Bobcat Basketball teams take on Portland State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Re: Bobcat Basketball teams take on Portland State

Post by tetoncat » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:47 pm

In men's side, over last several years if our main scorers had a night like last night we would have lost. Last night bench steps up and we pull out the win. I think that is great progress. Might be frustrating to watch but shows we are building depth.

Sports is not bigger than life

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:32 pm

This team is really fun to watch! Pretty well balanced at different positions, pretty athletic all around... they definitely play as a team, which is nice to see. Not just relying on 1 or 2 guys every game. Lots of young pieces as well, which bodes well for the future.

3-0 in conference! Go cats!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:42 pm

I liked the progress I saw with the women’s team last night in ball movement. They moved that zone out of position for a lot of pretty good shots. Bad Bear and Deden definitely had shots because the perimeter ball movement with some wide spacing really stretched the 2-3 zone in the middle. If Deden’s technique takes over and her ball starts to drop, the score would open up sooner and the 3-point shooters would get more room. I was impressed with Limardo’s and Ransom’s ability to snap off long passes — they really back out and utilize the whole front court. This team is so new and missing a couple of players and still they are finding a way to win. Portland had a lot more experience out on their home court. Go ‘Cats and get another one. Do they need to prepare for anything aside from the 3-2 zone or does Portland have that page of the Robin Selvig playbook in for good?

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:57 pm

Just some observations:
At the beginning of the season Belo would get the ball under the basket and try to lay the ball up off the glass. He was regularly getting the shot re-directed and missed. Lately he has discovered he can dunk! Now he's a beast!
Bishop had a tough time dribbling around the PSU guards or scoring. I believe this was because of their length. A little different than UNC!

2024 Resume dominance

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:11 pm

I’m impressed with Belo’s ability to move in the court away from the basket. Very few players of that mass are as seemingly good on their feet as he is. To me, he appears far from ponderous. I very much look forward to his progression for the next 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 years. He’s gotten a golden opportunity to have another year to develop his game if he chooses.

3-0. Let’s come home at 4-0! Go, ‘Cats.

bobcat2651
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcat2651 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:44 pm

i've asked before but why are skye and jackson not playing?

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:48 pm

Injury.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."