bball vs UNCU

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Re: bball vs UNCU

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:57 pm

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:46 am

It's hard not to continue to be impressed by what the WBB team is doing. Over 40% of their minutes are being played by true freshmen, no problem, still finding a way to get wins. I cannot wait to see what this team is like with Darian White as a senior and this year's freshman class as juniors...

On another note, I still chuckle every time someone uses "UNCU" on here.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:46 am

MSU01 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:46 am
On another note, I still chuckle every time someone uses "UNCU" on here.
I was hoping someone would catch that. I think Northern Colorado should embrace it. It has a nice ring-like UCLA or UNLV. =D^

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:22 am

Those were a couple of good wins last night. The UM men split two very close games with UNCU last weekend, losing by 2 and then winning by 2, so to beat them fairly easily last night was pretty impressive. I was going back and forth between the men's and women's games, and it seemed like every time I came back to the men's game, there had been a wild swing, one direction or the other. MSU led 44-37 at the break, then UNCU went on a 23-8 run to go up 60-52. Then MSU finished the game on a 27-7 run (including 19-0, after it was 60-52). On a side note, UM started the conference season with consecutive 1 point losses to SUU, then split a pair of 2 point games with UNCU last weekend. So they are 1-3 in BSC play, with their 4 games having been decided by a combined margin of only 6 points. I see both games are tipping off at noon on Saturday. I agree with Belgrade...I wish they would stagger the start times, so I could watch all of both games, instead of having to go back and forth. On the plus side, both games will be over before my Rams kick it off against the Seahawks.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:57 pm

John K wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:22 am
Those were a couple of good wins last night. The UM men split two very close games with UNCU last weekend, losing by 2 and then winning by 2, so to beat them fairly easily last night was pretty impressive. I was going back and forth between the men's and women's games, and it seemed like every time I came back to the men's game, there had been a wild swing, one direction or the other. MSU led 44-37 at the break, then UNCU went on a 23-8 run to go up 60-52. Then MSU finished the game on a 27-7 run (including 19-0, after it was 60-52). On a side note, UM started the conference season with consecutive 1 point losses to SUU, then split a pair of 2 point games with UNCU last weekend. So they are 1-3 in BSC play, with their 4 games having been decided by a combined margin of only 6 points. I see both games are tipping off at noon on Saturday. I agree with Belgrade...I wish they would stagger the start times, so I could watch all of both games, instead of having to go back and forth. On the plus side, both games will be over before my Rams kick it off against the Seahawks.
A good outcome from a fairly decisive win at UNC is it may keep that troll from THAT site away for a bit. A win on Saturday and that will keep them away for quite a while.... Hopefully.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:32 pm

Bishop played all 40 minutes, and had 28 points (including 3-4 from three point range), 7 boards, and 5 assists...a fairly impressive stat line. Belo had 16 points and 8 rebounds. Those two could be a pretty good inside/outside duo this season. Dwight Shrute had his 3 B's (beets, bears, Battlestar Gallactica). Now MSU hoops has their own version (Belo, Bishop, Bobcats). UNCU is a terrible FT shooting team. They were only 8-17 last night, after going a combined 15-27 in the 2 games against UM. So that's 23-44 in their last 3 games.

FMFP_PHOTO
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by FMFP_PHOTO » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:11 pm

Hello BobcatNation,

Here is a link to last night's game MSU LadyCats vs NCU LadyBears:

https://fmfp-photo.photoshelter.com/gal ... XI/?start=

Cheers, Felix
www.bobcatmagazines.com