Cat-Griz week!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Cat-Griz week!!

Post by BobcatDel » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:16 pm

Man hope they have the legs and energy on Saturday....and if shooting improves it could be every bit as bad.

Idaho games were canceled so a sweep of Griz would tie them for 2nd with Idaho.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:32 pm

I hadn’t heard about the Idaho games. Doesn’t help in the loss column, but sure helps the “games behind” or percentage column which might have to be used this year for tournament seedings due to the number of games imbalance. This is getting interesting.

Go Cats!!

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:11 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:32 pm
I hadn’t heard about the Idaho games. Doesn’t help in the loss column, but sure helps the “games behind” or percentage column which might have to be used this year for tournament seedings due to the number of games imbalance. This is getting interesting.

Go Cats!!
OK....I don’t understand this Covid protocol stuff. Last night on Twitter they announced the cancellation of the Idaho-Weber WBB with new schedule and time to be determined!!!! I figured it was aCovid issue.

Then today they announced they have moved the schedule to tonight and Sunday!! So Idaho will play.

Only thing I can surmise is a false positive and retest. Or a review of contacts tracing results in being able to play with only a few quarantined. Or it was something totally not related to Covid. Anyway....now I guess I need to root for a Weber victory which seems unlikely.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:18 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:11 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:32 pm

Go Cats!!
OK....I don’t understand this Covid protocol stuff. Last night on Twitter they announced the cancellation of the Idaho-Weber WBB with new schedule and time to be determined!!!! I figured it was aCovid issue.

Then today they announced they have moved the schedule to tonight and Sunday!! So Idaho will play.

Only thing I can surmise is a false positive and retest. Or a review of contacts tracing results in being able to play with only a few quarantined. Or it was something totally not related to Covid. Anyway....now I guess I need to root for a Weber victory which seems unlikely.
Just confirmed it was a Covid protocol that canceled the game yesterday but it did mention further testing and evaluation of Covid protocol. So they are back on!! Wonder if Griz men just didn’t want to relook at protocol options??🤷‍♂️

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:55 pm

To roughly quote a deleted tweet - "They be duckin!!!"

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

aucat

Post by aucat » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:22 pm

So if you bought a virtual ticket to the men's Cat-Griz game, do you get a refund??
Ha, just kidding. I hope they can find a way to make it up.