it not, not a shot but, tells you the make-up and probably for years to come. Roll dice on JUCO and incoming overseas players. Always baggage of some sorts.... Character, playing time issues, academic and even social issues....

Good luck in 2021-22 and will see in the fall when the preseason rankings are released.

Have a great summer!



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10459
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Upper Northwest WA
Contact:

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by CelticCat » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:19 am

I'd love to have a program build from freshman but unfortunately those are the exception to the rule these days. I think you have to blend them, and if you take transfers the more years of eligibility the better. But you also have to realize 20% of your roster is likely to transfer out every year.

I am curious as to what your issue is with foreign players? You say baggage, but I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone ever say that about international payers before?


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4383
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by MSU01 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:32 am

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:19 am
I'd love to have a program build from freshman but unfortunately those are the exception to the rule these days. I think you have to blend them, and if you take transfers the more years of eligibility the better. But you also have to realize 20% of your roster is likely to transfer out every year.

I am curious as to what your issue is with foreign players? You say baggage, but I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone ever say that about international payers before?
I am wondering what type of "baggage" Harald Frey showed up to Bozeman with. All I can think of is an extra suitcase to take his Big Sky Freshman of the Year and All-Conference trophies back home to Norway after he graduated.


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25 48-14

User avatar
BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6912
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: Belgrade, Montana

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:35 am

EWU has been loaded with Australians. It's just killing that program.



User avatar
AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3719
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:58 am



QB Club
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

User avatar
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired
Posts: 2566
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: Back in the US, but not home

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:29 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:32 am
CelticCat wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:19 am
I'd love to have a program build from freshman but unfortunately those are the exception to the rule these days. I think you have to blend them, and if you take transfers the more years of eligibility the better. But you also have to realize 20% of your roster is likely to transfer out every year.

I am curious as to what your issue is with foreign players? You say baggage, but I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone ever say that about international payers before?
I am wondering what type of "baggage" Harald Frey showed up to Bozeman with. All I can think of is an extra suitcase to take his Big Sky Freshman of the Year and All-Conference trophies back home to Norway after he graduated.
The only thing I can imagine is visa issues behind the scenes. Talk about a kid who just showed up and did his job. He also had a 3.75 GPA.


"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6108
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:08 am

DawsonPirate wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:40 am
Not anti-Bobcat or Sprinkle guy and setting record straight.

I'm not a huge fan of building a program with JUCO players and foreign player year after year. Fish did and looking at Sprinkle's staff it is JUCO and foreign players.... That is my view from a far and not negative an opinion.

So next season, three players will carry load and again as You Tube/local TV w/ Sprinkle, program he states has to get three solid transfer portal players. That's it not, not a shot but, tells you the make-up and probably for years to come. Roll dice on JUCO and incoming overseas players. Always baggage of some sorts.... Character, playing time issues, academic and even social issues....

Good luck in 2021-22 and will see in the fall when the preseason rankings are released.

Have a great summer!
Xenophobic much? Get a life, hater.


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

User avatar
AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3719
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by AFCAT » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:37 pm

DawsonPirate wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:40 am
Not anti-Bobcat or Sprinkle guy and setting record straight.

I'm not a huge fan of building a program with JUCO players and foreign player year after year. Fish did and looking at Sprinkle's staff it is JUCO and foreign players.... That is my view from a far and not negative an opinion.

So next season, three players will carry load and again as You Tube/local TV w/ Sprinkle, program he states has to get three solid transfer portal players. That's it not, not a shot but, tells you the make-up and probably for years to come. Roll dice on JUCO and incoming overseas players. Always baggage of some sorts.... Character, playing time issues, academic and even social issues....

Good luck in 2021-22 and will see in the fall when the preseason rankings are released.

Have a great summer!
Care to fill us in on what "character, playing time, academic, and even social issues" the current MSU foreign and JUCO players have?


QB Club
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:47 am

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by Catlady » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:41 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:37 pm
DawsonPirate wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:40 am
Not anti-Bobcat or Sprinkle guy and setting record straight.

I'm not a huge fan of building a program with JUCO players and foreign player year after year. Fish did and looking at Sprinkle's staff it is JUCO and foreign players.... That is my view from a far and not negative an opinion.

So next season, three players will carry load and again as You Tube/local TV w/ Sprinkle, program he states has to get three solid transfer portal players. That's it not, not a shot but, tells you the make-up and probably for years to come. Roll dice on JUCO and incoming overseas players. Always baggage of some sorts.... Character, playing time issues, academic and even social issues....

Good luck in 2021-22 and will see in the fall when the preseason rankings are released.

Have a great summer!
Care to fill us in on what "character, playing time, academic, and even social issues" the current MSU foreign and JUCO players have?
You could take this post retro it 50 years back and they were saying the same thing about players of color. Always baggage of sorts....Character, Playing time, academics and of course social issues! Just a horrible post! Sad to read!



User avatar
SACCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2386
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:27 am
Location: SPECTATORS

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by SACCAT » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:32 am

Catlady wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:11 pm
Sprinkle stole his girl back in College. Nothing else makes sense! 😂
I know the guy who lost his girl to Sprinkle in College... this isn't him.



User avatar
D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:23 am
Location: Bozeman, MT

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by D-Wreck » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:28 am

SACCAT wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:32 am
Catlady wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:11 pm
Sprinkle stole his girl back in College. Nothing else makes sense! 😂
I know the guy who lost his girl to Sprinkle in College... this isn't him.
What makes you think there was only one? :lol:



3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:30 am

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by 3-7-77 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:57 am

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:28 am
I think Dawson Pirate is a troll.
He's been around for 13 years and has a whopping 56 posts. Troll? Really? Do your homework BEFORE running your mouth. It would take all of 15 minutes to read all of his posts. I know, I did read them. He gives his opinion, provides the 'as evidenced by' for backup information, and makes conclusions, AS HE SEES IT.
Then he gets attacked by the usual crowd, as xenophobic, etc. For Christssake refute his arguments, point by point, or STFU! BN is no better than eGriz, and some of you are, or probably are, the same people. Whatever happened to thoughtful debate? Simple answer, posters on BN are not capable of thoughtful discussion, with a few notable exceptions. High on that list of great posters is ilovethecats. :thumbup:


"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5061
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: This program has serious decisions on 2021-22 (Meaning Sprinkle)

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:24 am

3-7-77 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:57 am
Cataholic wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:28 am
I think Dawson Pirate is a troll.
He's been around for 13 years and has a whopping 56 posts. Troll? Really? Do your homework BEFORE running your mouth. It would take all of 15 minutes to read all of his posts. I know, I did read them. He gives his opinion, provides the 'as evidenced by' for backup information, and makes conclusions, AS HE SEES IT.
Then he gets attacked by the usual crowd, as xenophobic, etc. For Christssake refute his arguments, point by point, or STFU! BN is no better than eGriz, and some of you are, or probably are, the same people. Whatever happened to thoughtful debate? Simple answer, posters on BN are not capable of thoughtful discussion, with a few notable exceptions. High on that list of great posters is LTCF. :thumbup:
Eh, it was a little of both. Dawson is a fine poster. But he was definitely prodding a bit with this thread. And that's fine. But it's also fine to call the post what it was, and that was trolling.

He talked about our foreign players like they are killing this team and we're the only program that looks for talent overseas. Nearly every roster in the country has foreign born players these days.

He mentioned Bellach like it was some sort of travesty he wasn't getting minutes. Like just because he's a great kid and a local kid he should be guaranteed playing time. D1 ball doesn't work that way.

He claimed our team was no better this year than last year. I highly disagree with that thought.

And he suggested if not for Covid, we'd be a 6-8 team. Obviously just a guess on his part, but I guess we could say that about any team.

They're his opinions and he's entitled to them. In general, I'm not too interested in anything that happened this season, neither good nor bad. It was a crazy season, one I consider basically a wash. But personally I liked a lot of what I saw. I still think we need a knock-down shooter, but I like the pieces in play right now.

If the Cats suck next year, and our foreign players don't contribute, and the program starts sliding, then I'll become worried and give this thread a ounce of respect.



Post Reply